• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

IHaveIce

Banned
Thing is Halo, more specifically population, needed to bridge the gap between ultra competitive and casual. The Warzone and Arena split is perfect but you have to allow some elements of "cheap" kills for lack of a better term. The pros will dislike easy kills where it's a lot of fun for the less competitive or new to the game etc.

The 2 binaries is too much. The SAW+speedboost is fine to test out.
Saw is not fine. Arena playlist is supposed to be the playlist closest to the HCS.

But I understand what you mean and present to you the idea of a Team Social playlist.

There also is no real gap in ultracompetive to casual except for the skill in H5, all weapons on maps are used except for the plasmacaster and not really that hard to use.

IHaveIce

Banned
Been saying there should've been a permanent social arena playlist they could use to test new settings....
Would also be perfect for testing out forge maps.

Oh you guys wanna know why good forge naps are not considered for the HCS yet? Because HCS ran on closed servers on dev builds at tournaments and donwloading community maps on them seems to be hassle it seems.

At least that is what Spartan said.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Refer to my above statement. We don't need a separate thread, some folks just need some damn self-control. You posted on a regular basis when you started in the thread and it wasn't a problem. You're one of the better "new" folks around here. This is the H5 OT. Anything regarding H5 is fair game. I was offering my impression of a few posters. You weren't included in that assessment.

Haha, appreciated.

And fair enough, I can admit that I should post less post-game screenshots showing how a single player dragged our team down, and complain less about being matched to an US server. Those points have been made.

On a different note, I'm curious since I'm travelling, how does the new Torque play in Slayer?

Earlier matches started always with the battle for the rockets in the centre, one of the teams would be nearly guaranteed an early 5-0 lead, and then the match would turn into a running/hiding competition with gravity hammers. I must say I quite enjoyed the dynamic, kinda how I liked the prior intensity with Fuel Rods on Riptide.

Saw is not fine. Arena playlist is supposed to be the playlist closest to the HCS.

But I understand what you mean and present to you the idea of a Team Social playlist. I would like a ranked playlist with higher req level weapons as default loadouts or map pickups but with even starts.

There also is no real gap in ultracompetive to casual except for the skill in H5, all weapons on maps are used except for the plasmacaster and not really that hard to use.

Good point I wasn't thinking of social vs ranked.

Would also be perfect for testing out forge maps.

Oh you guys wanna know why good forge naps are not considered for the HCS yet? Because HCS ran on closed servers on dev builds at tournaments and donwloading community maps on them seems to be hassle it seems.

At least that is what Spartan said.

I think it's a different build version, probably internal iterations prior to public releases.

Ryde3

got some Multi Team in last night, I'm usually running with 2 other buddies so teams of 3 is perfect - man those games get tense, they always seem to be close.

I enjoyed my first match on Tyrant, hoping to get some assault or ctf in soon.

Mix

Did my slayer placement matches yesterday, played almost exclusively with Diamond and Onyx, got Plat 6...

wtf

im still learning how to Halo 5 so bear with me with these silly questions:

does the daily win pack from arena and warzone have a chance for unlockables or is it just standard consumables? I can't recall gettting any unlockables through it.

Ade

Halo 5:Guardians |OT4| - Infected Reach around.
Halo 5:Guardians |OT4| - Reach for the stars
Halo 5:Guardians |OT4| - Firefighters Reach around for their hoses
Halo 5:Guardians |OT4| - Glassed planets have bad matchmaking
Halo 5:Guardians |OT4| - Remember Reach? This is better, honest
Halo 5:Guardians |OT4| - All Torque, no action
Halo 5:Guardians |OT4| - We can still take the enemy core
Halo 5:Guardians |OT4| - Sarah Palmers Infections Narration

I also have gone completely mad now I have 1.2k million reqs. Spawn a Phaeton, die, repeat

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Spent 200k in req points last night. Still in silvers. /sigh. Got some good stuff though. I think i need another 200k just to get out of silvers. I don't have time for this grind anymore.

Also:

Halo 5:Guardians |OT4| - File Share Where?

EYEL1NER

Just saw this gif of a guy scoring six kills in a row with the speed boost + Spartan Charge and was highly entertained by it: link
I did like the feel of it last night when I tried it. I'll have to toy around with it some and maybe stop selling 100% of my speed boosts back. It seems like it is getting a lot of complaints elsewhere though.
Was this an acceptable post? My apologies if it wasn't :'(

Caja 117

the Changes on torque were ok until I saw someone running around with a Sword.......WHY?

At least no more 2 Grv Hammers spawning.

bchamba

I'm not sure how I feel about the windows on Empire being closed but I like the rest of the changes. Having an actual power weapon outside gives people a reason to not try to hold down only the tower and leaving the shotgun farther away from the tower makes it harder for a team to hold it down.

now that active roster for spartan companies is there a chance for a Halo GAF company purge for inactive users (and an invitiation for your friendly neighborhood this guy?)

now that active roster for spartan companies is there a chance for a Halo GAF company purge for inactive users (and an invitiation for your friendly neighborhood this guy?)

I think the spartan company roster is buggy. It only shows who is 'online' if you have them as a friend. I think someone said that earlier.

im still learning how to Halo 5 so bear with me with these silly questions:

does the daily win pack from arena and warzone have a chance for unlockables or is it just standard consumables? I can't recall gettting any unlockables through it.
It's really rare that they unlock stuff but they can. I unlocked corpsemaker last night with my warzone daily win pack.

singhr1

God damn 343i. Giving yourself exclusive skins again!

screenshot-originalg1xo8.png

Fuchsdh

Finally got a game on Darkstar and... it's very confusing. I feel like I saw an enemy spartan "every once in a while" and nobody really seemed to know what they were doing. Pretty sure I experienced one of those new weapons right to the face a couple times; some kind of energy weapon. I probably should have REQ'd one I got from the free pack they gave out to see what it's like but with no certain engagement spots or directions I wasn't really comfortable that I wouldn't get blasted without a chance to fire. I definitely got lost and caught out plenty of times. It came down to Warden and we took care of most of him while keeping the enemy at bay only for one to sneak behind us and steal him with an IC last second. New map but some things never change, I guess.

I think it'll end up being pretty interesting when everyone has a feel for it, though. Lots of directions to go, lots of directions to be attack from, lots of cover to duck behind, lots of vertical play, lots of tunnels, lots of indoor spots, lots of open spaces for vehicles, lots of AI enemies and bosses spawning in all kinds of different positions. It should always hold plenty of different types of engagements.

It's a very different Warzone map from those we've played in the past, which is good IMO. Hopefully the gameplay doesn't metastasize into cross map pinging from the armories, but I'm digging it thus far.

While I understand why people dislike the Fortress, the fact that this map allows you to easily go for the enemy armory and circle around quickly makes it far better for flanking than Stormbreak and makes capturing the Fortress less important, since it doesn't offer you the same monopoly on bosses.

singhr1

It's a very different Warzone map from those we've played in the past, which is good IMO. Hopefully the gameplay doesn't metastasize into cross map pinging from the armories, but I'm digging it thus far.

While I understand why people dislike the Fortress, the fact that this map allows you to easily go for the enemy armory and circle around quickly makes it far better for flanking than Stormbreak and makes capturing the Fortress less important, since it doesn't offer you the same monopoly on bosses.

Yeah. Also the front entrance (side facing the legendary bosses on Darkstar) of the fortress is not as congested so it's another route that makes holding down the fortress a bit tougher as well.

i hate it how they say " we dont give anyone reqs, we all have to buy reqs like everyone else '

then the pro's play with achillies and the new skins instantly or they have those skins above given to their employees n stuff. lol

klaus

Just saw this gif of a guy scoring six kills in a row with the speed boost + Spartan Charge and was highly entertained by it: link
I did like the feel of it last night when I tried it. I'll have to toy around with it some and maybe stop selling 100% of my speed boosts back. It seems like it is getting a lot of complaints elsewhere though.
Was this an acceptable post? My apologies if it wasn't :'(

dTGZBmL.jpg

Akai__

i hate it how they say " we dont give anyone reqs, we all have to buy reqs like everyone else '

then the pro's play with achillies and the new skins instantly or they have those skins above given to their employees n stuff. lol

Who cares about trivial visual customizations?

Who cares about trivial visual customizations?

The people who buy the packs that contain trivial visual customizations or anyone who buys packs in general. i think they would care right? people getting stuff for free because of a 'status' label doesn't seem right.

dozensofus.gif

Finally got a game on Darkstar and... it's very confusing. I feel like I saw an enemy spartan "every once in a while" and nobody really seemed to know what they were doing. Pretty sure I experienced one of those new weapons right to the face a couple times; some kind of energy weapon. I probably should have REQ'd one I got from the free pack they gave out to see what it's like but with no certain engagement spots or directions I wasn't really comfortable that I wouldn't get blasted without a chance to fire. I definitely got lost and caught out plenty of times. It came down to Warden and we took care of most of him while keeping the enemy at bay only for one to sneak behind us and steal him with an IC last second. New map but some things never change, I guess.

I think it'll end up being pretty interesting when everyone has a feel for it, though. Lots of directions to go, lots of directions to be attack from, lots of cover to duck behind, lots of vertical play, lots of tunnels, lots of indoor spots, lots of open spaces for vehicles, lots of AI enemies and bosses spawning in all kinds of different positions. It should always hold plenty of different types of engagements.

Hmm, was this game last night around 9 to 10 pm PST? If so That guy with the IC might have been ME. LOL. That's exactly how I ended my first game on that map. I grabbed a dropped IC, went around the corner to the Warden and blasted him. Game Over. :D

Akai__

The people who buy the packs that contain trivial visual customizations or anyone who buys packs in general. i think they would care right? people getting stuff for free because of a 'status' label doesn't seem right.

dozensofus.gif

Where you mad at Bungie, because they had Flaming Recon in H3 or Blue Flames in Halo Reach?

Also, which Pro has received Achilles for free? I see dozens of them in their own Community Company or in well known Companies like The Sauna, etc.

BraXzy

dozensofus.gif

The pro's only get to pick and choose armour during events. As far as I know that isn't the case for their actual accounts.

The tags they use for tournaments obviously wouldn't have any unlocks so they just open the floodgate. Plus they probably promote the new armour so they are repping the latest update.

Don't be so salty :p

pieface

Should also make daily reminders we need a solo queue playlist...

This needs to happen. Please please please!

Even if they just trial it out in a "social solo queue" type deal, I'd play in there all the time.

And what changes have they made to Slayer maps?

Where you mad at Bungie, because they had Flaming Recon in H3 or Blue Flames in Halo Reach?

Also, which Pro has received Achilles for free? I see dozens of them in their own Community Company or in well known Companies like The Sauna, etc.

It's more of what they are saying. I guess your second part is what braxzy is saying below.

The pro's only get to pick and choose armour during events. As far as I know that isn't the case for their actual accounts.

The tags they use for tournaments obviously wouldn't have any unlocks so they just open the floodgate. Plus they probably promote the new armour so they are repping the latest update.

Don't be so salty :p

makes sense now. i thought they were on their own profile and i dont watch their personal streams so all i seen was what was on the tournies.

not being salty, just thought they were being hypocritical on what they have said over and over yet i seen the opposite. but it appears that im wrong, again. cool beans.

Top Bottom