• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Halo 5 Theme Music

Magwik

Banned
Jul 30, 2013
Detroit, MI
twitter.com
Its perfect so far

Chris Tilton

Apr 13, 2007
I'm glad Kazuma Jinnouchi took the reigns, as I enjoyed his contributions to Halo 4. Digging the 90s-ish western vibe at around 12min.

Vinc

Mar 8, 2014
NOTHING COULD HAVE MADE ME HYPED MORE THAN THIS

So damn happy, this is fucking fantastic!

M52B28

Banned
Jul 20, 2015
California
In some games, the soundtrack is just 'there', but in Halo, the soundtrack is just as much as the story.

The piano at 5:00 on the timeline.. My god..

Vinc

Mar 8, 2014
Halo 4 had a good soundtrack but really did not feel like Halo to me. This is fucking great. Feels new, retains the identity of the franchise. I fucking love it.

Lingitiz

Sep 19, 2010
abrasiontest.wordpress.com
It sounds amazing and faithful to the franchise. I quite enjoyed what they did with the OST in Halo 4, but it was missing a lot of the flavor that made Marty's scores so iconic. The mixing was also quite poor.

Sticking with Kazuma Jinnouchi as in-house composer is a really smart move. It's how Bungie did it with the original games, and it paid off.

He did a few songs, namely 117 which is my favorite track in the game.

wesleyshark

Banned
Jun 7, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Is he the composer for Halo4 as well? Because all I see while listening to the OST on Groove music is Neil Davidge.
Only one of his tracks (he wrote ten I believe) was on the original Halo 4 OST- the track "117", which, unsurprisingly, was one of the best tracks on the OST!

It sounds amazing and faithful to the franchise. I quite enjoyed what they did with the OST in Halo 4, but it was missing a lot of the flavor that made Marty's scores so iconic. The mixing was also quite poor.

Sticking with Kazuma Jinnouchi as in-house composer is a really smart move. It's how Bungie did it with the original games, and it paid off.

About 90% of Halo 4's OST was Neil Davidge. Kazuma wrote a number of pieces, but only "117" was on Vol 1 of the OST. I think the rest of his compositions were on Vol 2.

Vinc

Mar 8, 2014
Part of me really wishes it didn't get spoiled and I just heard it for the first time booting up the game, but god damn.

I have to say, I've been pretty damn impressed with pretty much everything coming out of Microsoft lately. This is great!