• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite’s campaign DLC rumoured for a 2025 release

Barakov

Gold Member
0f9049356f247af7ef08f8a796e04e96
Y1LcRPm.png

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I agree it very well could be fine, but 343 has a lot to prove and no, folks are not overreacting, in my opinion.
What exactly do they have to prove? Other than being slow, they have delivered a pretty good if not excellent mutiplayer free to play halo, and an excellent single player halo thats true to the games roots and scores an average 87.

Godot25

Banned
Can I get a link to the debunk?

What "Halo API guy"?

Yeah I would say he would know they are not doing any more single player content and are focusing on micro transactions for the multiplayer only.

Who is halo api guy? Link plz.

I should also probably point out that Sean W claimed that these were legit screenshots from Halo Infinite because "343 employeee told him they are legit."

Guy is just guessing at best

Ozriel

M$FT
What is clown is your sad need to come swinging for Microsoft every time something critical is said about it.

I dropped a factual piece of information. How is that ‘swinging for Microsoft’? 😂😂😂

“How dare you claim water makes things wet?!”

Look, it’s perfectly valid for you to dislike the current trajectory of Halo and what 343 is doing with the franchise. But acting like NPD and Steam data is irrelevant and cannot be cited is just strange. Attacking people for posting facts isn’t a good look for you.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

You may be on to something. Everyone knows December is a terrible month for game sales. And barely any games get sold on Steam.

/s

ogYmpR5.jpg

2nd only behind COD and outsold the holiday Pokémon releases. Top seller on PC in the US across all stores.

All this despite being a Gamepass title and Campaign only.
It also dropped the majority of its online players.

343 shit the bed and needs to go.

Topher

Gold Member
What exactly do they have to prove? Other than being slow, they have delivered a pretty good if not excellent mutiplayer free to play halo, and an excellent single player halo thats true to the games roots and scores an average 87.

They have to prove they can deliver on this 10 year "live service" having never done this before. Being slow when you've already established a set period of time to deliver isn't a good thing.

Calverz

That’s really not acceptable imo. I am happy staten is fully in charge of the campaign dlc though from beginning to end though.

Let’s not act like he hasn’t been wrong on other news too. Like Xbox Live being discontinued.

So yeah, he gets some stuff right, and some stuff wrong, and has made stuff up for the lolz too. The initial point was about reliability.

If we can question Grubb when he has scooped others on big news we can absolutely question Reddit right? Who is the reliable source for this story? Did they make any other accurate predictions about Halo Infinite? Do they have a date for co-op and Forge? The 2025 date seems pretty arbitrary.

They have to prove they can deliver on this 10 year "live service" having never done this before. Being slow when you've already established a set period of time to deliver isn't a good thing.
Well MS has Sea of Thieves and that's a live service title that has delivered regular updates. Games like Grounded has been updated numerous times as well over the years. There is clearly a precedent of MS support of live service titles in the past.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
To be fair, there's nothing to debunk. The onus isn't on developers to respond to random youtube insiders, unless it starts getting reported wider by more reputable sources.

We shouldn't have an expectation for a publisher or developer to comment on everything that gets posted on r/gamingleaks.

I agree 343 has no responsibility to respond to this or any other questionable rumor that is revealed on the internet, but that doesn't mean there is "nothing to debunk". There certainly is. But like I said, it is questionable and for my part, I'd say the "Halo api guy" G Godot25 referenced laughing at it on twitter is enough for me to say this rumor has no merit, not that it ever did considering the source. I do think 343 needs to be more transparent about there plans for Halo going forward though.

Well MS has Sea of Thieves and that's a live service title that has delivered regular updates. Games like Grounded has been updated numerous times as well over the years. There is clearly a precedent of MS support of live service titles in the past.

True. Time for 343 to do the same. I'm not saying they can't. They just need to prove they can deliver on this 10 year plan.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
If we can question Grubb when he has scooped others on big news we can absolutely question Reddit right?
Absolutely, you should question and investigate any source.

Just to note though, this isn’t a story that’s originated on Reddit. It’s from a Halo YouTuber. I just posted the Reddit thread, alongside the report, to show that the rumour has gained significant traction.

Hezekiah

Banned
You may be on to something. Everyone knows December is a terrible month for game sales. And barely any games get sold on Steam.

/s

ogYmpR5.jpg

2nd only behind COD and outsold the holiday Pokémon releases. Top seller on PC in the US across all stores.

All this despite being a Gamepass title and Campaign only.
Still struggling with this I see. You still have no numbers.

As for referencing Steam charts with the sales you usually get there...😅

Ozriel

M$FT
It also dropped the majority of its online players.

343 shit the bed and needs to go.

Valid point. Also nothing to do with what my post was addressing.
I agree 343i is struggling at the moment and will need some serious intervention to resolve the issues they’re having putting out content for Infinite. Hopefully they’ll learn something from the lukewarm reception to Season 1.

Still struggling with this I see. You still have no numbers.

As for referencing Steam charts with the sales you usually get there...😅

From your post history, you’ve had zero issues citing NPD position and data as an indication of sales success when it’s suited your arguments

And not just NPD either. This was you using PSN chart position as an indication of sales success of Days Gone.

CCSAyuN.jpg

It’s not best practice to continue to dig when you’re in a hole.

Hezekiah

Banned
Valid point. Also nothing to do with what my post was addressing.
I agree 343i is struggling at the moment and will need some serious intervention to resolve the issues they’re having putting out content for Infinite. Hopefully they’ll learn something from the lukewarm reception to Season 1.

From your post history, you’ve had zero issues citing NPD position and data as an indication of sales success when it’s suited your arguments

And not just NPD either. This was you using PSN chart position as an indication of sales success of Days Gone.

CCSAyuN.jpg

It’s not best practice to continue to dig when you’re in a hole.
So you're saying I was wrongto do so (which I was).

And therefore admitting you're wrong too (well done).

We got there in the end 👏. Halo has no sales numbers, and multiplayer has tanked since December. It's up to 343i to turn it around, bit I don't think they will. Time for someone else (i.d.) to take on the franchise.

Btw jeez how long did you spend searching my post history (July 2020!) to find something so weak rather than admitting reality. You've definitely got too much time on your hands 😄

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

We got there in the end 👏. Halo has no sales numbers, and multiplayer has tanked since December. It's up to 343i to turn it around, bit I don't think they will. Time for someone else (i.d.) to take on the franchise.

Btw jeez how long did you spend searching my post history (July 2020!) to find something so weak rather than admitting reality. You've definitely got too much time on your hands 😄

Are you really surprised at the lengths a sad warrior will go?

Shubh_C63

It's like they don't want to have a momentum.
So many companies will be putting their AAA GaaS MP titles in coming years so lets see this do it right vs do it fast strategy works for 343.

A Free multiplayer games where almost 80% people have left. I played around 3 weeks but people are right about lack of maps, contents and activity selection.
Atrocious Battlepass, no saving that, I would have still be playing this if it wasn't such an unbelievable chore.
And c'mon, Story was below average at best. In terms of Halo it might even be considered bad. Everything is "xyz has begun" and then never begins with mixed soap opera.

So lots of room to improve.

Lots of people will care, a fun game is a fun game.
Completely agree in case of Halo. Those 20-40% players are still playing MP even with its shortcomings (also COD and BF both underperformed massively so that helped), liked the Campaign and would be 100% back whenever new Halo content is out.

For Halo, getting it right should be there first priority instead of faster content. They already have too many strikes and their playerbase will forgive everything if they can deliver once, like they did with the gameplay/gun-play.

Mister Wolf

That's too far away. 343 while having produced a good game are an unoptimal solution for the franchise. Them as well as their game engine's ability to he efficient. I wish The Coalition would have been given the Halo franchise with Stanton leading and utilizing UE4.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

That's too far away. 343 while having produced a good game are an unoptimal solution for the franchise. Them as well as their game engine's ability to he efficient. I wish The Coalition would have been given the Halo franchise with Stanton leading and utilizing UE4.
The Coalition is the best thing nobody is talking about.
MS needs to recognize and utilize them more.

VN1X

Banned
It's amazing that never before have we had this many studios working on a single game (CoD Vanguard, Halo, Battlefield) and each and everyone has struggled with base and post-launch content. CoD maybe less so as it has the Warzone tie-in but if you're just there for standard multiplayer you're also fucked.

I'm playing a lot of Bloodhunt at the moment which is a 40-player battle royale (PC & PS5 only atm) which has about the same amount of slow drip-feed content as Halo Infinite. The state of this industry...

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT

You weren’t wrong then. Days Gone sold well, and using chart position on the PSN revenues chart to infer sales health is perfectly apt.
Consistency is key.

20 seconds, actually. GAF’s search function is really robust. You should try it sometime.

Are you really surprised at the lengths a sad warrior will go?

I will say I was surprised to see you condemn factual information from NPD and Steam

Topher

Gold Member

I think some new leadership at 343 would make a big difference. Halo is one of the most iconic franchises in video gaming. I don't think many would disagree that there is a ton of unfulfilled potential being left on the table.

Hezekiah

Banned
You weren’t wrong then. Days Gone sold well, and using chart position on the PSN revenues chart to infer sales health is perfectly apt.
Consistency is key.

20 seconds, actually. GAF’s search function is really robust. You should try it sometime.

I will say I was surprised to see you condemn factual information from NPD and Steam
Actually we don't know how well Days Gone sold, the numbers that came from Jeff Ross have been debunked.

Your statement is still unverifiable, and Halo is still dying. Keep up the good fight though 💪

Nydius

On the one hand it's a rumor.
On the other hand 343i is glacially slow.

I'm inclined to believe it based solely on how slow to react 343i has been since they took over from Bungie. It took several years for them to right the ship on MCC. Ditto Halo 5. And it sure looks like they're following the same path with Infinite, which is going to take well over a year before it's 'feature complete'. We've gotten -- what? -- two new maps total since the game's launch and might only see another 2-3 in the next season which may, also, end up being 6 months? Given that pace, I could easily see it taking 2+ years before they drop new campaign DLC, if they do any campaign DLC at all.

Top Bottom