• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 out in the wild. Beware of leaks/spoilers.

Mdot

Oh yeah... So we won't even get any map info from this. Only thing that will come from leaks are campaign spoilers. I really hope i don't get spoiled this time.
bailout.gif

Side note: while determining if I want physical disk or digital, I decided to attempt to change my preorder to digital at GS (traded some games in so had credit). The bitch of it is that they won't give me a DL code till day of release, totally negating the pre-load process. So lame. Going to try and use the credit on something else and buy off of the marketplace.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Seriously people play these for the story?

Why is that surprising to you?

Halo's singleplayer and multiplayer are equally beloved. There's a reason why there is tons of story related media outside of the games.

Akai__

Real question:
Could a game officially "go gold" after having already been sent to print? And this recent "gone gold" just mean the day 1 patch is also ready, even if the game is already being pressed to discs?

Gone Gold means the game is ready for mass production. Day 1 patches are not included in this, because they can still be worked on.

Euron

Spoilers: Mister Chief shoots the baddies.

Guardians has easily the most interesting story in the series so far since we really don't know where 343 is taking it. They spoiled the whole Didact thing many times before release with Halo 4 so aside from the ending there wasn't really much surprise.

Einchy

Guardians has easily the most interesting story in the series so far since we really don't know where 343 is taking it. They spoiled the whole Didact thing many times before release with Halo 4 so aside from the ending there wasn't really much surprise.

You're right, I hadn't even thought about that.

All we know of the Guardians is that they're wrecking havoc in the outer colonies but that's pretty much it.

Wish I had friends who could get me games early. Earliest I ever had was getting MW2 on the friday off some guy in school who's dad owned a wholesalers.

Danny 117

We're almost two weeks into the month of release. This doesn't seem too early, and those photos look realistic to my eyes.

Yeah, too early for me when I posted that. I was in the shower thinking about it and then was like "hey, it's out in 16 days!"

:p

TheYanger

I mean...have you played the other Halo campaigns? Serious question. Yes people care about the story. The first game predated Xbox Live and aside from just college dorms people LOVED it for the campaign. Halo was one of the games that brought cinematic FPS to the forefront.

etta

my hard graphic balls

Heh.

e30202f9c3.jpg

Btw that game probably went gold way earlier and not on the day they made the announcement.

The game size was added to the Xbox live Marcetplace last week.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

I hope you read all the replies and do a bit of introspection and say to yourself, yeah that was a dumb comment.

Then this can be a learning moment rather than a dogpile.

Thanks to the mods and the community, spoilers haven't been a problem for me here. I'll have to try not to be any other message boards.

LewieP

I mean...have you played the other Halo campaigns? Serious question. Yes people care about the story. The first game predated Xbox Live and aside from just college dorms people LOVED it for the campaign. Halo was one of the games that brought cinematic FPS to the forefront.

Aye played all the previous mainline games. Not really interested in 5 since 4 was the worst Halo game, but I might eventually play it.

LewieP

I hope you read all the replies and do a bit of introspection and say to yourself, yeah that was a dumb comment.

Then this can be a learning moment rather than a dogpile.

It's entirely possible to enjoy a game for reasons other than the (in my opinion) mediocre story. Most people I know that enjoy the Halo games would not place "story" among the reasons why they like it. It is a decent dumb first person shooter about pointing your gun at aliens and then pressing the trigger, not much else substantial to it in my opinion.

The notion that many people play it primarily for the story is a bit of a surprise to me, but I can obviously accept that lots of people enjoy lots of different games for a variety of reasons.

FrsDvl

Hope i don't let myself get spoiled. One thing I loved about H4 was the story, and from what I've seen H5 is going to top that easily.

It's entirely possible to enjoy a game for reasons other than the (in my opinion) mediocre story. Most people I know that enjoy the Halo games would not place "story" among the reasons why they like it. It is a decent dumb first person shooter about pointing your gun at aliens and then pressing the trigger, not much else substantial to it in my opinion.

The notion that many people play it primarily for the story is a bit of a surprise to me, but I can obviously accept that lots of people enjoy lots of different games for a variety of reasons.

I wonder what Frank O'Connor, the franchise development director of the Halo series, would think about that statement.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

It's still a dumb shitty throwaway comment. And you're not even remotely surprised. In fact you're going on my ignore list of one person because of your identical comment in the splatter house thread.

Einchy

You could sum up any game in one sentence with generalizations like that...

Half-Life 2 st is a decent dumb first person shooter about pointing your gun at aliens and then pressing the trigger, not much else substantial to it in my opinion.

The Last of Us is a decent dumb third person shooter about pointing your gun at infected and then pressing the trigger, not much else substantial to it in my opinion.

Bioshock is a decent dumb first person shooter about pointing your gun at crackheads and then pressing the trigger, not much else substantial to it in my opinion.

Synner117

Neo Member
Since installation is required, couldn't Microsoft block access to the game if they chose to? Not sure if this is possible but it would be a great feature for Microsoft to investigate.

bailout.gif

Side note: while determining if I want physical disk or digital, I decided to attempt to change my preorder to digital at GS (traded some games in so had credit). The bitch of it is that they won't give me a DL code till day of release, totally negating the pre-load process. So lame. Going to try and use the credit on something else and buy off of the marketplace.
Have them take the store credit and turn it into Xbox credit they can do any amount now, they put a code on the receipt that when redeemed adds the funds to your Xbox account.

The Flash

Banned

Is it though? This is the fifth game in the main series which has spanned across 3 console generations. Obviously there was something that kept people coming back. There's a massive Halo lore thread for crying out loud.

Isocr4cy

I'd argue that more people buy Halo for the campaign then the multiplayer. Also if you think the story is that simple you clearly aren't paying attention to any parts of it whatsoever.

Cool. You don't find the story appealing.

We do though, so not getting spoiled is a matter of importance.

This got loose sooner than I anticipated. Guess I need to limit my internet use. You know some stupid website will post a headline to blow it all.

tqHARym.png
please log off

Top Bottom