• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite graphical comparison 2020 2021

Iced Arcade

Vc82d2s.jpg
m33G2yN.jpg
YKSZbKE.jpg

elliot5

I hope Chief is just under different lighting conditions with the blue making the scuffs and marks pop. I think his 2020 armor color and detail was perfect, honestly. I was a big fan. Idk if they just amped up the contrast because the scuffs are all still there in 2020, just less "pop" and I kind of prefer that look. But it makes sense for him to have all that damage..

BigLee74

Until you see a like for like in the same area, who knows what they’ve done exactly?

It’s always been known that it has dynamic time of day, and therefore many different lighting conditions under which it will look different.

All I know is that MP looks amazing, and I’ve enjoyed every single Halo campaign so far. It is unparalleled in terms of fun, content and value. Everything I want from a game really.

Huuuuge jump over last year, and I already liked much of what I saw last year minus the pop in issues.

This is next gen Halo. There's some surprising level of detail in MP, that makes you just know how insane campaign looks. The flyover was amazing, the texture detail, the environmental detail and density of the areas, the atmosphere, the lighting, the geometry in the environments, the effects on that flying pelican as it distorted the air. The whole thing was just heaven for a huge Halo fan looking forward to play the campaign.

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
Yup they actually added textures and good lighting this time. Last years visuals were flat and sterile, like somebody forgot they put a standard single color material on everything. It looked amateur. Anywho... this new build looks great, but nothing ground breaking. I've come to not expect ground breaking from Halo (the only great looking Halo for the time was Halo 4). The Chief cutscene looked really good, but who knows what the open world will really look like... besides that 10 seconds they showed.

I haven't heard anyone say anything about this yet, but them showing only 10 seconds from a very zoomed out overhead few is pretty concerning, and they also have not confirmed an official release date. I'm calling it now, I really think the campaign will be delayed again, but the multiplayer will release sometime in Oct. or Nov. The campaign might release December, if not next year.

Yup they actually added textures and good lighting this time. Last years visuals were flat and sterile, like somebody forgot they put a standard single color material on everything. It looked amateur. Anywho... this new build looks great, but nothing ground breaking. I've come to not expect ground breaking from Halo (the only great looking Halo for the time was Halo 4). The Chief cutscene looked really good, but who knows what the open world will really look like... besides that 10 seconds they showed.

I haven't heard anyone say anything about this yet, but them showing only 10 seconds from a very zoomed out overhead few is pretty concerning, and they also have not confirmed an official release date. I'm calling it now, I really think the campaign will be delayed again, but the multiplayer will release sometime in Oct. or Nov. The campaign might release December, if not next year.

The zoomed out overhead instills MORE confidence because the closer you get to the ground, the better that up close detail all looks. When we were close to the ground, we saw a crap ton of foliage and density, we saw small wildlife flying around or little particles flying in the wind, whatever they were. Could be a form of butterfly or just bugs, but I spotted even those.

Personally you really cant compare the two since this game has a dynamic day and night cycle lighting is never going to be static also with the armor section the armor probably wears as the game goes on and is not battle damaged out the gate.

The fact that they brushed over the single player aspect and only showed a vista that looked in no real way an improvement over last year makes me think this game won't be getting the visual upgrade many people might be expecting.
You speak the truth.

Also, I preferred the original suit... The rest seems like a few tweaks.

I don't see what some people see to it, my guess is that they see what they hope it would be.

Eliciel

Lol what phone do you have? Dell stopped making phones in 2010 bro time to upgrade from your 189p screen.
don't shoot chief!
Definite upgrade…though what kind of phone are you running for you to not see any kind of difference dude?
guys guys guys, this is no fight! Ez on the trigger, it's a OnePlus 6 and I didn't see it being that obvious to be honest, but fully going to belief what you guys are saying, sounds good then, looking forward to it.

A proper comparison would be same place same time of day, two totally different types of lighting don't make for an honest or true comparison at all. They changed some things on the guns which is cool but that's not really much of an upgrade in quality it's just different.

Last edited:
don't shoot chief!

guys guys guys, this is no fight! Ez on the trigger, it's a OnePlus 6 and I didn't see it being that obvious to be honest, but fully going to belief what you guys are saying, sounds good then, looking forward to it.
With the new bose smart glasses, you can become smart enough to see the difference for only $599. What a freaking bargain holy shit buy now.

don't shoot chief!

Got me a note 20 Ultra, and switching that youtube to 4K is just... heaven.

Watching it on the OLED in other room even better!!

the_master

I hope I can wear the non junk version of chief's armour. The clean and new model looked great to me.

Actually, it'd be awesome to find weapons with different levels of wear. Although probably too expensive for the gain.

Nonsense.
I have to agree. A lot of people are drawing their own conclusions that not showing the campaign at E3 means that it will be terrible. I tend to think that it just wasn't ready (and they will show it soon) or that they simply wanted to focus on the multiplayer. I'm not of the opinion that it's a disaster and that 343 are afraid to show the finished product.

Top Bottom