• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 out in the wild. Beware of leaks/spoilers.

Ein Bear

Have to say, that's some slightly crappy boxart.

It's not exactly a huge deal, but kind of a shame after Halo 4's cover was absolutely beautiful.

VariantX

Didn't people get their accounts banned for playing copies from stores that broke release date, or am I remembering it totally wrong?

Glass

I guess if this is just a retail employer taking a pic of one of many copies they got in, it's not technically in the wild yet. At least, not that we know of. It's just teetering on the edge.

Solidsoul

Banned
Can the game be leaked without getting the patch?

I've asked in so many threads where Frankie is present whether or not you can play the campaign without patches/content updates but have not received a reply.

I would really like to know.

in third pic-not in OP there is a stack of copies on the left.

looks like a games store employee playing us like a damn fiddle.

Yeah. Since he didn't open it I guess he wont. He just made a picture. So I guess he also didn't play it yet.
But since stores already get it in I don't think it will take that long. I expect the street date to be broken pretty early.

Gonna do the same thing I did with Halo 4.

The second leaks spill, I'm staying off all gaming-related websites and forums. No way am I risking getting ruined after waiting three years.

I guess if this is just a retail employer taking a pic of one of many copies they got in, it's not technically in the wild yet. At least, not that we know of. It's just teetering on the edge.
It is from retail. Pictures were posted on reddit.

Apologies for the quality - we just got our first shipment in where I work last night, and I had to sneak the photos. I can't really say where it is that I work, since it's against company policy for me to even do this sort of thing. But I figured ya'll would like to see the final product, and that it's really finished!

ryan299

Some follower of mine on live is a reviewer and told me they get the game this week. Don't know when the embargo is up though.

ElRenoRaven

That is the wild. Some retailer always breaks date or some stupid employee takes it home. I'm going dark. Screw that. I'm not getting spoiled.

I got agood laugh out of one of the Halo 4 leaked gameplay sessions. The level where Master Chief walks out (prior to getting a warthog for the 1st time) and you see this huge Forerunner structure. The fellow kept looking up at it all and then oops he fell of the ledge.

Was do funny at the time.

There seems to be like a general lack of buzz or hype for this game. I remember Halo 4 being a much bigger deal in 2012.

Is it Destiny and Battlefront stealing all the FPS thunder this year?

ryan299

There seems to be like a general lack of buzz or hype for this game. I remember Halo 4 being a much bigger deal in 2012.

I think theres a good amount of hype. We're not seeing as much here as most Halo threads seem to get derailed and locked up.

I think Halo 4 was a much bigger deal because it had been five years since Halo 3. A lot of people weren't even sure that a Halo 4 would ever be made.

So when it was unveiled and they kept pushing "The return of the Chief!", it lead to massive hype.

Spoilers: Mister Chief shoots the baddies.

Seriously people play these for the story?

Halo's lore is vast and one of the most expansive in video games, stretching across other mediums. I for one play Halo for the story, and I'm sure there are plenty others. They always deliver on that front IMO (if you're up to date with the lore, that is).

Mdot

MP is a day one DL right? I just want to see what is included map-wise and game types available. No campaign deets

The only place I read about games is neogaf so I doubt I'll get spoiled.

Not really, last time a lot of HaloGAF members gets PMs or Twitter DMs to spoil them.

MP is a day one DL right? I just want to see what is included map-wise and game types available. No campaign deets

Only some maps and REQ items, not like MCC. Gametype announcement is coming soon according to Stinkles and Josh

BahamutPT

Real question:
Could a game officially "go gold" after having already been sent to print? And this recent "gone gold" just mean the day 1 patch is also ready, even if the game is already being pressed to discs?

JackHerer

Oh yeah... So we won't even get any map info from this. Only thing that will come from leaks are campaign spoilers. I really hope i don't get spoiled this time.

Top Bottom