• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians revealed - more at E3 - Fall 2015 [Box Art person is new guy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metfanant

LOL
I tried but couldn't get it to work at that time :p

So we only played system links and split screen VS.

We played for hours and hours every day. Was lots of fun.
Oh maaaaaannnn XBConnect was the shizz back in the CE days...

So many memories and friendships formed with that..

DanSaxon

iAkRyseHdBPO9.jpg

Looks like a crouched creature/statue/carving with a blade/spiked weapon coming from one of the folded arms.

It looks like a Brute ?

Wynnebeck

Banned
Is it just me or is anyone else not excited about this? They got me for Halo 4, but this time I feel like President Bush:

There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again.

Loakum

Banned
I'm kind of surprised they would play their Ace card so soon. Before E3 even. This and the kinectless Xbox Ones should sell a lot of Xbones!

Not Palmer? Series redeemed.

Having a character hunt the Master Chief would be interesting, if that's what the cover implies. Just make it an actual character.

Could be, it's definitely got the Space Orient look for it.

At the end of Halo 3, Thel 'Vadam, Rtas 'Vadum, and the crew of the Assault carrier Shadow of Intent depart Earth bound for Sanghelios to check if it is safe. The Arbiter assures Rtas 'Vadum that they have made it safe. However some of the Sangheili weren't ready to follow the Arbiter, and a civil war soon erupted and ended with the "Storm" Covenant withdrawing from Sanghelios.

could we see the arbiter again? D:

Xbudz

bl68Pu.jpg

I added a bit more to the bottom of that image so Master Chief's head doesn't get cut off by the taskbar when using it as a desktop background.

Begaria

Heh, random subtitle! The first game had a subtitle, Halo 2/3/4 did not, then five games into the main series it comes back again. Reminds me of the Rambo series.

I really hope the mystery Spartan is one of MC's old team. For me, this is a great cover that adds some mystery back to the franchise (especially if you've read all the books too) and much better than just having MC on the cover. Can't wait for The Arbiter and The Flood to show up!

Madness

It's not Palmer and it is not a girl.

It's Chief with Cortana in the visor isn't it? Complete with his new Librarian midichlorian powers. Or it's a Noble Six situation and we are the Spartan. But by saying it's not a girl, that means it can't be that either.

Either a new Spartan or Chief in a new suit. Either way, pretty big gamble leaving the Mjolnir/Green look behind in a sense.

RdN

Hype!

O belive that the character is Master Chief in a new armor, and the old Mark VI being a reflection.

Can't wait for more!

Mayyhem

I can honestly say I will personally be shocked to my core if I find out they aren't bringing back a ranking system.

Come on... it worked, it was fun, it kept us playing longer, it kept us wanting to get better. The only negative was people "trying" to cheat (which wasn't that big of a case in Halo 3) and maybe some nerds boosting or leveling accounts for money. I can't imagine that being such a deal breaker that you decide to forever take out any type of good ranking system.

It's time to move away from EXP

mcrommert

Banned
Would be awesome if it was Master Chief's new forerunner based suit and he gained more speed and strength...and multiplayer was balanced using the new and the old

#BringBackFirefight

Who's with me?
As long as it's not the FRG-fest that Reach's main offerings turned into, I'm completely with you.

It's not Palmer and it is not a girl.
ehrmagerd, so it's a clone of John?? From the far reaches of my butt: ONI started working on a Chief clone when they thought he was originally lost after Halo 3. Now that OGMC's gone full poncho to find Cortana, clOneOneSeven is sent to kill Chief (there can be only one), retrieve Cortana if possible, and complete the allegory of 343's takeover of the franchise.

That top character being Cortana makes a lot of sense. I feel like that blue light beaming out of the helmet is just screaming "yup, I'm her"

At the beginning of Halo 4 wasn't an ONI officer essentially trying to figure out how to create another master chief? Bonding a Cortana AI to a suit, fullmetal alchemist style, might be what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom