• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Man, if they fixed the spawns on Urban, I would hate to have seen it before it got pulled from rotation. I'm not complaining about the spawns on it, just saying it was a tough one to try to defend when I just played it for the first time right now.
It was the offense spawns that were messed up.

wooooo

red_vs_blue_dance_gif_by_glacierfrostheart-d883d7t.gif

Halo 5 is great and all but it's not Halo.

gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

Listen, here's how it goes. Halo 5 is great, it's wonderful, I love it. It's a great Halo 5, tremendous. But it's not Halo. It's just not. You can't tell me it's Halo, there's no way. 343, I love them, I do, but they're incompetent, they're losers, I love them to death but they're just yuuuuuuge idiots. And lazy, so lazy. You know, when 343i sends up their maps, they're not sending, they're not, they're not sending their best and brightest, they're sending their Overgrowths, and their Riptides, and, I mean, I'm sure maybe those maps are good, some games, but they're not, they're not good maps.

We need to make Halo great again.

Listen, here's how it goes. Halo 5 is great, it's wonderful, I love it. It's a great Halo 5, tremendous. But it's not Halo. It's just not. You can't tell me it's Halo, there's no way. 343, I love them, I do, but they're incompetent, they're losers, I love them to death but they're just yuuuuuuge idiots. And lazy, so lazy. You know, when 343i sends up their maps, they're not sending, they're not, they're not sending their best and brightest, they're sending their Overgrowths, and their Riptides, and, I mean, I'm sure maybe those maps are good, some games, but they're not, they're not good maps.

Many people, many , many, many, so many people, like what i say. Even the people who talk bad about me, these three four three, they call me and tell me of what a great job im doing. They like what I say. Many people.

#MakeHaloGreatAgain
#Poodleump

I've talked to a lot of people and they all agree, 343 is a mess.

Mix

Clearly you missed the Halo/Destiny thread in Gaming.

lmao I guess I did, do you have a link?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. Holy hell, man, that is some infuriating stuff. I hate so much that Fahz is not a fan of the game. I know he liked it at first, I just don't understand what he doesn't like about it. The try-hard mentality of the matchmaking as a whole? The fact that there is no social slayer to go play to unwind? Idk, I wish I could help him and others see the light.

BraXzy

So, can someone tell 343 that i don't need to play torque 24/7 on slayer and that it's okay for me to play other maps?

thanks!

Newer maps gets a higher weighting in matchmaking which sometimes can be great when you want to try it out but yeah, sometimes it seems to go way overboard. Have you been jumping in and out of servers? Try sticking in a lobby and waiting the timer out.

EYEL1NER

It was the offense spawns that were messed up.
Hmm, I didn't know it was just offense. Typically the assaulting team wins in the WZ Assault matches I play so I would have never guessed they were at a disadvantage on one of the maps. I just played Urban again as the attacking team and it didn't seem any easier than defending.

MaGlock

New ot smell same old faces. Gotta grind 10 more silvers then back to gold. Will I ever finish idk but I hope firefight gives oodles of req points

BraXzy

lmao I guess I did, do you have a link?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. Holy hell, man, that is some infuriating stuff. I hate so much that Fahz is not a fan of the game. I know he liked it at first, I just don't understand what he doesn't like about it. The try-hard mentality of the matchmaking as a whole? The fact that there is no social slayer to go play to unwind? Idk, I wish I could help him and others see the light.

There's no use. There's a small cluster of ex-Halo fans that dislike the game enough to actively find H5 threads and shit on the game in them. Fair enough you don't like it, but move on jeez :3

Hmm, I didn't know it was just offense. Typically the assaulting team wins in the WZ Assault matches I play so I would have never guessed they were at a disadvantage on one of the maps. I just played Urban again as the attacking team and it didn't seem any easier than defending.
Between exploitable offense spawns and gliching into the armory walls, defense with a decent team that knew the strats was almost impossible to break. Urban was particularly bad because it had fewer spawn locations to begin with, and they were all easily covered by defenders.

Karl2177

I know everyone says Good OT even if it's ass, but this is actually a good OT. Not too many pictures, and the ones that are there aren't disruptive. Nice job :)

Chittagong

Gold Member
My first new OT with Halo 5, and it's while I'm travelling and can't play the game. Oh well, at least I got to see a startup that can do 100mbs at speed of light in the ionosphere from London to SFO, so one day, by Halo 10, we should have really awesome online ping.

Back on topic, how does the adjusted Torque play in slayer, I'm curious?

EYEL1NER

Between exploitable offense spawns and gliching into the armory walls, defense with a decent team that knew the strats was almost impossible to break. Urban was particularly bad because it had fewer spawn locations to begin with, and they were all easily covered by defenders.
That definintly sounds bad. About how long was it out of rotation?

Trup1aya

Thought for sure I'd be out of the wall of shame... Spent a lot of time on the gaming side to make sure of it. Didn't work.

Halo is mom

Top Bottom