• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians revealed - more at E3 - Fall 2015 [Box Art person is new guy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Except you know the one last year where they only showed game after game.

Man you guys have an incredible short term memory.

The games part was awesome, but it was overshadowed by the DRM, etc. issues. Before that, though, I gather very few people liked MS' Kinect-heavy E3 pressers the past what? 2-3 years?

And er, don't label anyone on GAF as a collective (hive mind), from what I remember, that's a ban-nable offense.

I'm guessing the "more at E3" is a gameplay trailer and announcement of a Halo 5 beta alongside H2A

Why should they be worried?...Everyone knows Halo 5 exists. They only have 90 minutes for their conference since it's being televised on Spike. Sony has more than 3 hours since it'll be streamed.

Microsoft will most likely have announcements and trailers, gameplay demos (CoD, Quantum Break, Halo 5, etc.). A lot of that eats up into 90 minutes easily.

They should be worried because even though the PS4 is outselling the X1, there is no debate that the Xbox already has better exclusive games on the market and more of them. Now, we have a pissed-off Microsoft coming into E3, a price drop, policy changes and who knows what else, and Sony hasn't been saying anything.

They took forever to get a firmware update out, there's almost no hype for The Order, and it seems like aside from Druve Club, they have no big AAA exclusive planned for late 2014. Chances are any big news that comes from them @E3 won't see a release until 2015, and I'm CONSTANTLY hearing PS4 owners complain about the focus on indie titles, in real life. One of my friends even said if they spend 20 minutes onstage @E3 talking about abstract platformers and puzzle games, he's getting rid of the system because "I didn't spend $400 to play something that could run on my phone".

I know a lot of dissatisfied PS4 owners in my daily life, and Sony needs to appease those people and announce more than just a new GoW or Uncharted. They're in 1st place, so they need to act like it. I want to buy a PS4 myself, but right now its a wasteland and I can't justify it.

They should be worried because even though the PS4 is outselling the X1, there is no debate that the Xbox already has better exclusive games on the market and more of them. Now, we have a pissed-off Microsoft coming into E3, a price drop, policy changes and who knows what else, and Sony hasn't been saying anything.

They took forever to get a firmware update out, there's almost no hype for The Order, and it seems like aside from Druve Club, they have no big AAA exclusive planned for late 2014. Chances are any big news that comes from them @E3 won't see a release until 2015, and I'm CONSTANTLY hearing PS4 owners complain about the focus on indie titles, in real life. One of my friends even said if they spend 20 minutes onstage @E3 talking about abstract platformers and puzzle games, he's getting rid of the system because "I didn't spend $400 to play something that could run on my phone".

I know a lot of dissatisfied PS4 owners in my daily life, and Sony needs to appease those people and announce more than just a new GoW or Uncharted. They're in 1st place, so they need to act like it. I want to buy a PS4 myself, but right now its a wasteland and I can't justify it.
Sony is being televised as well last I heard.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I hope this game is good but I'll wait until I see MP. Not a fan of the subtitle but I like the art. Also this pr:

“Halo 5: Guardians” is a bigger effort than “Halo 4.” That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what’s now a brand new and more powerful engine. Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we’ve invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One’s hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen.

Kind of worries me.

SykoTech

Microsoft pulling a Sony this year?

First the Kinect-less SKU and now the reveal of their biggest franchise, both less than a month from E3. Sunset Overdrive also had a media blowout very recently.

Makes me curious about what surprises they're saving for the actual show...

Are you serious? The whole PS has no games things is ridiculous, if anyone's going to deliver on the games it'd Sony, so why even worry. As for the rest of your statements it lately up to opinion, not fact. The only fact there is is that the PS4 is easily outselling the X1, which indicates the public wants it.

The big AAA exclusive they'll have for 2014 will be the Order which I'm personally hyped for and which will no doubt get more attention as we move forward. Outside of that the big sellers will be the same as always, CoD, BF, AC, etc, all of which will be better on PS4.

Yoday

You act like all of these indies are replacing other releases. If the PS4 is a wasteland, then what is the XB1?

Magwik

Banned
It’s a game that will hopefully demonstrate the talent, learnings and abilities of the 343 Industries team. A game that will incorporate the things we learned from “Halo 4” about technology, aesthetics, performance and scale – and perhaps more importantly, understanding and embracing a community of gamers who love what lies at the heart of this game, and the limitless potential of the “Halo” universe.
B922I.gif

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
I hope this game is good but I'll wait until I see MP. Not a fan of the subtitle but I like the art. Also this pr:

Kind of worries me.

Yea won't lie it does me too but we all knew this day was coming. The old engine could only go so far. Eventually they would have to make a new engine. I think 343 though does have the talent and thanks to what they've learned by working with the previous engine, I think their engine will be ok.

Wizman23

Banned
Hopefully not, taken a lot of the wind out of their conference unless they have something bigger to show than Halo and the price cut plus Paywalls removal.

They're obviously going to show another Forza, some Halo for this years, tease Gears, gameplay of SO, and maybe QB. There's also Fable. They'll probably also show CoD, maybe the new BF and the Division.

I'm starting to feel their E3 is going to be rather boring but I'm waiting for then go prove me wrong

I am SHOCKED that you of all people would think the MS E3 would be boring. Your post history is a goldmine.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
They should be worried because even though the PS4 is outselling the X1, there is no debate that the Xbox already has better exclusive games on the market and more of them.

Just because you say so doesn't mean it is true. It is a debatable subject.

Yoday

MS is getting me very hyped. E3 should be epic if MS is dropping bombs before it.
Am I missing something? All they did today was announce that the big game everyone is waiting for isn't actually coming out this year. This announcement was made so people wouldn't expect Halo 5 at E3, but something else related to Halo (obviously Anniversary).

"no debate"

giphy.gif

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I hope the multiplayer leans more toward Halo CE and Halo 2's.

Core Halo multiplayer has always been about:

- timing and controlling powerups
- timing and controlling weapons
- having a viable starting weapon(s) that will protect you from all ranges at each respawn
- arena-style FPS maps that allow for flow and less corridor-fighting/chokepoints

Since Halo 2 or 3, this core concept has completely been misguided.

TheOddOne

Yea won't lie it does me too but we all knew this day was coming. The old engine could only go so far. Eventually they would have to make a new engine. I think 343 though does have the talent and thanks to what they've learned by working with the previous engine, I think their engine will be ok.
Hopefully the engine handles outside locations better.

jem0208

Holy shit balls. The fact they are revealing this before E3 is fucking insane.

I'm so excited for E3.

Looking at this image, the BR the top spartan is holding looks a bit odd. The scope seems to be a red dot site.

Am I missing something? All they did today was announce that the big game everyone is waiting for isn't actually coming out this year. This announcement was made so people wouldn't expect Halo 5 at E3, but something else related to Halo (obviously Anniversary).

Are people not allowed to express excitement for a series they love? Just getting some concept art and an official name is enough to excite some. No need to be a negative Nancy all the time.

Omni

I want to know why the series' most iconic character is upside down on the bottom of the image.

I like the new guy's armour and all... But you just don't sideline the Chief like that

I am SHOCKED that you of all people would think the MS E3 would be boring. Your post history is a goldmine.

I could certainly be wrong (and glad that I am), I'm just keeping my expectations in check and trying to be realistic. This E3 will determine whether or not I get an X1 this year.

You act like all of these indies are replacing other releases. If the PS4 is a wasteland, then what is the XB1?

Ryse. Dead Rising 3. Killer Instinct. Plants Vs Zombies. Forza 5. Titanfall. Kinect Sports Rivals. Sunset Overdrive. Halo 2 AE. Forza Horizon 2?

Killzone. Knack. Infamous SS. Drive Club. The Order. Uncharted. TLOU Remastered.

You tell me. I'm a Playstation guy btw, but their current lineup sucks. The only thing making a PS4 purchase enticing right now for me is the price and the hope that PSNow is up and running (well) later this year like Sony says it will be. Well, that and Project Beast ;)

dlynch343

Banned
I just had a Halo 5 follower moment....

"So that’s it for now, but E3 is just around the corner. So if you bide your time and hold your breath, you won’t have to wait too long to hear about the next steps on this Great Journey."

The last level of Halo 2 is called....

The Great Journey

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sid

I'm guessing the "more at E3" is a gameplay trailer and announcement of a Halo 5 beta alongside H2A

Why should they be worried?...Everyone knows Halo 5 exists. They only have 90 minutes for their conference since it's being televised on Spike. Sony has more than 3 hours since it'll be streamed.

Microsoft will most likely have announcements and trailers, gameplay demos (CoD, Quantum Break, Halo 5, etc.). A lot of that eats up into 90 minutes easily.
Both will have a ~90 minute presser like always....

Lucian

I'm intrigued. It's not going to get me to run out and but an Xbox One but I'll be watching how Phil keeps trying to right the ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom