• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite launches holiday 2020, adds Xbox Project Scarlett version

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Could be an acquired taste, I guess.. but jeeeesus that was annoying.

Anyways, I'm really interested in seeing what Infinite is about. Personally I hope it's a reboot of sorts, allowing the new players to be engrossed in the story from the get-go.
We have completely different hopes for Halo "pie_tears_joy: Without going into details, it's time for a very emotional battle that finishes up this trilogy.

TBiddy

We have completely different hopes for Halo "pie_tears_joy: Without going into details, it's time for a very emotional battle that finishes up this trilogy.

I get that. I think you may get what you want though. Especially if it's time for a closure!

I suspect that the "Infinite" part refers to the fact that Halo will be a GaaS-release, that closes the previous history and then has the chance to build a new one either via paid DLC.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
I suspect that the "Infinite" part refers to the fact that Halo will be a GaaS-release, that closes the previous history and then has the chance to build a new one either via paid DLC.
Could be the case, they are pretty tight lipped on the story and game, we'll just have to wait until E3 presentation I guess. Although it would make sense to have exclusive articles purely about Halo with IGN, Digital Foundry, etc. Scale of the game is still huge, and marketing wise this would be interesting.

On what "Infinite" refers, I guess GaaS-release makes sense, although the word itself could mean so much... Infinite amount of possibilities. The actual Halo's are ring worlds, a ring is "infinite", although I'm also expecting an open world game but I hope I'm wrong. Because that would be too close to Destiny. We'll just have to wait

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
New Halo is open world in design, so I would assume that it means its more "sandbox" for the most part, even if the campaign is classically focused.

Halo was tanking in terms of SP quality before 343i took over. Halo 3 released and to me was completely destroyed by COD 4 MW as a singleplayer experience. I was thinking how in the hell was a military shooter more epic than the grand finale for Halo? Didn't matter, to me it was. Halo 3 did not deliver what it promised. Reach was a big step up over Halo 3, but still didn't quite do it for me. Halo 4 is the best campaign in the franchise, with much needed gameplay improvements that Halo 5 took to the next level. Halo 4's story and character development are also unmatched in the franchise. Master Chief and Cortana were expertly handled as characters. You got to see way more depth to both their characters than you ever had before.

Halo 4 to me proved 343i was the right team for Halo. I feel even if Bungie stayed, we'd still be seeing Halo crapped on the way it gets crapped as of late. And many of the same people WERE in fact crapping on Halo when Bungie was in charge of it. It was just the moment Bungie became independent and signed that contract with Activision all of a sudden everybody was labeling Bungie's Halo games as perfect. Well, they were far from it. Once Halo hit the 360, it was never as good as the first 2 games until Halo 4 dropped imo. I can't speak to ODST because I honestly didn't really give it a shot.
I fully agree with everything you just said ! Feel like I’ve been waiting years for this comment 😆 lol

Kagey K

Banned
As long as they get the multiplayer right, I don’t care much what happens in campaign. I’ll play through it once or twice and after that it’s all Arena.

H5 is still among the best arena shooters this gen, and it’s why I keep going back.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
As long as they get the multiplayer right, I don’t care much what happens in campaign. I’ll play through it once or twice and after that it’s all Arena.

H5 is still among the best arena shooters this gen, and it’s why I keep going back.
Truth. I find myself playing it still. H5 Warzone is awesome as the levels go up. You end up with true vehicle mayhem.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I'm definitely looking forward to Halo Infinite as it will be the first game in the series that I play. Can't wait to see the gameplay and whatnot at Microsoft's July Xbox showcase. Six months to go!!!

Eliciel

All I know is that the pressure of entire Generatios is waiting at the doorstep. Generations after and before the nostalgia infected Generations of Halo Combat Evolved are putting all their hopes Into this Game and I can tell you that very seldomly have games delivered in these knd of situations exactly what the variety of people were hoping for. People are expecting a perfect 10/10 on all fronts, from different angles. Some want nostalgia 2.0 some want a re-invetion, a Revolution or an Evolution of the good, it is highly diverse in expectations.

I hope that everyone involved in this process of Game Development is having an absolute crystal clear understanding that HELL will break loose If this Halo does not deliver on an array of expectations. It IS going to be a perfect Balance of Revolution and evolution of nostalgia and re-invention. The game needs to be spotless in the best possible way. This Game will be Generation defining for Xbox success. That is how Important it is and I can only believe they know that judging by the budget that is going Into this Game ($500mln?)

Last edited:

oldergamer

All I know is that the pressure of entire Generatios is waiting at the doorstep. Generations after and before the nostalgia infected Generations of Halo Combat Evolved are putting all their hopes Into this Game and I can tell you that very seldomly have games delivered in these knd of situations exactly what the variety of people were hoping for. People are expecting a perfect 10/10 on all fronts, from different angles. Some want nostalgia 2.0 some want a re-invetion, a Revolution or an Evolution of the good, it is highly diverse in expectations.

I hope that everyone involved in this process of Game Development is having an absolute crystal clear understanding that HELL will break loose If this Halo does not deliver on an array of expectations. It IS going to be a perfect Balance of Revolution and evolution of nostalgia and re-invention. The game needs to be spotless in the best possible way. This Game will be Generation defining for Xbox success. That is how Important it is and I can only believe they know that judging by the budget that is going Into this Game ($500mln?)
Omg how many times are people going to use that false number??? Halo5 does NOT cost anything close to 500 million to make!

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I got thrown by accident in H5’s last mission. I forgot how uninspired it was. But it was also 5 years ago. I want to believe 343i learned from it.

PacificNW

I am hoping all this sound capture is going to pay off. I am curious what five years with a new engine, new hardware and a lot more dev time will let 343i do. Excited for July!

Cutty Flam

Banned
I’m very excited for this game. Halo 2 and Halo 3 all day. But Halo 4 really disappointed, to the point where I could not even give a damn about Halo 5

For those who played Halo 5, do you think 343i had it in them to turn the franchise back to its glory days? To be honest, I feel very excited but at the same time very cynical because 343i is really a disgrace in my eyes

I respect that they try, but the fail so hard imo. Halo 4 was unforgivable. The only plus about H4 is the Forge. The rest of the game was largely a failure in all respects

But this is a do or die opportunity. So I think they’re coming out with their best. Really not sure how it’s going to go but I expect it to be greater than H4 and H5 at the very least. We’ll just have to stay tuned I guess

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
"In what will be our second to last"

They're wrapping up, development is coming to a head.

YES!!!
These were actually shot a while ago. They are now posting them on Instagram once every 2 week. Even during COVID lockdown they were posting them.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Also, can you guys just come up with some rumors to fuel the hype?
Phil went to Japan to hire ninjas trained by Itagaki himself. They will search through the internet to looking people desperately asking for rumors. If deemed unworthy of playing Halo Infinite they will be kidnapped and put in a torture cellar monitored by Aaron Greenberg.

the_master

Phil went to Japan to hire ninjas trained by Itagaki himself. They will search through the internet to looking people desperately asking for rumors. If deemed unworthy of playing Halo Infinite they will be kidnapped and put in a torture cellar monitored by Aaron Greenberg.
Cool. So where are the rumors and leaks???

Danny 117

That's atriox right? Holy shit they are actually doing it!

E: Maybe not atriox speaking but it seems that they are talking about him?

Last edited:

Sorne

Could it be a gravemind? I hope so!

Edit: oh lol it even says banished in the end. Oh well! Still hyped.

Last edited:
Finally, let the Halo Infinite marketing campaign start!

Why do you think Atriox is dead? I thought this was Atriox

People are thinking that the guy talking is some other Brute and the person he's referring to with the "will/legacy" line is Atriox.

It would be incredibly lame if they killed him off-screen or in a book or something, but some are speculating that it's just referring to the fact that Atriox is stuck on the Ark.

We are his will, we are his legacy, we are the banished!

So is Atriox dead?

Why do you think Atriox is dead? I thought this was Atriox

Atriox isn't dead, it's one of his soldiers in the audio. They consider themselves instruments of his will. He doesn't need to be dead for that to happen. The Covenent was the instrument of the Hierarch's will for centuries before they all got recked. You also don't need to be dead to have a legacy. Your legacy is something you build throughout your life, and Atriox built the banished from the ground up.

Top Bottom