• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

BradC00

So this Prophet's Bane pack is totally not worth 100,000k, right

don't you just get a bunch of prophet's banes? doesn't sound worth it to me. but its like what they did with the new guys in R6S, made them real expensive w/ the in game money so people buy them w/ real monies

mcrommert

Banned
Missed the news yesterday. Adding customs browser is a culmination of what I have wanted since halo 2 launched. Really hoping after this that halo 6 does not start over on the multi...leave it alone and just keep adding maps and features. Very very happy now

Missed the news yesterday. Adding customs browser is a culmination of what I have wanted since halo 2 launched. Really hoping after this that halo 6 does not start over on the multi...leave it alone and just keep adding maps and features. Very very happy now

Agreed, and hope others feel the same way. I would be totally fine if Halo 6's multiplayer offering consisted of Halo 5's 25+ maps making up most of the library, alongside 10-14 new offerings. Ideally they won't gut anything, and everything in Halo 5 will be brought forward and consolidated into one giant package.

Fuchsdh

That was pretty fun! I haven't played customs in forever.

Yeah we need to run some more GAF Customs some time. I wanna actually get some maps done with W10 Forge finally. Trenchball must live again!

Also, I think Tank World is an example of a game that would be pointless without the new Halo 5 tank controls for independent aiming and movement. I enjoyed it.

Yeah we need to run some more GAF Customs some time. I wanna actually get some maps done with W10 Forge finally. Trenchball must live again!

Also, I think Tank World is an example of a game that would be pointless without the new Halo 5 tank controls for independent aiming and movement. I enjoyed it.
Aiming and movement have always been independent on the tank though? Halo 5 fucked it up and made forward change to whatever direction you're aiming.

Trup1aya

You have it backwards, right? the controls WERE independent until it was ruined in H5. Now the left sticks function changes depending on where you are aiming, which makes moving while hitting moving targets much more of a chore than it needs to be.

I love tank world, but I hate the tank controls and I hate how long the game runs.

Dany. Sorry about the last game last night. Kiddos were in need to be put to bed and were screaming lol.

Well link up again and get that onyx in slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Sai

Anybody going to be on around 4-6 EST? Was hoping to get a party going for a few rounds of Slayer, or maybe some Customs.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Dany. Sorry about the last game last night. Kiddos were in need to be put to bed and were screaming lol.

Well link up again and get that onyx in slayer!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to board this train. When do you guys play?

TCKaos

Dear Frankie, Tashi, et al,

I would like to submit my formal application to have my standing reset for the September 2016 season in regards to Slayer. I've been having a really shitty day and decided to hop on Halo 5 to grind my way through a few matches. During this, my first Slayer placement match of the day and my second in the season, I was matched in a party of random players against a full team, at which point literally everyone quit, leaving me in an unwinnable 1v4 situation.

If you know any method of resetting my placement matches, please let me know, or else I'm not going to place in slayer this season because I'm already so far off kilter that there's almost certainly no way I'll even hit Platinum.

Regards,
TCKaos

J9b2fCX.png

Cranster

Banned
Halo 1 online is garbage tier especially with the multiplayer settings in the Halo 1 MCC playlist. Whoever decided it should be 2v2 with no motion tracker should be branded a heretic and humiliated.

Madness

A bit off topic, but why are my quoted posts no longer highlighted green?

Probably for same reason that they removed the who quotes you feature. Probably saves them server space and bandwidth and what else. Especially as the readership declines as more move on to twitter for discussions and gaming news.

Probably for same reason that they removed the who quotes you feature. Probably saves them server space and bandwidth and what else. Especially as the readership declines as more move on to twitter for discussions and gaming news.

How does removing a CSS tag save anything?

Sai

My posts are still being highlighted. Is that really even a costly feature?

Sorry if anybody was looking for me earlier. Ended up getting home pretty late, and by the time I was able to start playing, that timeframe I set had almost passed.

jem0208

I can’t believe Gaf doesn’t have some form of notification system for when you get quoted. It’s so bloody convenient for keeping track of different threads and conversations.

If you rely on getting easy kills by spawn killing.
The CE playlist in TMCC is very intimidating for casual players, and I'm not saying that in a derogatory way. If you're looking to play CE, your best bet is to just take your chances in Team Slayer and hope CE gets voted (lol), otherwise be prepared to get destroyed by players who have put years into that game in the CE playlist.

I hope a 4v4 CE playlist returns one day or something is done to give people more options to play something other than Halo 3 in the mixed playlists. TMCC could use a re-release with a browser/toggle system of some sort.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I think Dany is like 5 hours ahead of me. I'm mountain time and I'm thinking about playing late tonight. So in about.. 6-7 hours which will be around 9pm mst.

I play with anyone

I'm Pacific. I need to play with people. Tired of random that have zero clue on map power positions. Who the fuck just roams the map on riptide and ignores blue room and beam!? My match made teammates that's who.

Top Bottom