• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Detective

That's crazy. I've had like 1 or 2 since the latest update. Used to get multiples every day.

4 times today under 2-3 hours, my friend at 7 as said, and two times 3 of us at the same time. It's so amazing that they still haven't fixed it, but I say keep it up. That's how you gather more players.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Wow, having possibly the hardest time ever finding a match in proving grounds. Never had prolonged chronic issues like this beforr

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
God damn, every game I get is against a to4 and at least 1 teammate quits within a minute. Brutal

Like, how is an entire team this incredibly useless?

bFg6tH4.jpg

Trup1aya

Just noticed Assassinations have moved up to 2nd on the list. Thank you based proving Grounds.

I've been trying my best to get buckle ups, but I either choke the shots or don't get the opportunities in my Warzone games. I think I got one in my last 10 Warzone games. I usually just end up sniping marines as they spawn.

Nope :(

Neither do Warthog/Scorpion/Wraith Turret kills.

Only ghosts, gungeese, tank primary cannons, or mantis kills work

Essentially the kill only counts towards whatever the killfeed shows. So if the splatter emblem is in the killfeed, it only counts towards splatters even though the stat for "tool of destruction" will still count warthog. Zero warthog kills count towards ground vehicle kills commendations for achilles (since neither splatters nor turret kills show as warthog in the killfeed).

Facing the same teams of 4, quitters are frequent, playing against people in Proving Grounds who are Champs in other playlists.. This is some S T E L L A R matchmaking brehs. Top notch.

Sarcasm aside, what I find interesting is how Champ players are Platinums in Proving Grounds. Is that playlist skewed differently?

Facing the same teams of 4, quitters are frequent, playing against people in Proving Grounds who are Champs in other playlists.. This is some S T E L L A R matchmaking brehs. Top notch.

Sarcasm aside, what I find interesting is how Champ players are Platinums in Proving Grounds. Is that playlist skewed differently?

Maybe they're just having trouble adaption.jpg-ing to the new motion tracker.

Trup1aya

I don't think it's skewed differently, the playlist just had to start from scratch as far as figuring out CSRs since there is no previous month to base things off of. It's essentially the Wild West right now.

Not only that but higher skill players are probably going to make up the majority of people interested in this new radar- which will curve ranks downward.

Fuchsdh

Just noticed Assassinations have moved up to 2nd on the list. Thank you based proving Grounds.

I've been trying my best to get buckle ups, but I either choke the shots or don't get the opportunities in my Warzone games. I think I got one in my last 10 Warzone games. I usually just end up sniping marines as they spawn.
Yeah my luck is usually i get to REQ lvl 6 and spawn in a sniper, get killed by something dumb, and *then* the Wasp or guy in a gungoose trundles by while some other ally has taken my call-in.

If I get one a day I feel like I accomplished something. Probably easier to get it in BTB but sticking to Warzone since I can work on marines and vehicles at the same time.

Karl2177

I honestly feel like since Menke returned, matchmaking has been shit. I either get matched against people who are way worse than me or teams that are way better than me. It doesn't feel like there's a whole lot of in between.

I also haven't been able to find anything in MCC today. Tried searching Team Slayer, BTB, Halo 3, and Halo 2. Got exactly 0 matches. Last night I was able to get 3 matches and then got stuck in the infinite Players Found--Restarting Search loop. Then it crashed playing co-op on Delta Halo.

Essentially my Halo experience the past few days has left me with a real sour taste in my mouth and I'm not sure how much more I want to put up with it.

I honestly feel like since Menke returned, matchmaking has been shit. I either get matched against people who are way worse than me or teams that are way better than me. It doesn't feel like there's a whole lot of in between.

I also haven't been able to find anything in MCC today. Tried searching Team Slayer, BTB, Halo 3, and Halo 2. Got exactly 0 matches. Last night I was able to get 3 matches and then got stuck in the infinite Players Found--Restarting Search loop. Then it crashed playing co-op on Delta Halo.

Essentially my Halo experience the past few days has left me with a real sour taste in my mouth and I'm not sure how much more I want to put up with it.

Combination of awful population numbers, new playlist so ranks are screwed and Josh menke refusing to add party matching and taking his time with whatever changes he's doing. Halotrackers population counter didnt reset for this new season so idk the numbers but I bet it is awful.

At this point I'm biding my time waiting for Destiny 2+rdr 2 and we will see how the h6 beta goes. There has to be 10 people working on H5 right now.

mo60

I don't think it's skewed differently, the playlist just had to start from scratch as far as figuring out CSRs since there is no previous month to base things off of. It's essentially the Wild West right now.

Not only that but higher skill players are probably going to make up the majority of people interested in this new radar- which will curve ranks downward.
The odd thing is that my rank is way higher then it should be in that playlist unlike some champ level players.I am ranked plat 2 in that playlist.

Trup1aya

Combination of awful population numbers, new playlist so ranks are screwed and Josh menke refusing to add party matching and taking his time with whatever changes he's doing. Halotrackers population counter didnt reset for this new season so idk the numbers but I bet it is awful.

At this point I'm biding my time waiting for Destiny 2+rdr 2 and we will see how the h6 beta goes. There has to be 10 people working on H5 right now.

Menke really hasn't change anything yet except increase the CSR it takes to get into Onyx.

the way he intends to address the party matching issue should handle the party issue in theory. Since it boosts the effective MMR of people playing in groups, the opponents will either be a group that's also getting its MMR boosted, or soloqers skilled enough to cancel out the groups advantage.

At this stage in the game, I bet the population is far too low for strict party matching to actually work. That's something that needs to be in at launch. This solution seems like the only way for groups to get decent matches in a decent time frame.

The odd thing is that my rank is way higher then it should be in that playlist unlike some champ level players.I am ranked plat 2 in that playlist.

Yeah it really has no idea where to put people. Like if your placement matches were against people who were ranked (too) high, you'll get high. If they were against unranked players (like mine was) you'll get ranked low. I bet the system will be far more accurate after a reset if the playlist lasts that long.

This is probably old news, but I was browsing artstation and found concepts from a unreleased Narrows remake in Halo 4.

Narrows (a HALO 3 favourite) reimagined for an unfortunately unrealized HALO 4 multiplayer DLC.

There's concept art for another map there, which kinda reminds me of a UNSC Guardian remake.

I'm tired of UNSC maps, but it would be cool to see Narrows come back in Halo 5 - though the mancanon platforms would have to be further from the center bridge so people don't use thrust or groundpound to break the flow of the map.

wwm0nkey

I want them to mostly ditch the UNSC aesthetic for Halo 6, or at least don't fucking use it for every other map, Halo 1 - 3 had an amazing diversity in the art for the maps and I want to see that come back

Madness

I want them to mostly ditch the UNSC aesthetic for Halo 6, or at least don't fucking use it for every other map, Halo 1 - 3 had an amazing diversity in the art for the maps and I want to see that come back

Or get rid of their one color to rule them all mentality when it comes to the art design. I have droned on this enough, but I want a complete 180 from what they've done for H4, H2A and H5 in terms of multiplayer design and aesthetics.

They just need to stop putting the UNSC logo on everything UNSC.
f3c.gif

More aesthetic variety would be nice though, thee weren't nearly enough Covenant and Forerunner themed maps.

The biggest issue is they ditched variety in UNSC aesthetic and it's the same look OVER AND OVER AND OVER again.

Go back to the variety from Halo 1-3.

But yeah, also embrace non UNSC diversity, please. Also, diversify the map playstyle - the Halo 5 maps are wee bit repetitive.

wwm0nkey

I think most people just agree all the UNSC maps have a VERY boring art design. Like where is our elongation styled UNSC map? I really loved the space station aesthetic of that map.

Honestly their Forerunner maps hit the same issue, go back to the forerunner ruins style for some of the maps for the love of god, no one likes the see the same design over and over and over. I looked great in H2A!

Makes sense. Thought they might've been testing the new system/changes, but figured it was probably this.
I think most people just agree all the UNSC maps have a VERY boring art design. Like where is our elongation styled UNSC map? I really loved the space station aesthetic of that map.

Honestly their Forerunner maps hit the same issue, go back to the forerunner ruins style for some of the maps for the love of god, no one likes the see the same design over and over and over. I looked great in H2A!
Personally, I don't really like the ruins that much. Too many years of browns, mud and rocks for me to prefer them going forward. Maybe for a map or two as a central theme, but Halo 2's Forerunner architecture was probably my least favorite in the series. That being said, I don't really like the shiny metals of 343's Forerunner architecture either lol.

Halo Wars Forerunners >

Madness

Halo 3 Forerunners goat. Always loved the non-aluminum shiny Forerunner structures and things we got in maps like Valhalla or Guardian etc. Seemed old, futuristic, ravaged by time but still functional etc.

Cranster

Banned
I think the main issue with UNSC/Human themed maps in Halo 4 and 5 is it's just too visually cluttered. Bungie's human themed maps atleast in Halo 2 were more visually simplistic and it works better that way.

latest

I think the main issue with UNSC/Human themed maps in Halo 4 and 5 is it's just too visually cluttered. Bungie's human themed maps atleast in Halo 2 were more visually simplistic and it works better that way.

latest

I can agree with this. All of the city maps have clutter and junk. It makes sense for Warzone, what with it being a large scale battlefield, but it's visually unappealing.

Trup1aya

latest

Yeah it's not just the visual clutter. It's geometrically cluttered as well, a bunch of lips and dips a protrusions to get stuck on mid-strafe.

I wish they'd learn to do more with less.

Yeah it's not just the visual clutter. It's geometrically cluttered as well, a bunch of lips and dips a protrusions to get stuck on mid-strafe.

I wish they'd learn to do more with less.
That's one of my biggest gripes with Halo maps post Halo 2. It's beyond annoying when you're trying to get away or bank grenades, but you're constantly hitting some piece of geometry to mess everything up. Why is this still the case??

Madness

That's one of my biggest gripes with Halo maps post Halo 2. It's beyond annoying when you're trying to get away or bank grenades, but you're constantly hitting some piece of geometry to mess everything up. Why is this still the case??

Lore building. That is a UNSC model T101 Cyberdyne Systems BFG9000 crate that you got stuck on created by Misriah Armory prior to the glassing of blah blah blah.

Top Bottom