• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 will not be coming to PC, unlike Halo MCC.

https://barrelrolled.com/343-has-no-plans-to-include-halo-5-for-the-master-chief-collection-on-pc
343 Industries has no plans to bring Halo 5 to the lineup for The Master Chief Collection on PC.
During an Inside Xbox session, 343 was there and announced that they’ll be bringing over The Master Chief Collection to the PC. And Halo reach would also be part of that lineup of games that’ll be included. So this means all major Halo games, including Reach, will be in the MCC on PC.

But Halo 5 won’t be a part of this, as 343 stated they don’t have plans to included this title with the pack.
On Reddit, a recent AMA thread picked up the details where the community director of 343 went over a couple of pressing questions regarding the Master Chief collection on PC. The bulk of the questions regarding Halo Reach were answered by the user until someone popped the Q about Halo 5. Brian, the rep from 343, states:
“Our focus is bringing MCC and Reach to PC, there are no current plans to bring over Halo 5.”​
Brian is saying that they don’t have plans, but this isn’t confirmed. However, at this point, it doesn’t seem like they’re planning to include the game.

So as was expected Halo 5 will not be coming to PC while Halo MCC will (especially to recoup money), even now Halo is still selling Xboxes to an extent 4 years later.

Some people have been upset about why Halo MCC was moved to PC and why Halo 5 wasnn't, but this was predicted two years ago, basically they need Halo MCC to make money back, so PC was one of the easiest and fastest ways to do that. Halo 5 sold over 5 million in a few months, and has been well received in MP and decently received in SP. Still being a top selling game on the platform. Halo MCC on the other hand launched a buggy mess with false promises that never came to fruition. Panic set-in, population dropped, people got tried of nothing being fixed, it was a disaster. It was only recently fixed not long ago years after its 2014 launch, and the amount of money spend on the game and marketing, PR control fixes, outsourcing, and other costs, had to be made back somehow.
It also shows why after almost 3 years of PC rumors they only just got it ported recently.

Plus, at this point its pointless, E3 is only a few months away and there they will announce the new console and possible launch games, with those all releasing in 2020. By the time they start the porting process, reconfiguring anything, and all the other tinkering Halo Infinite will be out and the new Xboxes releases.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
They need to save something for later. I guarantee it will be on PC one day.

Hinedorf

Banned
Bums me out as I refuse to touch any FPS with a controller. The original Halo was great on the PC, I guess they just don't want to sell their product to more people.

Fine. The MP was good, but it was the worst campaign in the franchise. Plus you already have Forge available if you want it.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
140.gif

BlackTron

Bums me out as I refuse to touch any FPS with a controller. The original Halo was great on the PC, I guess they just don't want to sell their product to more people.

Microsoft has never figured out what their strategy is, it changes every 5 minutes. Halo is a console-selling exclusive (Halo 1) until it's not (Halo 1 PC/CE), then it's an Xbox game that's trying to promote an OS (Halo 2, Vista), then when their console is in trouble they hold onto the franchise for dear life (everything else till now), then when the console is in REAL trouble and needs a hero they fuck up the game (MCC), then only when getting ready for a PC version do they patch it YEARS later.

The Halo franchise has been used to try and artificially support too many things with no consistency, at the cost of the brand. Bad management.

BizzyBum

I still enjoy playing H5 from time to time, but if they ported the full game to PC it would have to be way better than the current free one they have now, which is probably why they have no plans in the near future for it.

I can definitely see them adding it down the road once all the other games are out for MCC PC and Infinite is launched.

Idc about PC, just put it in MCC on console so the player population isnt split between H5/MCC anymore. Been saying this for atleast 2 years...

Graciaus

That doesn't mean it won't at some point or release stand alone. I thought the game was the worst in the series. They can keep it.

That doesn't mean it won't at some point or release stand alone. I thought the game was the worst in the series. They can keep it.
Have you played Reach or ODST? Those games are fucking trash. Bungie wishing they were Infinity Ward taking a fat shit on the series with all its garbage changes. Reach was soooo bad multiplayer wise, shitty wanna be space CoD. I mean they immediatly partnered with Activision and made Destiny... H5 multiplayer was so polished since they had a pro team helping design. Only complaint was they lacked good memorable maps like H2/H3 since they went the free DLC/forge maps. Reach is good for anyone who doesnt actually like halo.

Last edited:

Gamezone

Gold Member
Of course it will be on PC. Especially now that Microsoft is working on this Xbox and PC unifying thing that will be revealed closer at E3.

Microsoft has never figured out what their strategy is, it changes every 5 minutes. Halo is a console-selling exclusive (Halo 1) until it's not (Halo 1 PC/CE), then it's an Xbox game that's trying to promote an OS (Halo 2, Vista), then when their console is in trouble they hold onto the franchise for dear life (everything else till now), then when the console is in REAL trouble and needs a hero they fuck up the game (MCC), then only when getting ready for a PC version do they patch it YEARS later.

The Halo franchise has been used to try and artificially support too many things with no consistency, at the cost of the brand. Bad management.

What? Halo was pushed for Xbox consistently. Halo 1 PC was barely promoted. Halo 2 PC some people don't even know exists and not it was not released to save Vista.

Also 360 was never in trouble.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Having all the Halo’s on one platform constitutes the franchise, does M$ want to bring more success and riches? Halo 5 on PC could add an extra layer of money.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Let M$ covet Halo 5, MCCPC will accomplish a lot and it will be the evidence they obviously need. I get why they’re hesitant about turning their coveted Halo 5 over to PC. It still generates $ even to today.

Codes 208

I was just playing a few rounds last night. Multiplayer as a whole is still lacks a certain charm I got from halo 2 and 3 but I’ll take it over 4 and maybe reach.

The campaign however is wet stinking garbage that ruined so much what I loved about the series. Though it could be worse, it’s not like 343i publishes 2-3 novels every year increasing the gaps of information between games or anything, that’d Be stupid right?

Three

What? Halo was pushed for Xbox consistently. Halo 1 PC was barely promoted. Halo 2 PC some people don't even know exists and not it was not released to save Vista.

Also 360 was never in trouble.

Yeah it was. MS were pushing it as GFWL and Vista exclusive to get people to upgrade. People had to crack it to run on Windows XP

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/vista-games-cracked-to-run-on-xp

MS use Halo (especially while it was big) to push other products. Halo 3 and the gears sequel didn't come out on PC because they wanted to push xbox 360 sales in places like Germany after the first ones were released on PC to convert them (they even mentioned this some time after) . Now I wouldn't be surprised that one of the reasons the MCC isn't releasing as an actual collection on PC is because they will likely try and keep people subscribed to gamepass by releasing it in bits every other month.

Three

Is there a chance Halo 5(as a whole) is going to be ported to PC as well(and maybe even added to the MCC)?

“Our focus is bringing MCC and Reach to PC, there are no current plans to bring over Halo 5.

They mention MCC and reach separately so they mean over to PC. That's not to say they won't do it at some point but I don't think they meant included in MCC. The games in the MCC aren't even releasing together.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
i stopped playing halo after halo 3's multiplayer started to tank, am curious what quality of life features they've added to the sequels

stuff like sprinting and mantling, sliding, wall running, double jump, are any of these things in halo 5?

titanfall and apex legends have spoiled me

Last edited:

BlazinAm

I think they will do something with Halo Infinite and tie that in with Halo 5, maybe a pre-order or something.

i stopped playing halo after halo 3's multiplayer started to tank, am curious what quality of life features they've added to the sequels

stuff like sprinting and mantling, sliding, wall running, double jump, are any of these things in halo 5?

titanfall and apex legends have spoiled me

Halo 5 has run/sprint/boost/slide. You can do an air dash as well. You can link them together to cover ground fast. Although it's not on the same level as Titanfall's crazy wall running and aerial multiplayer, the game plays pretty fast compared to earlier Halo games. Unfortunately the core gameplay wasn't the issue I found with the game. The campaign was really forgettable, the Forerunner enemy types are annoying/tedious to fight and the characters have none. The art style in Halo 5 creeps even more towards campy sci-fi.

Forge is incredible though. The amount of thing you can make with it is crazy.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Of course 343 won't say anything. Why would they? MCC is the next product.

Why would Pixar say Incredibles 2 is coming out years later when Incredibles 1 isn't even out yet?

Codes 208

I’ll give halo 5 credit on one thing:

Creativity.
I’ve stopped caring for competitive halo since reach so I’ve always stepped more into the casual playlists. Halo 5 had its version of action sack with crazy modes like Minotaur and mongoose mowdown. And have you guys played infection lately? They’ve added those progression based modes where you start at A and have to get to B and finally C with vehicles and heavy weapons. It’s fucking crazy and I love those things.

I would especially play more often if they add prop hunt as a weekend playlist or something.

Hell add prop hunt OR Death Run at all and I’ll take back all the shit I’ve said about 5. Except the campaign, because we all you dun goofed with that one.

Last edited:

Graciaus

Have you played Reach or ODST? Those games are fucking trash. Bungie wishing they were Infinity Ward taking a fat shit on the series with all its garbage changes. Reach was soooo bad multiplayer wise, shitty wanna be space CoD. I mean they immediatly partnered with Activision and made Destiny... H5 multiplayer was so polished since they had a pro team helping design. Only complaint was they lacked good memorable maps like H2/H3 since they went the free DLC/forge maps. Reach is good for anyone who doesnt actually like halo.
Those have two of the best campaigns in the series.

H5's campaign is not fun at all. The multi-player is boring with no good maps. I don't know how you can insult Reach and then claim 5 is great. They aren't that different from each other. People like to shit on bloom but most never understood it.

Those have two of the best campaigns in the series.

H5's campaign is not fun at all. The multi-player is boring with no good maps. I don't know how you can insult Reach and then claim 5 is great. They aren't that different from each other. People like to shit on bloom but most never understood it.
Because invasion, firefight, elites being stronger, abilities, loudouts, bloom, sprint. Game is so different than H3, sure the campaign was fine in reach but definitely not ODST. ODST was just bad, cant believe they charged 60$ for that campaign. H5 story is better than ODST easily if you can actually understand whats going on and where its heading, . Sure H5 isnt too different from reach multiplayer wise but overall its way more polished, they did everything reach wanted to do right. Recoil in that game makes sense, no loudouts, balanced power weapons, no elites, better maps. Reach maps were basically just remakes of H2 maps, i cant remember any of them besides the shitty forged ones. Cant forget about Reach's trash ranking system too. Also H5 has a custom game browser. "most never understood it" >.>

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
Halo 5 has run/sprint/boost/slide. You can do an air dash as well. You can link them together to cover ground fast. Although it's not on the same level as Titanfall's crazy wall running and aerial multiplayer, the game plays pretty fast compared to earlier Halo games. Unfortunately the core gameplay wasn't the issue I found with the game. The campaign was really forgettable, the Forerunner enemy types are annoying/tedious to fight and the characters have none. The art style in Halo 5 creeps even more towards campy sci-fi.

Forge is incredible though. The amount of thing you can make with it is crazy.

that sounds awesome, wtf isn't halo 5 coming :(

Wish Halo 5 on Windows would happen one day. Halo 5 in 4K and with mouse/keyboard support just makes a lot of sense and should look really clean thanks to it's neon, bloomey visuals.

Yeah it was. MS were pushing it as GFWL and Vista exclusive to get people to upgrade. People had to crack it to run on Windows XP

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/vista-games-cracked-to-run-on-xp

MS use Halo (especially while it was big) to push other products. Halo 3 and the gears sequel didn't come out on PC because they wanted to push xbox 360 sales in places like Germany after the first ones were released on PC to convert them (they even mentioned this some time after) . Now I wouldn't be surprised that one of the reasons the MCC isn't releasing as an actual collection on PC is because they will likely try and keep people subscribed to gamepass by releasing it in bits every other month.

You're reaching. GFWL was built fir Vista in the first place by that stage, and Halo 2 on GFWL wouldn't run on most XP machines unless you had high-end specs which most XP users didn't have which is why it wasn't made to run on XP. There are still forums you can access talking about this very thing.

Aren117

Article: 343i says Halo 5 will not be added to Halo MCC, not that it will never come to PC

OP:

So as was expected Halo 5 will not be coming to PC while Halo MCC will (especially to recoup money), even now Halo is still selling Xboxes to an extent 4 years later.

Reading Comprehension at its finest! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Can't imagine why people would expect Halo 5 to be included in Halo MCC too. It's a whole full game from this generation. It will actually be a surprise if it ever happens, and multiplayer will probably be very stripped down (and the MP is the only good part about it, so...)

I was just playing a few rounds last night. Multiplayer as a whole is still lacks a certain charm I got from halo 2 and 3 but I’ll take it over 4 and maybe reach.

The campaign however is wet stinking garbage that ruined so much what I loved about the series. Though it could be worse, it’s not like 343i publishes 2-3 novels every year increasing the gaps of information between games or anything, that’d Be stupid right?

Halo 5 MP over Reach MP?

No thank you.

Three

You're reaching. GFWL was built fir Vista in the first place by that stage, and Halo 2 on GFWL wouldn't run on most XP machines unless you had high-end specs which most XP users didn't have which is why it wasn't made to run on XP. There are still forums you can access talking about this very thing.
I'm not reaching you're just exaggerating. Halo was used to promote Vista. It was used to promote GFWL too. It was a dx9 game and your operating system had nothing to do with how high end your machine was. The game could run on XP they just chose to make it Vista exclusive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom