• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

Nothing is better than kiling an enemy that has a really high cost req weapon, picking it up, then going on a kill streak with it
goodjob.gif

I am so ready for the update so weapons stay on the ground longer...

Edit: Clip. My first time using the Krith's Left Hand it feels soooo good to shoot.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
OT and stupid question time

i'm using my work laptop to watch the qualifier today on twitch and cant for the life of me figure out how to see the twitch chat.

G-DannY

Going to try to block US azure ips on my router. Pretty exhausted of playing unfair games because of latency and stupid developers refusing to permit a server selection.

I'm also spreading the word about it, so if 343 do not give us the option, we'll manage to make it work ourselves.

klaus

Nothing is better than kiling an enemy that has a really high cost req weapon, picking it up, then going on a kill streak with it
goodjob.gif

I am so ready for the update so weapons stay on the ground longer...

Edit: Clip. My first time using the Krith's Left Hand it feels soooo good to shoot.

That other guy is SO me ^^

Halo 5 Guardians |OT3| Best selling exclusive of 2015. :p
Halo 5 Guardians |OT3| Ground, Pound and Two Smoking Barrels

Going to try to block US azure ips on my router. Pretty exhausted of playing unfair games because of latency and stupid developers refusing to permit a server selection.

I'm also spreading the word about it, so if 343 do not give us the option, we'll manage to make it work ourselves.

This could work?

Wasn't really feeling it playing Station 7 remake but Holy Shit at the Citadel remake. Seriously bravo to the forger(s) that built it. Beautiful.

Kalentan

I think it's the 'people don't die instantly' syndrome you get after playing other shooters for years.

It's one of few shooters these days where getting the jump on some doesn't guaruntee a kill.

Honestly... The whole "people don't die instantly" is where Halo 5 just confuses the fuck out of me. If someone gets the jump on me, I'm dead in around ~2 seconds or so. Since apparently most people in this game have aiming blessed by fucking god or something and missing is same as seeing a unicorn.

The aiming still feels so freaking off even after the patch and honestly, almost seems worse. People have ESP or something, cause apparently my radar doesn't work and they know my exact movements without even needing to see me even when I'm across the map.

The more I play, the more I'm starting to hate the game. Which is never how I felt playing the other Halo's. Hell, at this point, I feel Halo 4 was even more enjoyable then this shit.

Trup1aya

Honestly... The whole "people don't die instantly" is where Halo 5 just confuses the fuck out of me. If someone gets the jump on me, I'm dead in around ~2 seconds or so. Since apparently most people in this game have aiming blessed by fucking god or something and missing is same as seeing a unicorn.

The aiming still feels so freaking off even after the patch and honestly, almost seems worse. People have ESP or something, cause apparently my radar doesn't work and they know my exact movements without even needing to see me even when I'm across the map.

The more I play, the more I'm starting to hate the game. Which is never how I felt playing the other Halo's. Hell, at this point, I feel Halo 4 was even more enjoyable then this shit.

I'm not sure why you are confused. In most "other shooters" the time to kill or "TTK" is much fast that in Halo's.

Let's just talk starting weapons for simplicity:

in COD, a perfect AR kill (kill with 100% accuracy and headshot modifier) averages at about .18s.

In Halo 5, your primary starting weapon, the pistol has a perfect kill time of 1.1s. That's over 6x more time to react.

Also keep in mind that a perfect kill is much harder to pull off in H5 because it requires you to follow your target for at least 6x longer than in other games. and usually that person isn't sitting still allowing you to land these shots. Many players accuracy is less than 50%. So it could easily take, on 10x longer to kill some one in Halo when compared to other modern shooters.

Could it be that your reaction time isn't as good as it was when you played previous Halo'o?

Now that you bring up your issues with radar, that your opponents don't seem to have, it appears to me, that your reaction time and hand-eye coordination might not be what it was when you last got into a Halo game, so games with Higher aim-assists and lower TTKs suit you more.

PS: the update didn't change your controlls at all. It just gave you the ability to tune the controls to your likings. You've got a serious case of placebo effect going on..

And Yet the game ended 45-50, so it was a balanced game. People need to stop judging the true skill based on Arena placement, as I see it those 2 Dismond 1 are treally platinum level players. I take loosing a 45-50 game any day, it shows that it wasnt a blowout and if I want to justify reaching the next level I need to step my game up.

balanced?, balanced?!, BALANCED?!?

but he didn't WIN - what part of balanced do you not understand?!?!!

/s

TCKaos

Bought 11 Gold Packs
All of them were full of the new emblems.
I have unlocked every new emblem but 2.
Also I got some AR skins.
No Mark V, though.

I hate this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom