• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo for Xbox One is Halo 5? *gasp*

def sim

A year ago I was 100% sure that I would own the next Xbox as soon as this comes out.

Then Halo 4 happened :'(

While 4 sold well, it didn't sell the numbers 3 did and the lower than usual multiplayer population should have resulted in less map pack purchases. If anything else, I trust them to follow the money and reverse their inspirations from 4.

While 4 sold well, it didn't sell the numbers 3 did and the lower than usual multiplayer population should have resulted in less map pack purchases. If anything else, I trust them to follow the money and reverse their inspirations from 4.

From all the responses I've seen from 343i since the launch of 4, I'm not quite sure they have an idea of what went wrong.

def sim

From all the responses I've seen from 343i since the launch of 4, I'm not quite sure they have an idea of what went wrong.

I am not aware of what they've been saying as of late. That's a shame if not, though I'm sure someone like Frankie is well aware of the complaints coming from the Halo community here.

Halo 5, 60 fps, dedicated servers, awesome vehicles, all I need now is 16 v 16 big team battles.

I would really like that, too. I feel like they could really expand the vehicular innovation and diversity in standard combat with bigger maps, which means 16v16 would be great.

Oppo

Haven't you heard? Sequel numbers are passé. It's all about Title: Subtitle now. That way you aren't so obvious about your franchise milking.

See AC: Black Flag, Killzone: Shadowfall, Infamous: Second Son etc.

majorscud

If the flood is really back, I'll almost guarantee that by the end of the game you find a Halo 2 era copy of Cortana somewhere.

So are Halo 5 and 6 still coming out on 360 as announced?

Um, what? I have what I consider a grand memory for all things video game related and specifically reveals and obtuse PR releases for games and announcements. I don't recall anything that would lead someone to believe that the new trilogy was coming exclusively (or even all of them) coming to the 360. They only announced Halo 4 for the 360 and at the same time announced that the game would start a new trilogy on Xbox 360. See the distinction was that it would START a new trilogy on the 360. Not that the trilogy itself would be on the 360.

Eknots

Holy Fucking Shit
mind-blown.jpg

My mind is full of megatons

I've only ever played Halo 3, and wasn't a big fan. Is this a big announcement...the fact that its Halo "5", or are most of these remarks sarcastic?

farisr

Haven't you heard? Sequel numbers are passé. It's all about Title: Subtitle now. That way you aren't so obvious about your franchise milking.

See AC: Black Flag, Killzone: Shadowfall, Infamous: Second Son etc.

1) It's called Assassins Creed IV Black Flag, it has a number attached to it. In fact people were complaining that they decided to attach a number to it and it would've been better off that they had just kept a subtitle (without a number) instead. Should've used a better Assassins Creed example, like Brotherhood and Revelations.

2) KZ and inFAMOUS are not milked, and having a subtitle instead of a number makes sense. The games are designed so that no knowledge about the story from the past games is needed. They're both starting up new stories with new characters/conflicts and are perfect entry points for people that haven't played any of the other entries in the franchise

My cousin the other day said "Halo 5 blah blah blah" and I was like Halo 5? The reason being is that only "Halo" was teased for XB1 so I didnt think Halo 5 but its not shocking to know its Halo 5. Ok sorry for that useless info.

Corrine Yu said it was Halo 5 on twitter right after the announcement

Ha, that's clever. Clouds in the older version of the video don't quite form the same shape.
The clouds to the right of Halo is the Master Chief's Helmet. Of course, they always hide a Master Chief helmet in the clouds.

StayDead

I really don't understand Halo.

You finished the fight in the third one. HOW IS THERE TWO MORE? God damn I hate that franchise for that one specific thing.

El_Chino

You finished the fight in the third one. HOW IS THERE TWO MORE? God damn I hate that franchise for that one specific thing.

If you watched the Legendary ending of Halo 3 then you would've expected Halo 4 a LONG time ago. Also, the books told you the convenant weren't the only ones that were a threat to humanity.

You finished the fight in the third one. HOW IS THERE TWO MORE?

Of all the things to hate on Halo for, such as the deterioration in quality in every subsequent release to the point that Halo 4 was comically bad, the fact that the universe goes on isn't one of them. World War 1 was the war to end all wars. Then along came World War 2.

We finished that fight, but then we started another. Oh and the Covenant in 4 weren't there for the previous fight so they didn't get the memo that that one finished.

Top Bottom