• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Guardians: #huntthetruth

The Chesh

Neo Member
Yet another brilliant episode of Hunt the Truth.

Do you think it has a large enough audience to actually open the Halo 5 segment of Microsofts E3 conference?

Everyone who has listened to it will be think its awesome but the people who haven't followed it will be sort of confused and won't get the pay off the rest of us will?

Sounds a bit like Halo 4 and the books connections which if i recall correctly people where not to fond of?

jem0208

Yet another brilliant episode of Hunt the Truth.

Do you think it has a large enough audience to actually open the Halo 5 segment of Microsofts E3 conference?

Everyone who has listened to it will be think its awesome but the people who haven't followed it will be sort of confused and won't get the pay off the rest of us will?

Sounds a bit like Halo 4 and the books connections which if i recall correctly people where not to fond of?

I think we're going to have some sort of Hunt the Truth episode to open for H5. I think it'll be a self contained episode though; those who have listened to Hunt the Truth will have a better time but those who haven't will still understand everything.

If it isn't mentioned/shown at E3, then I'd say the Halo TV series is cancelled, it's supposed to bridge the gap between H4 and H5 afterall. Anyway, only recent article asking about it, had the paragraph below;

"Though at the moment, all we have to survive on are rumours. Allegedly there were some difficulties during production that has led to a few delays and cancelled demonstrations of the series' progression, but we must be careful with such words."

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/04...o-tv-series-2863058?lt_source=external,manual

AYF 001

Once again the episode delivers HARD! Looks like
FERO
is who she says she is too. Hoping he can get the info to her and not have the
datapad wiped later from the corrupted data spreading or something.
Also,
no metroid-style self-destruct for the facility?
And maybe we'll get to find out what all the deep-space hubbub is about.

I remember reading someone post about slipspace reconciliation in the past, so I suppose this could be the debt for all the wartime travel being repaid.

Well fero is about to do a suicide mission to expose oni to the everyone. She wanted ben alive though. He must have a bigger role he doesnt know about if she went to go save him. Discovering the bunker will be helpful for sure.

I love it! Mext sunday is gonna be... Pivotal. Lol

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I am more curious to see how they will end this. What's going to be in the last episode of last min guys? Then in the morning, E3.

fuckkkk I am so ready

343 has set the bar for promotional hype campaigns. Never have I encountered anything as well produced as this show. This week is going to fly by, we're going to get the stunning conclusion and THEN, we'll see what 343 has cooking for Halo 5's campaign.

This is the BEST time of the year to be a gamer and a hell of a time to be a Halo fan.

Twas a good episode. Next Sunday's 2 Episode finale should prove to be a very good way to end the night before Halo 5's Campaign reveal the next day :). I can't help but feel that the effort that has been put into the Hunt The Truth episode won't somehow find it's way into Halo 5. The characters I mean, especially Benjamin.

And people thought 343 were a bunch of clowns unable to deliver halo narrative or a game. Pah i say! Psh!!!

Bring on e3 and Halo 5!

Team chief. All day errrday

Well fero is about to do a suicide mission to expose oni to the everyone. She wanted ben alive though. He must have a bigger role he doesnt know about if she went to go save him. Discovering the bunker will be helpful for sure.

I love it! Mext sunday is gonna be... Pivotal. Lol

I guess you could say that next sunday, Ben is going to take things to

... a whole. Nutha. Level.

Rtas

Fantastic episode as always.

Hearing Ben talk about how
Chief took down the Assassins without breaking a sweat
invoked much fanboy joy in me. Really wish when Ben met
FERO we'd have gotten some sort of name for her but still it was awesome to see that she's no one we've met so far. Would love if it turns out to be either a marine that John has worked with in the past or something along those lines

I cannot wait to see how this ends and then watch the E3 presentation for the H5 campaign reveal. THE HYPE IS REAL

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I think we're going to have some sort of Hunt the Truth episode to open for H5. I think it'll be a self contained episode though; those who have listened to Hunt the Truth will have a better time but those who haven't will still understand everything.

Yeah, this is how I see it going. Regardless, the production quality of these episodes does make me excited about the campaign. I do think 343 is going to knock that aspect out of the park, and hopefully the whole game will be a great step in revitalizing interest in Halo.

spootime

Man, the quality of hunt the truth has been outstanding over the past few months. I look forward to this more than GoT at this point. Really fantastic stuff.

Hopefully it's good :). A high quality Halo TV show with the kind of budget Game of Thrones has (hopefully) would be incredible.

lol yeah anything with the budget of game of thrones would be good at $6 million per episode. I highly doubt a halo tv series would get that kind of budget.

Dead Man Walking. That's Benjamin's future right now lol. No way things go as simply as he hopes with the dirt he just dug up. He can take down everybody, and I mean everyone at a high level that was involved with the Spartan II program.

In fact, he is now a danger to Parangosky herself, which means he's probably already dead.

You'd be wrong.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goddamn this whole thing has been so good, I'm both excited to see where it all leads and already a little sad that it's almost over.

image.php

;p

A certain somebody who's been apart of all the Halo 5 materials up to this point seems to be missing from this series. Speculation:
Locke kills Ben

Dynasty8

Probably been asked...if I've never read the books but played all the games, would this confuse me in any way? I don't know any of the characters from the books.

Probably been asked...if I've never read the books but played all the games, would this confuse me in any way? I don't know any of the characters from the books.

Actually, no, it wouldn't confuse you in the least. I've read nearly all the books, and this is very easily enjoyed without prior knowledge of the fiction in the books.

In fact, I almost envy the position you're currently in. Once this whole thing concluded I could go back & read through Halo: Fall of Reach again like it was new, since it covers the very controversial Spartan II program that this entire series is based around.

Top Bottom