• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leyasu

Banned
So I got ranked gold 1 in slayer on launch week, and yesterday arrived at diamond 1. But slayer is going to take a back burner for a bit when btb drops.

Can't wait for this..

Any UK/EU players on in an hour or so and fancy some slayer?

el_Nikolinho

Neo Member
God damn this ranking system. Was in diamond 6, Have dropped all the way to diamond 4 (one more loss and I'm in diamond 3) just because I'm placed on bad teams. 343 please let individual performance matter more. Please.

People quitting in doubles, smh. It feels so off to switch between EU/US servers constantly. From the game feeling smooth as butter to essentially drudging through mud.

Trup1aya

Still confused about how a knife is cutting through MJOLNIR armour. Makes no sense.

Retconned for awesomeness... Let it be.

wKJzL0y.gif

new OT smell yay

EDIT:

shit.

Oh cool, my love for halo verified

did you ever get your pre-order stuff and the teishin raikou armor? (this question is for everyone in here)

also, gif of the new assassination!

https://content.halocdn.com/media/Default/community/blogs/images/shove_it_542_02-ed65443af42a43bebb12f692513c760d.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Nope, still no warzone bundle REQs, or pre order REQs.

Tashie, Frankie, Domino

Halp!

If you ask me we also need: Hornets, Falcons, Brute Choppers, Cobras, Grizzlys and Locusts.

This idea is royalty free 343i. ;)

The Kestrel as well, although it's basically a UNSC ghost.

We need to save the Brutes for Halo 6. Because they're gonna be an important faction there, they damn well better be. :p

Leyasu

Banned
People quitting in doubles, smh. It feels so off to switch between EU/US servers constantly. From the game feeling smooth as butter to essentially drudging through mud.
This. It fucking boggles my mind that they can consider this to be a good set up. Two or three games locally then games out of region.. Like wtf?? I'm sure that this would not be much for them to rectify either.

I had some Canadians in an EU server game last night. It was funny listening to them not understand why they weren't getting the kills. I explained what the problem was, and their reaction wouldn't surprise anyone I think.

Montresor

YES! An OT title that's a callback to an incredible commercial and won't shit up the first 5 pages of discussion!

Seriously, I love the whole "All hail the conquering hero" bit. Locke has a great voice actor.

God damn this ranking system. Was in diamond 6, Have dropped all the way to diamond 4 (one more loss and I'm in diamond 3) just because I'm placed on bad teams. 343 please let individual performance matter more. Please.

If you want to roll with a group, follow me on XBL and we can play some: Crimson Angelus. I've got a Spartan Company with 85 players and we usually do pretty well when we are playing together.

Tawpgun

People always blowing their OT load early. Does no one wait until page 400 anymore?

ANYWAY

RE maps they need to scale them up.

Kinda funny because in Halo 4 I thought the maps were too big but Halo 4 size maps would be perfect with Halo 5's added speed.

Right now a lot of the maps feel way too small for how fast spartans move. Some frenetic, small maps (like Truth) are fine. But almost ALL of the Arena maps feel claustrophobic. It's why the spawn system feels so messed up.

Pegasus and maybe Eden feel like the biggest arena maps.

E92 M3

If you suffer from premature OT creation, please call your Dr. ask about Gafolon. The once a day drug to bring back the spark to your thread creation. Bring the smiles back with Gafolon.

*random happy music*

side effects include: ruptured spleen, heart attack, depression, panic attacks, high blood pressure, brain damage and chronic fatigue.

*random happy music*

Gafolon, the once a day pill to happiness.

m23

Great work on the OT.

Stayed up until 1:30 last night playing the game, can't remember the last time I did that. Now then 343, waiting on campaign scoring and medal viewing after matches.

Going through all the submissions for the montage this morning. Some really good stuff. Over 50 different people have submitted, with multiple clips. Surprised so few of the OG HaloGAF crew have though! I'll still accept them today if you want to go through your clips.

halogafmontage@gmail.com

arimanius

Warzone Firefight: 12 player squad defends center base (fortress, spire, garage) from an ever increasing onslaught of AI enemies. Wave based, REQ increases with wave. Players lose once they are eliminated.

Warzone Firefight Versus: Two teams spawn at their respective bases and defend the core against 10 waves of enemies, first to clear all waves wins. AI can destroy power core, instantly losing the match for the team who let's that happen

Bringing this idea over from OT1. I need it 343i. Please make this happen.

OneUh8

Going through all the submissions for the montage this morning. Some really good stuff. Over 50 different people have submitted, with multiple clips. Surprised so few of the OG HaloGAF crew have though! I'll still accept them today if you want to go through your clips.

halogafmontage@gmail.com

I had posted a clip in the montage thread, but I also just emailed that same clip. Hope it's not too late :).

Leyasu

Banned
Really looking forward to btb. Has always been my favourite Halo mode
When I was weighing up either getting a ps4 or sticking with Xbox (I am only allowed once console this Gen) before launch in 2013, it was the thought of missing out on btb that ultimately made my decision . I love btb as well. Nothing quite like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom