• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians revealed - more at E3 - Fall 2015 [Box Art person is new guy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that Frankie was being cheeky as usual. Is that supposed to be Chief's new, non-UNSC armor?

Either way, I hope the poncho is available to wear in multiplayer.

jelly

I like the first bit you wrote...but the above I'm just not buying till I see it..

Does the weather go away if I'm not connected to the internet or not an XBL Gold member?

Me neither, believe it when I see it.

In reality perhaps toned down would be the solution and only in online modes. The cloud only amplifies the effect.

eso76

Why is MS giving these info's before E3 ?

Like what I see on the boxart, and I mean the little scenery there is. 2 playable characters it seems ?

Not sure 60fps was the right choice though

pieface

To be honest, I haven't really enjoyed a Halo game since Halo3. I thought Halo Reach and Halo ODST and (or whatever it was called) Halo4 were pretty bad. Really hoping they do something great with a next-gen engine.

I'd like to see some gametypes with HUGE maps and 64players, with lots of vehicles (like BF).
But also some decent small close combat maps with a lot of vertical space (like Titanfall)
If they could achieve that but put the Halo feel on it I think it could be a cracking game.

In multiplayer they should also have two modes,

Halo Guardians Multiplayer
Halo Classic Multiplayer

The Guardian Multiplayer should be in a similar mold to COD/BF where you rank up and unlock weapons as you gain more "XP". Start with a loadout which can be customized.
The Halo Classic Multiplayer should be as it is on the older Halo's where everyone starts with the same gun, there's power weapons all over the maps and you have to run to them to get them. No loudouts, no jetpacks or any of that stuff. Just Halo the way it used to be.

That would be an awesome game!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
lovely art, lovely message. really excited for halo 5 even if i've come to the realization that halo 4 was lacking.

Metfanant

But why release it before E3? Are they not doing a conference this year or something? We already know about the $100 less Xbox One with no Kinect.
Why not? They showed Halo at LAST YEAR'S E3...we knew this game was coming...

And sane people knew it was coming in 2015...would you really have been shocked when they showed Halo on stage this year? I hope not...

They get the boring info out of the way (name, 2015) and they will show us something (trailer) at e3

To be honest, I haven't really enjoyed a Halo game since Halo3. I thought Halo Reach and Halo ODST and (or whatever it was called) Halo4 were pretty bad. Really hoping they do something great with a next-gen engine.

I'd like to see some gametypes with HUGE maps and 64players, with lots of vehicles (like BF).
But also some decent small close combat maps with a lot of vertical space (like Titanfall)
If they could achieve that but put the Halo feel on it I think it could be a cracking game.

Halo Classic Multiplayer

The Guardian Multiplayer should be in a similar mold to COD/BF where you rank up and unlock weapons as you gain more "XP". Start with a loadout which can be customized.
The Halo Classic Multiplayer should be as it is on the older Halo's where everyone starts with the same gun, there's power weapons all over the maps and you have to run to them to get them. No loudouts, no jetpacks or any of that stuff. Just Halo the way it used to be.

I thought they did this in Halo 4 and the "classic" modes were dead from release. Its either one or the other.

How much longer will we have to wait for in-game footage or at least a trailer?

E3 is around the corner. I imagine they'll wait until then.

It would be pretty cool if the other SPARTAN happens to be the player -- sort of like Halo: Reach. It would be interesting if the campaign was split between two SPARTANs: Master Chief and the player's SPARTAN. I really like that Reach features your customized player model during the campaign. I've wanted that feature to return since seeing it.

Briarios

Didn't we already know Halo 5 was next year? I'm not sure what the big news here is other than the name ... The release pretty much said nothing. Are they really hanging their hopes on something releasing a year & a half from now? I'd be focusing a lot more on this year.

Metfanant

ONI =/= UNSC. Both are organizations that operate under the UEG.

ONI_Seal_1.png

I wonder what the likelihood of Halo 5 requiring a constant internet connection since there's been mention of it being cloud powered (Bonnie Ross E3 2013).

I wouldn't be surprised if this was always online, which I would be ok with.

Halo Classic Multiplayer

Halo battlefield hybrid with destructible environments... Best game ever

Alright, this sounds really cool. I may have to pick up an Xbox just for this game. I didn't like any other Halo game after #1, but this sounds bad ass.

But why release it before E3? Are they not doing a conference this year or something? We already know about the $100 less Xbox One with no Kinect.

If they are announcing this a new Halo and a price drop before E3 and are claiming to have a massive E3, I think that bodes well for us. Traditionally those would have been the highlights of a MS E3. They have to have a packed E3.

EL CUCO

Oh, good. For some reason I was thinking that it was "the guardian."

That would've been weird.

Actually, "Guardians" are what players in Destiny are referred as.

The Guardians are the player characters of Destiny. They are a standing army of specialized soldiers tasked with the defense of the last city on Earth.

styl3s

Depending on what they show at E3 i will buy a X1 June 9th.

Halo is one of my favorite franchises and i am not speaking in just terms of games i mean i have all the books and comics, i was super invested in that world till 4 rolled around. Button pushing simulator aside i found the entire story to be extremely boring and not very interesting. I actually enjoyed O.D.S.T far more (in terms of character, setting and story beats) I just hope 5 ends up better because Halo is a game that will make me spend $400+ on a console. I bought an original xbox just for halo and a 360 just for halo 3. Yeah, other awesome games came out but Halo was that push.

Please don't fuck it up 343.

Flipyap

It can't be Palmer. She is just a shitty character. Tried even to kill the mother of Masterchief.
None of that matters. The vast majority of their audience knows her as the background character who appeared for up to a minute in a couple of cutscenes (that is, assuming they even managed to remember her in the first place), and the few who played through/watched Spartan Ops probably know Halsey as "that eggheaded terrorist lady".
I don't think there's anything stopping her from becoming a protagonist in a numbered Halo. It might even expand the audience, because Jennifer Hale's go-to space marine voice makes the premise sound like the return of female Shepard.

Raide

Damn, thats ages away.

All I want from Halo 5 is for 343i to take Forge seriously and make it amazing. Halo 4's Forge was Certain Affinity in super lazy mode. Super basic changes and nothing the Forge community actually gave a damn about.

Come on 343i. Give ForgeGAF and the other communities some really good tools to make some amazing content.

pieface

Halo battlefield hybrid with destructible environments... Best game ever

Yeah that would be pretty awesome.

But they should take it one step further and have dynamic weather in the maps and day/night cycles.

Part of me thinks that would be a really good idea, but then part of me thinks they should just stick to the classic Halo feel.

But something has to give I guess, FPS games have moved on since Halo3, and Halo never really did.

TheOddOne

All of that biography happened in Halo 4?!? Is like 75% through the game and I don't remember even meeting her.
[spoilers]
So in the Spartan Ops campaign they throw the planet Halo 4 takes place, Requiem, into the sun. Spartan Ops was boring— the second half being much better though— but the CGI videos were nice and best to only look at them if you want to get up to date on what is going on.

Lakitu

st5fu
Plenty of time for me to get an Xbox One, hopefully the game is ambitious as they say. Halo 4 was much too linear and lacked the scope of the previous titles. It felt more like Halo 2, but I enjoyed Halo 2 more.

I do hope they remaster Reach along with the others too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom