• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 will launch in 2014.

I think I'll be taking a break from Halo for a little while.

If it's full scale Halo 5 after 2 years, I'll just have to wait.

Halo 1 -> 2 ->3 were all 3 year life cycles. I felt that was an appropriate time to get me hyped again.

Ricky_R

Rest assured your next Halo journey WILL begin in 2014. #staycalm

TV Halo and beta for 2014 confirmed.

Wonder how much juice can 343 squeeze out of the Xbone. Halo 5 should look great.

I would put down $500 for a good next-gen Halo. But after H4...yeah, they got a LOT to prove and a hell shitload of mistakes to learn from

Grief.exe

It'll change the gameplay for sure. People are used to the way a Halo game feels. I wonder if a 60fps game will even feel like Halo. For real.

I don't think you understand what 60 FPS is.

It literally can't change the gameplay, but makes the visuals smoother.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Either hyperbole, or you incorrectly set up your Kinect. Crank the vulme up on the TV during the calibration and you will see around a 90% success rate with your voice like many others.

edit: see below if talking about just Netflix :s

Hmm? My Netflix voice commands work pretty well :/.

I was talking about Blu-rays.

GavinUK86

This new Halo is promised to run at 60fps, that's going to take some impressive engineering. Halo should be 30fps anyway, it's deviating even further away from the franchise. Some very strange decisions being made.

I..... don't... even. What the hell. Mind. Blown.

Mondy

Banned
Not even Halo could convince me to fork out 600 dollars for an Xbone. That stunt with the DRM really damaged MS image for a lot of people.

aj1467

Halo should be 30fps anyway, it's deviating even further away from the franchise. Some very strange decisions being made.

aBK6WW2_460sa.gif

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
I don't think you understand what 60 FPS is.

It literally can't change the gameplay, but makes the visuals smoother.

You can't feel the difference between 30fps and 60fps? It's not just a visual thing.

EDIT: And do you really think I don't understand what 60fps means?

Oriel

I hope this new Halo will be a return to its roots and not like 4. For once I can't say I'm all that hyped up for a new Halo title.

oVerde

Banned
If you read the books, War Sphinx are more alongside this
War_Sphinx.jpg

Than this:
Screen-shot-2013-06-10-at-2.20.33-PM.png

but 99% it IS a War Sphinx anyway

There are many many speculations on what that thing is, even some dormant medicant bias incubated machinery were brought to the table.

Xbone needs sales this year, Halo5 will provide a mega boost. It's the one thing Sony lacks, a franchise to get people queueing at midnight for.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
This new Halo is promised to run at 60fps, that's going to take some impressive engineering. Halo should be 30fps anyway, it's deviating even further away from the franchise. Some very strange decisions being made.

this is already on @NeoGAFShitPosts. impressive.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Either hyperbole, or you incorrectly set up your Kinect. Crank the vulme up on the TV during the calibration and you will see around a 90% success rate with your voice like many others.

edit: see below if talking about just Netflix :s

Hmm? My Netflix voice commands work pretty well :/.

Not hyperbole at all.

I just recalibrated it after reading this post, just to ensure it wasn't user error, being that I was surprised at how bad it was.

Still works like absolute shit.

Calibrated it at the max volume it would allow me too without saying "Your volume is too loud". Then tried playing a blu ray. Anything from a whisper to a scream does not register at my normal listening volume. Therefor in order to use voice commands, I need to either pause the movie, or lower the volume down by almost 50%. Making the voice commands all but useless.

(Same problem in games, I always have to pause before using commands like "snap" or "record that")

Not to mention every time I use the Xbox One UI while watching blu rays it drops me from 24p to 60 and back again, causing my TV to go black for several seconds each time.

It is an absolute mess.

----------------------------------------------

On topic, people saying it won't be Halo 5, it probably has something to do with it no longer being the "Reclaimer Trilogy", and now being the "Halo Saga" with an undefined amount of mainline Halo games with no "End" to the story arch in sight.

Which also has me very troubled about where halo is going. I am fine with Halo games going for as long as possible, but keep them in defined segments. I don't care if you have 10 trilogies, as long as each has a beginning, middle, and end. A story with no definition is recipe for disaster imo.

jelly

I wonder if they are doing something stupid like following the new TV series in plot and name. The typical thing that sounds amazing to Executives and PR but a cross over bloodbath in reality.

Have they said 1080p and 60fps or just the latter ?

I'm mostly worried it will mean that the fidelity of the game won't be super impressive compared to games only pushing 30 frames.
It will look far superior to Halo 4, even at 60fps. They managed to get that game looking that good on ancient hardware with severe limitations.

This will be a looker for sure.

Why on earth would you want a game to be 30 FPS???

jelly

It will look far superior to Halo 4, even at 60fps. They managed to get that game looking that good on ancient hardware with severe limitations.

This will be a looker for sure.

At a cost. Halo 4 looked nice at times but was so restricted and watered down compared to other Halo games they shouldn't have bothered going for so much eye candy and I would even argue Halo 4 isn't all that in the graphics department. If Halo Reach didn't have that horrible aliasing solution it looks better except for Halo 4 cutscenes. Gameplay first 343 Industries.

Probably full reveal at E3 and marketing push until release around October. I have yet to really enjoy a Halo game, I will keep an eye on it anyway.

Cool it's the first game on XB1 that will make me truly want the system

Probably get it a couple months before to play through DR3

Top Bottom