• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

14188200_1115543068526963_1877014363568523152_o.jpg

Unlock the Prophets' Bane certification with the new Prophets’ Bane Mythic REQ Pack, part of our Month of Mythic!
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/halo-5-guardians-prophets-bane-mythic-req-pack/bxf989sqgq43

Akai__

It's not exclusive to Halo 5. In MCC a couple weeks ago I faced off against a team of people who were ranked 30 and atleast one 50 when I'm Level 1 in that playlist.

That's because they completely removed the restrictions in the MCC ranked playlists.

I won three games. This game honestly has one of the worst matchmaking systems I've seen and I'm not even trying to be funny here. Whatever, I played my ten, so now I don't have to deal with that shit anymore.

Also it says "Fall" season instead of the month. So I'm wondering if it's longer than a month now.

jem0208

On the game’s fall season splash screen it says:

“As a note, in order to improve CSR calculations, players may fall between divisions.”

This is a fairly major change, seems odd that it’s just a footnote...

Just wrote a 5 paragraph essay on why Overgrowth, Riptide, Tyrant, and assault are awful and need to be removed from the team arena playlist in that box at the end of the survey. I've done what I can to help make Halo great again

Coliseum assault is actually really good.

But it's not... It's definitely better since they moved the scoring area, but it's still generally 10 minutes of slayer until a team finally gets a cap and by that time it's to late to push and try to tie it up. Games don't end 0-0 anymore, so if that what it takes for you to think it's good then sure it's good.

Just wrote a 5 paragraph essay on why Overgrowth, Riptide, Tyrant, and assault are awful and need to be removed from the team arena playlist in that box at the end of the survey. I've done what I can to help make Halo great again

What's wrong with overgrowth?
I always enjoy this map when it comes up, especially strongholds... The RL needs to go though.

Don't really get the Riptide hate either.

I'm not a fan of tyrant though, not enough angles and attacking options.

Karl2177

Post it here too if you can.
Monsters.

Each REQ pack you don't buy is a ramen noodle out of some poor tester's mouth.
Is there any way to make sure it is domino?

I always enjoy this map when it comes up, especially strongholds... The RL needs to go though.

Careful, you're poking the monster!

BradC00

343i should take a hint and take riptide out or redo it or something. there are always people who back out and it takes like 3 times as long to get a game on it.

Not the first time, I like Spartan charge too :)

I got the overgrowth hate when the sword was on the map, but I'm just going by my personal enjoyment of the map and I always have a good time.

Riptide isn't a great map, like it shouldn't be part of HCS but no need to remove it from team arena, the variety is welcome and I never get the shits when it comes up... Like tyrant assault.

jem0208

But it's not... It's definitely better since they moved the scoring area, but it's still generally 10 minutes of slayer until a team finally gets a cap and by that time it's to late to push and try to tie it up. Games don't end 0-0 anymore, so if that what it takes for you to think it's good then sure it's good.
Low scoring isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

I just had a game where my team spent the first half only just managing to fend off the other team scoring. Then we managed to counterattack and pull off an arm. It then went back to us scrambling to stop them scoring for another few minutes until they tied up. We scored just as the game went into overtime leaving 3 minutes left where they went all out attack and we just managed to stop them.

The game ended 2-1 in overtime but it was never just a slayer match. We had maybe 4 or 5 massively clutch defenses. Just because a point isn’t being scored doesn’t mean the game wasn’t interesting.

Overgrowth- Nothing but tight corridors and hallways. Makes it nearly impossible to avoid nades and rockets. Also camping crouched with an ar at a doorway waiting for somebody to come through is abundant.

Riptide- This map has absolutely no flow to it. Blue room is still a dominant area. 343 put a plasma caster to try and help push people out of this area, but it can make holding blue room even more dominant if the team controlling this spot gets a hold of it because then nobody is going to be able to push through wind tunnel. I do really like the addition of camo to this map though.

Tyrant- You touched on it already with the lack of angles and attacking options because it's literally 3 long, tight hallways. Plus it's so stupid for assault because the defending team can throw the bomb off the map from inside the scoring area.

Post it here too if you can.

I can't just copy and paste what I wrote because it contains questions from the survey and why I gave those questions low grades. But the gist of my arguments to why Overgrowth, Riptide, Tyrant, and Assault are awful are in my reply to Jem and Jizz.

BradC00

Tyrant- You touched on it already with the lack of angles and attacking options because it's literally 3 long, tight hallways. Plus it's so stupid for assault because the defending team can throw the bomb off the map from inside the scoring area.

if they stretched tyrant I think it would be ok, it's just too fucking cramped. this ain't fukin cod.

Overgrowth- Nothing but tight corridors and hallways. Makes it nearly impossible to avoid nades and rockets. Also camping crouched with an ar at a doorway waiting for somebody to come through is abundant.

Riptide- This map has absolutely no flow to it. Blue room is still a dominant area. 343 put a plasma caster to try and help push people out of this area, but it can make holding blue room even more dominant if the team controlling this spot gets a hold of it because then nobody is going to be able to push through wind tunnel. I do really like the addition of camo to this map though.

I can't just copy and paste what I wrote because it contains questions from the survey and why I gave those questions low grades. But the gist of my arguments to why Overgrowth, Riptide, Tyrant, and Assault are awful are in my reply to Jem and Jizz.

I don't come across too many AR campers on overgrowth luckily, I'm a diamond so that's probably why, don't think it needs to be removed still, I dig it.

As for riptide, what kind of pussies hole up in blue room? I don't see that much, stick a fucking teleporter in there or something... make it even more like chill out.

Kinda glad I'm a scrub, don't come across these gutless camping tactics as much.

m2fBxxB.png

2000 grenade kills away from Achilles armor. hopefully my company's 99 other members get together this weekend to finish this commendation off.

Low scoring isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

I just had a game where my team spent the first half only just managing to fend off the other team scoring. Then we managed to counterattack and pull off an arm. It then went back to us scrambling to stop them scoring for another few minutes until they tied up. We scored just as the game went into overtime leaving 3 minutes left where they went all out attack and we just managed to stop them.

The game ended 2-1 in overtime but it was never just a slayer match. We had maybe 4 or 5 massively clutch defenses. Just because a point isn’t being scored doesn’t mean the game wasn’t interesting.

I just don't find it interesting or fun to repeatedly come within a second or 2 from a cap to not happen because the defending team gets a touch and it resets the timer. You may kill the guy that gets the reset but the defending team has spawned in by now and they overwhelm the 1 or 2 attackers left so they then throw the bomb off the map and the process starts all over again. If the timer didn't reset completely once the defending team gets a touch I'm sure it would be a much more enjoyable experience.

So the HaloGAF company is very likely going to finish off the ground pound commendation tonight. Thanks action sack! Now we just need all the active members to actually get in ground vehicles and get kills with them. Regularly. Because holy shit.

Also, embrace the dark side and Spartan charge at every opportunity.

Sai

I was doing pretty decent with my qualification matches until I started getting matched against full parties. :(

2 more. Last season I started out as a Platinum 6, and worked my way up to a Diamond 4, if I remember correctly.

Top Bottom