• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Combat Evolved SPV3.2 mod released, features improved graphics, gameplay and new missions

CyberPanda

Banned
Back in 2017, we informed you about Halo Custom Edition SPV3.1; a total overhaul mod for the first Halo game on the PC. And today, we are happy to report that, after two whole years, its development team has released a brand new version of it.

Halo: Combat Evolved SPV3.2 comes with improved graphics as it adds support for per-object Motion Blur, animation interpolations in order to smooth out the 30fps animations when playing at higher framerates, Volumetric Lighting and support for MXAO.

As we’ve already reported, SPV3 is not just a graphics overhaul mod as it comes with new weapons, enemies, vehicles, areas to explore and levels, as well as easter eggs and skulls which add new twists onto the gameplay.

Furthermore, and as the team noted, Halo Combat Evolved SPV3.2 brings numerous updates to all 11 prior missions to SPV3, plus 6 new missions to the game.

In other words, this is a must-have mods for all Halo PC fans out there and we strongly suggest downloading it right now.

Below you can find its official release trailer, as well as a video comparison between the game’s original/vanilla 2001 version and the modded 2019 version, and a video showcasing some of the visual improvements that have been implemented in SPV3.2.

Damn, I might have to try this out. This mod looks impressive, and seeing Halo CE again brings back so many good memories.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I loved that they redesigned this classic, I'm a little disappointed it doesn't look as good as Halo CE MCC but this is Day 1.

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
Get ready for a near 20yr old game to brutalise your PC

..My RTX 2080 is on its knees and begging for mercy after 5mins of running this thing.

Congratulations, you improved the graphics from 2000 to 2003. Half-Life 2 looked better than this. MCC for PC can't come soon enough.

Top Bottom