• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite launches holiday 2020, adds Xbox Project Scarlett version

Mista

Banned

Halo Infinite will launch for Xbox One, Windows 10, and the newly announced Xbox Project Scarlett in holiday 2020, publisher Microsoft and developer 343 Industries announced at the Microsoft E3 2019 press conference.

Halo Infinite continues the Halo 5: Guardians storyline and takes the franchise in “ambitious, unexpected directions.” Here are the latest details, via Microsoft:
We’re ecstatic to share the “Discover Hope” video which introduces a new character and heralds the return of our iconic hero amidst dire and mysterious circumstances. Like last year’s reveal trailer, this latest look at Halo Infinite is powered by our new Slipspace Engine – an engine built from the ground up to realize our incredibly ambitious aspirations for the future of the franchise. Which yes, also includes the long-awaited return of split-screen support to the series.

During today’s briefing we also confirmed that Halo Infinite will launch alongside Project Scarlett in holiday 2020. Halo Infinite will support more platforms than we ever have for a single game including the entire Xbox One family of devices and a wide range of PCs (and will of course be included with Xbox Game Pass for PC and console).

Bringing the latest technology from the platform together with the most sophisticated Halo engine ever created unlocks completely new opportunities for the developers and for gamers. As Chris Lee, Studio Head of Halo Infinite, puts it, “By harnessing the power of our new Slipspace Engine and combining it with the power and promise of Project Scarlett, we plan to build the Halo game we’ve always dreamed of – and share it with even more players, competitors, adventurers, and creators than ever before.”

We hope you enjoy the video – it represents the passion, hope, and hard work of creative developers at 343 Industries. We know you have many, many unanswered questions and we’re excited to share more further down the road. For now, head over to Halo Waypoint to hear more from Chris Lee.

Screenshots:

Halo-Infinite_2019_06-09-19_005.jpg

Halo-Infinite_2019_06-09-19_001.jpg

Halo-Infinite_2019_06-09-19_002.jpg

Halo-Infinite_2019_06-09-19_003.jpg

Halo-Infinite_2019_06-09-19_006.jpg

Halo-Infinite_2019_06-09-19_007.jpg

Halo-Infinite_2019_06-09-19_008.jpg

Halo-Infinite_2019_06-09-19_010.jpg

Halo-Infinite_2019_06-09-19_011.jpg

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
Great idea to launch an Xbox with a new Halo and I did like what we saw... The problem is that we once again barely saw anything.

I was disappointed last year when we only got a tech demo of the new engine but I understood that the game was still far out. This time I really was expecting to see some gameplay. This trailer showed us absolutely nothing other than that Chief's design has been improved.

Really disappointed that they still can't show us more. Such an anticlimatic way to end the conference. I really was expecting to see a decent amount of gameplay.

stickkidsam

I... like it? At least the direction that is.

It'll be interesting to see what they mean by "We lost".

As for Chief, I really like his helmet. His armor on the other hand looks way too much like the armor from the fan movie they made. It's cartoony in a way and not one that I like sadly. Too many random geometric shapes and angles on it.

I really wish we had seen some gameplay because this doesn't give us much to really get excited for.

Codes 208

Oh shit, it just occurred to me that this will be the first console to launch with halo since the OG xbox.

Where does it say about the XB1 version?, phil made it sound more like its a next gen game.
They didnt talk anything specific but we know Its cross-gen.

Last edited:

Vlightray

I'm sure a Xbox one X could run that at 4k 30. We will need to see because the demo is probably a target render on a beastly PC.

Last edited:

pr0cs

After 4&5 they have their work cut out to get me back into the halo universe. What they showed looked good though. Sad we'll have to wait so long to see actual gameplay

scalman

so it will be not next gen version only ? then it will be shit , because it will be downgraded so much to x1 levels ...
it needs to be next gen xbox only ... then i wanna see it

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
Looks great but a bit disappointing after this many years. I liked Halo 4 as a campaign ok, and I liked Halo 5s multiplayer ok. Just do something like H3 343 bros, sell me a scarlet, blow my mind man! Make Halo a big deal again. Thanks for the op Mista.

Last edited:
Its just underwhelming to me, last years tech test was better. This was hobo and chief in a grey metal box. After over 3 years development.

Bonnie Ross too busy empowering women through mentorship.

True, but it looks much better than Halo 5, graphically and artistically it looks much nicer on the eyes and rings more true to the older style.

I think considering it’s scope (assuming here) it’s really good

angelic

Banned
True, but it looks much better than Halo 5, graphically and artistically it looks much nicer on the eyes and rings more true to the older style.

I think considering it’s scope (assuming here) it’s really good

I really dont see it, it looked utterly generic to me. Im playing Prey right now, the new one not 2006, and that looks better. Every time they say oh this is Halo back to it's roots. Every time they fail. It wont ever go back to being a quietly good, simple sci fi story shooter. Its a pretentious monolithic franchise with terrible taglines like "Discover Hope", run by a diversity hire, none of the original team, on an absurdly high budget, groupthink designed to remove all rough edges. Halo died after 3.

Mattyp

Gold Member
so it will be not next gen version only ? then it will be shit , because it will be downgraded so much to x1 levels ...
it needs to be next gen xbox only ... then i wanna see it

Cyberpunk works on a $500 computer? Then it will be shit, downgraded so much from my $3,000 rig capability.

SCALING. How PC games have already been designed.

CyberPanda

Banned
I really dont see it, it looked utterly generic to me. Im playing Prey right now, the new one not 2006, and that looks better. Every time they say oh this is Halo back to it's roots. Every time they fail. It wont ever go back to being a quietly good, simple sci fi story shooter. Its a pretentious monolithic franchise with terrible taglines like "Discover Hope", run by a diversity hire, none of the original team, on an absurdly high budget, groupthink designed to remove all rough edges. Halo died after 3.
Prey looks better? Yea, I don’t think so.

PaNaMa

Banned
Chief looks plastic to me. Shiny cheap plastic. Like a poor Chinese knock-off of the original or something. I don't know how you make an armor suit look more metal, or whatever, or have him animate in a way that seems more weighty.. he just looks like a knock off to me..it's weird

Top Bottom