• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Infinite - No Co-op or Forge at launch

Interfectum

- Co-op will come in Season 2 (~3 months), Forge will come out in Season 2 (~6 months after launch), #1 priority is meeting quality and stability across all platforms, many technical complexities with Forge, for example
- Still working out details of the specific release day, but absolutely releasing this Holiday, will know release date soon

I'm assuming it has something to do with cross play, since there's still no campaign coop cross play in MCC.

Last edited:

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Sad Tyler The Creator GIF

Papacheeks

Banned
So the rumors of it coming in somewhat pieces last year were true.........

Surprised we have not heard anything of the campaign coming in sections/chapters.

Better release the game this year with features coming later then delaying it again.

But co-op has been a staple since original halo? To me this shows how piece meal this was and how bad of shape it was in development wise. You have to wonder if co-op campaign is not in at launch how th campaign it is itself? How long or if its even finished.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Are you fucking kidding me!? Theyve had 5 fucking years, plus an extra one since the launch of halo 5. The game was literally delayed an entire fucking year so they could release a complete product. Jesus christ, what the fuck is going on over there? No campaign to show yet either? How could this be coming in hot after an entire fucking year delay? Covid does not cut it as an excuse at this point

anthony2690

Banned
Only Nintendo could get away with this :p

That being said, it doesn't phase me, as I always play halo first solo, so I can explore and do everything.

Just means I'll do a co op run 3 months later and still never check out forge.

Can't wait to play this game later this year.

Sucks for those that will boot this up and probably not see this news prior to launch though, that want to do co op day one.

Last edited:
The fuck, I recently (few years) just switched over to Xbox, and i am really enjoying Halo mcc co-op with a friend, never really played it before these games are great co-op experiences, why would you not include it at launch???? we where both going to play infiinte coop

Last edited:

coffinbirth

I'm sure no co-op at launch is going to upset quite a few people, but I typically play through the campaign solo the first time around anyways, so no biggie over here. Same with Forge. I usually go months before I dig in anyways.
My question is...WHEN IS THE BATTLE ROYALE COMING?!?

Del_X

No co-op sucks, but I like to play solo. I'm expecting the open-ish world is making it challenging. As long as it's performant and plays like the tech preview hinted, I'll probably enjoy the campaign a lot.

EDIT: No forge is not a surprise at all, especially if it has scriptable AI and stuff.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
WOW, 12 minutes in and they basically have talked about nothing like they are stalling....

Like why is this 28 Minutes?

Man this timestamp makes it sound like "do not expect tons of content on launch day"

CO-OP TALK starts 16:35

clarky

Gold Member
The fuck, I recently (few years) just switched over to Xbox, and i am really enjoying Halo mcc co-op with a friend, never really played it before these games are great co-op experiences, why would you not include it at launch???? we where both going to play infiinte coop
Halo campaigns are defined by heroic solo, runs. Co-op always has balance issues and ive always treated it as a bonus.

Lol at all these warriors saying its a disaster, fuck off. Anyone who played the tech test is hype as fuck.

BigLee74

I’d rather they release it ‘on time’ with campaign and multiplayer, than be made to wait longer for coop.

And I say this as a guy who always coops the campaigns with my Halo buddy.

It’s a 10 year game, so nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
Top Bottom