• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

belushy

Banned
Does MS still have the license?

If so they totally should! With cross-play too

I don't think they do, actually. Honestly though, I think using the Shadowrun ip for the game was a big misstep. It had a lot of hate right off the bat due to it not being an RPG.

If someone at Xbox was to remake/reimagine it, I'd want them to just make up a new story and IP with it but keep the gameplay mechanics practically the same, just with more maps.

Trup1aya

I would be okay with this as well. It will always be a what if, but I'd love to know if an old style halo game could become a huge success again. So many people act like it's not possible but I disagree.

I imagine if H4 would have been more like H3 mechanically, and Spec Ops had actually been a PvE revolution before Destiny, Halo would still be huge.

Trup1aya

I don't think a classic style Halo would be any more or any less successful than new Halo.

Going back to the old style isn't an insta-fix-all...

But the market seems to have greatly preferred the old halo... shrugs...

Shame that we haven't atleast tested the water in the last 10 years and people just assume Halo was destined for mediocrity regardless.

FyreWulff

I don't think they do, actually. Honestly though, I think using the Shadowrun ip for the game was a big misstep. It had a lot of hate right off the bat due to it not being an RPG.

If someone at Xbox was to remake/reimagine it, I'd want them to just make up a new story and IP with it but keep the gameplay mechanics practically the same, just with more maps.

they still have it. the new Shadowrun game is using the license courtesy Microsoft, MS is just 100% hands off from Harebrained (from what we know)

i was thinking, since game releases are a new animal vs 5 years ago, a release in the Spring could be beneficial. You get the day 1 adopters, then the people who want to play something over the summer. then, in time for the holiday the dev team can have a really nice update to regenerate some hype on new things a player can do in their game. Holiday releases dont really do much anymore since there is never a supply limit anymore. Also to the fact there other juggernaughts are released during the holiday window that overshadow a lot of other games

So... if i hear a delay some time in the road for Halo 6 - i'd be okay with it. I know it wont happen, but just voicing what i'd like moving forward. Give more time to the development team to really make this package glow

TCKaos

bd9hz7C.gif

Whoops.

Do we know for sure that 343's main announcement at E3 will be about HW2? Pretty much agree that it's only going to appeal to a small group of people and generate very little in the way of any buzz.

Just got matched up against a full team of platinums and I was playing solo, my team was 3 plats and a gold. Then it tried to match me up against the same team and I dashboarded before the game started the MM can be utter garbage.

Probably my worst experience of Halo 5 tonight. Pick from the lag, teammates betraying for weapons and/or no reason in HCS and teammates sending "You suck" messages in the middle of a game in which we were winning. It was a weird night. Will probably take a break for a while, I can't stand the lag.

m23

Do we know for sure that 343's main announcement at E3 will be about HW2? Pretty much agree that it's only going to appeal to a small group of people and generate very little in the way of any buzz.

I don't think 343 will show up just to announce an expansion. I believe they will have something to show at e3 besides dlc or Halo 6.

I don't think 343 will show up just to announce an expansion. I believe they will have something to show at e3 besides dlc or Halo 6.

They showed up at e3 a few years back just to show warzone was coming. Dont get your hopes up, im not expecting anything halo MCC or even H5. At best, theyll mention that they game is updated for Scorpio. And thats the best possible scenario i can even imagine.

jem0208

They showed up at e3 a few years back just to show warzone was coming. Dont get your hopes up, im not expecting anything halo MCC or even H5. At best, theyll mention that they game is updated for Scorpio. And thats the best possible scenario i can even imagine.

Lol, "just to show warzone".

They showed what was essentially the flagship new feature for their soon to be released game.

That's a hell of a lot bigger than an expansion for Halo Wars 2, a title which will have been out for 5 months already.

Lol, "just to show warzone".

They showed what was essentially the flagship new feature for their soon to be released game.

That's a hell of a lot bigger than an expansion for Halo Wars 2, a title which will have been out for 5 months already.

Warzone fightfight i meant. The game was out already when they showed warzone firefight was coming at e3.

I wish for a great experience with Halo and Scorpio this year, ideally with Scorpio's launch and delivering an Aussie population for a couple of months so I can play a variety of playlists.

jem0208

So pro league starts today! Buuuuuut I've got my final exam of the year tomorrow so I can't watch any of it... :'(

That said, I was thinking of making a thread on gaming side for the whole 8 weeks to consolidate discussion and keep the OT from getting too cluttered. Might get a few more people to watch as well.

Akai__

I'm still betting on a Halo 5 Scorpio patch

It's pretty reasonable to expect this, since we got that 4K treatment on PC. Even if it's not coming, it's more reasonable than a fixed MCC + PC Port + Reach @1080p/60FPS, H3A or even 343i working on Scalebound or a new IP. lol

I think whatever the "little something" is, several people will be disappointed, because it's not what they thought it would be.

I'm probably late on this but I just found out you can play Warzone maps in customs.

Yeah, ever since people got their hands on standard Xbox One Devkits (due to them being exchanged by Scorpio Devkits), you have stuff like Warzone Maps in Custom Games or people like Gamecheat doing a simplified version of AI Battles in the Halo 5 campaign.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
So pro league starts today! Buuuuuut I've got my final exam of the year tomorrow so I can't watch any of it... :'(

That said, I was thinking of making a thread on gaming side for the whole 8 weeks to consolidate discussion and keep the OT from getting too cluttered. Might get a few more people to watch as well.

Go for it

Fuchsdh

funny you mention it, a good buddy of mine sent me that just the other day
(hyper bromance lookin after me cause recovering from minor surgery)

kzItFYX.jpg

very cool, sticks via magnet, real nice quality

low-key bragging about how clean your entertainment setup is, I get it.

Smokey

Did sound get improved?

Maybe it's because I haven't played in a while, but I feel like something has gotten better, namely the sound of footsteps.

So Halo5 is in Xbox game pass.

RIP to anyone who wants to test it out and gets hit with the mean 100gig download.

For me it's let me leave the disc out of my system for once, at least while the trial is going on.

Was thinking about redownloading either H5 or TMCC. What are the file sizes currently at for each? I might wait until the 31st, and start downloading so the data gets split between 2 months lol. Im not sure what my data cap is.

Well looks like gaming side wasn't too interested in it. But you guys should watch the Installation 01 Cinematic, its pretty good.

Yeah I'm really excited for it. Hope it turns out to be a simple, polished, experience. Looks like they have a lot of core things down.

Was thinking about redownloading either H5 or TMCC. What are the file sizes currently at for each? I might wait until the 31st, and start downloading so the data gets split between 2 months lol. Im not sure what my data cap is.

TMCC is around 65GB, while Halo 5 is in the mid 90's right now I think.

Did sound get improved?

Maybe it's because I haven't played in a while, but I feel like something has gotten better, namely the sound of footsteps.

For me it's let me leave the disc out of my system for once, at least while the trial is going on.

Yeah, they patched the sound of footsteps recently. i forget which ones but i remember them mentioning it.

funny you mention it, a good buddy of mine sent me that just the other day
(hyper bromance lookin after me cause recovering from minor surgery)

kzItFYX.jpg

very cool, sticks via magnet, real nice quality

That is crazy! yeah it looks like some very good quality prints to have. And i agree, the magnet mounting capability is really awesome.

Well looks like gaming side wasn't too interested in it. But you guys should watch the Installation 01 Cinematic, its pretty good.

I really like the color and res of the characters. Nice fan job on this. Animation on reloads were slick. Animations on explosions/particles, not really there. but i enjoyed it.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Day off work, chilling with my 10mo at sierra nevada brewery rocking my blue team hcs shirt, excited for pro league tonight. Jem, where the fuck that thread!?

jem0208

Day off work, chilling with my 10mo at sierra nevada brewery rocking my blue team hcs shirt, excited for pro league tonight. Jem, where the fuck that thread!?
Work has kinda taken priority today. I'm basically learning an entire maths module in one day.

I'll have a break in a bit and whip a thread together. It won't look that pretty but I'll make it look better tomorrow after my exam.

Top Bottom