• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Ade

Huzzah! (Its animated, so does look a bit better than the other HCS one)

y3mX2NWDflGU3i9yn_cEx9j-6SEdlitA9KV29T4YRHO8lV44PHs-RGMCTK_e9PTWltvuUmOFJqFJgRZtvWIDydkiZf7ukwNFv3HvZ6yKrZ5mf8WIQbuSfbQHYSYrillNghfSQzz2DuYbX-Se2HHq1pVIDoezdrmSLl6nSRg6Ocic-I

Akai__

Who is Elzar? And who is G0su?

But most importantly... What's a zoojoo?

Anyone want to run a coupple "Social" games? I won't have a mic, though.

BizzyBum

Which event were you at?

It also has a totally different name plate section.

I don't even have the first HCS emblem. For some reason it was never added back in for the pro team packs like all the skins. :(

Not asking you to gift that for me for Christmas or anything, just talking out loud.

gAg CruSh3r

I have not talked to most of you here in a very long time. I was just dropping by with Creative Force's new creation because I feel like you guys might enjoy it. I will copy and paste most of the important things that might peak your interest and I will drop the link here if you want more info and run down how the map works.https://www.forgehub.com/maps/titan.4340/#post-1670612

"Ever since Halo 3, warming up has been a bit lack luster. A few members from the community have Octagon gametypes, but the gametypes have missed the mark with so many players. Yeah you could claim the top spot by 'spawn trapping' your opponent over and over, but what does that really accomplish? Is there any fame or glory behind this? Not that I was ever salty over losing a 20 minute 1v1 Octagon battle, but after the match was over I was spent. I actually felt worse going into a match more than I would if I went in cold. When Halo Reach forge was supplied I tried to eliminate Octagon for good, but failed miserably.

Now that we have a robust forge in Halo 5, I wanted to revisit the Octagon gametype to find a true warm up replacement. And a 10 minute or more, scenario based, warm up gametype has finally been achieved. With the help from my teammates on Creative Force, we have created a gametype that is not only fun to play, but it will have you wanting to jump right back in for a rematch.

We have decided to call this gametype Fury. Fury is a multi-round scenario based game, intended for the players who want a quick 10 min plus warmup game. Fury is, well, different. For two minutes, you play one round in a room filled with various height variations, line of sight blockers, standard weapons and everything else that you would expect in a normal map. This room can support both 1v1 and 2v2 gameplay. The team with the most kills wins the round. After the round is complete however, you are spawned into a new room with different height variations, routes, and weapons. Giving you the chance to win the next round, after losing the last. This goes on until one team reaches 5 wins. Sounds different, right?"

I hope you guys enjoy it!
(Download links)
Gametype Fury:https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/game-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=Nitroo
Map Titan:https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=Modified&page=1&gamertag=Nitroo

I am not having fun with Halo 5 right now. It's becoming a constant thing where if I get the jump on somebody from medium to close range and I don't perfect them with the magnum they cut the distance and melt me with the AR. Might just be time for me to take another break from Halo 5 and play some other games.

I am not having fun with Halo 5 right now. It's becoming a constant thing where if I get the jump on somebody from medium to close range and I don't perfect them with the magnum they cut the distance and melt me with the AR. Might just be time for me to take another break from Halo 5 and play some other games.

I don't think it's just the AR doing that mate. I'm finding it so competitive and such a high skill standard from a teams or 1/2 dominant players these days. Even in skirmish if you don't have your A game on you're getting stomped in engagements.

I think the last few Halo games and playlists have really suffered from a minority of teams/players turning players away from playing more, basically reducing a majority from enjoying their experiences and their replayability. Its compounded even more in international regions and low population times.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Tashi throw me a bone... btb and pistol starts. Any movement AT ALL?

I have not talked to most of you here in a very long time. I was just dropping by with Creative Force's new creation because I feel like you guys might enjoy it. I will copy and paste most of the important things that might peak your interest and I will drop the link here if you want more info and run down how the map works.https://www.forgehub.com/maps/titan.4340/#post-1670612

"Ever since Halo 3, warming up has been a bit lack luster. A few members from the community have Octagon gametypes, but the gametypes have missed the mark with so many players. Yeah you could claim the top spot by 'spawn trapping' your opponent over and over, but what does that really accomplish? Is there any fame or glory behind this? Not that I was ever salty over losing a 20 minute 1v1 Octagon battle, but after the match was over I was spent. I actually felt worse going into a match more than I would if I went in cold. When Halo Reach forge was supplied I tried to eliminate Octagon for good, but failed miserably.

Now that we have a robust forge in Halo 5, I wanted to revisit the Octagon gametype to find a true warm up replacement. And a 10 minute or more, scenario based, warm up gametype has finally been achieved. With the help from my teammates on Creative Force, we have created a gametype that is not only fun to play, but it will have you wanting to jump right back in for a rematch.

We have decided to call this gametype Fury. Fury is a multi-round scenario based game, intended for the players who want a quick 10 min plus warmup game. Fury is, well, different. For two minutes, you play one round in a room filled with various height variations, line of sight blockers, standard weapons and everything else that you would expect in a normal map. This room can support both 1v1 and 2v2 gameplay. The team with the most kills wins the round. After the round is complete however, you are spawned into a new room with different height variations, routes, and weapons. Giving you the chance to win the next round, after losing the last. This goes on until one team reaches 5 wins. Sounds different, right?"

I hope you guys enjoy it!
(Download links)
Gametype Fury:https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/game-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=Nitroo
Map Titan:https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=Modified&page=1&gamertag=Nitroo

Thats really cool.

Yeah the frame rate on forge maps is really frustrating, I know it would be a step backwards but I wish they would just nerf forge to make it solid again.
Frame rate was a priority once.

Ade

Which event were you at?

It also has a totally different name plate section.

EU finals in Leicester, was a great time. I think you were there too, but I was reserved about hunting you down!

The name plate section is pretty cool, certainly my favourite emblem

Just got done playing with 3 buds and I no longer dislike Halo 5. We were wrecking house and having a great time in Team Arena. Still a weekend off from Halo and Xbox in general is probably a good idea. Hope y'all have a great Christmas/holiday.

Just got done playing with 3 buds and I no longer dislike Halo 5. We were wrecking house and having a great time in Team Arena. Still a weekend off from Halo and Xbox in general is probably a good idea. Hope y'all have a great Christmas/holiday.

Halo in a group is always better. Enjoy your Christmas/holiday dude.

Fuchsdh

Halo in a group is always better. Enjoy your Christmas/holiday dude.

Yep. I feel bad for people who can't or don't have a group to play Halo with, because it's always going to be way more fun. Even if you're getting stomped you at least have friends to bitch about it with :)

FUDcast-CoverMini.png

Anyhow, apropos of nothing, Forward Unto Dawn has a new episode out now, a year-in-review talk about Halo in 2016, our hopes for the future, and a promising Hellboy X Halo crossover event. You can listen and subscribe via iTunes here, with other listening options at forwarduntodawn.com/fudcast20, or you can watch and subscribe via the Youtube link below. Cheers!

https://youtu.be/FLQ0iALoqTw

Top Bottom