• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite possible BR mode leak on Xbox Japan store page

JonnyMP3

Considering COD had multiple modes and Warzone is probably the money maker as well as Fortnite still being the biggest game in the world still, not surprised that MS want that BR dollar. Customise your Spartan with different generation skins!

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Seems flimsy as Halo definitely isn't just BR shooting, and wouldn't be classified that way but...

I'd be so happy if this happened. The mechanics are made for a BR, even the new grappling hook.

Last edited:

EliteSmurf

CaaUZuy.jpg

I've never understood why it would even be that difficult to make. You have a functioning shooter with an open world. Just have to design the weapon progression, drops, and a shrinking forcefield. Seems like a trivial addition honestly, but what do I know.

jigglet

Banned
Well I guess Halo's long time to kill is better suited to BR than any other shooter that has been repurposed for BR.

ksdixon

Why don't we get games compatmenalized into smaller games?

Halo 6,7,8,9,10 story campaign games...
Halo MP: One game for the generation, map packs/gun upgrade galore
Halo BR: One game for the generation, season updates

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
A Halo BR will be a unique combo.

- Flying vehicles
- Unlike Call of Duty, PUBG and other shooter BR with lots of small hut/house structures, BR on Halo will be more open maps with it's big complex structures?
- Halo games don't seem to have lots of cover, trees, debris and stuff like that to hide or use as strategic cover

Last edited:

Codes 208

Tbf a lot can change in two years. Games like apex legends and warzone dropping last year and this year have helped create a larger pool of interest without making the genre feel stagnant from just fortnite and pubg. A BR in a game like halo seems like a natural progression and the campaign aiming for a semi-open world would support the idea of there being drop zones for modes like BR.

Last edited:

Codes 208

A Halo BR will be a unique combo.

- Flying vehicles
- Unlike Call of Duty, PUBG and other shooter BR with lots of small hut/house structures, BR on Halo will be more open maps with it's big complex structures?
- Halo games don't seem to have lots of cover, trees, debris and stuff like that to hide or use as strategic cover
Not to mention things like Shields/armor could easily be replaced by in-game power-ups like armor abilities, over shields, camo, etc (since halo generally has shields by default.)

the gameplay could easily be a mix between fortnite’s floaty combat (minus building) with apex’s abilities (of sorts)

I hope they do, it's the sort of mode I want out of Halo. Still have traditional modes though but classic population will suffer with BR around.

Halo has such as perfect fit for BR; characters, factions, weapons, vehicles, elites, brutes, forerunner, humans, flood, locations, drop pods, teleporters, power ups, REQ weapon levels, power weapons etc. Timed events with ODSTs or lesser covie characters, perhaps AI for marines and grunts for cannon fodder around the map e.g. Titanfall.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
Honestly? Halo is already an arena shooter with weapons thrown around the map, so all they need to is make the maps bigger to contain more players, that's basically it. So I do think the game will have a BR mode, if not at launch then at least added later on, the BR audience is simply too huge to be ignored.

JoeDanny

I'm trying to imagine how a Halo BR mode could work given what we've seen from Infinite. I'm thinking ODST drop pods are a no-brainer. Perhaps instead of the tried-and-true circle, we will drop onto a section of the ring where the playable zone shrinks to a smaller rectangular area of the landscape?

-Arcadia-

Banned
Honestly, playing Blood Gulch back in 2001 was kind of like the Boomer BR.

A level that stretched on forever (remember, it's 2001), with outdoor and indoor portions, and even all kinds of vehicles. Nobody had ever played anything like it. Aside from respawns, it very much felt like a little open world in multiplayer for the first time.

What I'm saying is that it makes sense to go this direction, and I'm honestly shocked it hasn't happened sooner. Halo was BR-ready with the first entry, in terms of gameplay fundamentals.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't Halo always had a BR mode? Play Slayer with no revival as an option

This is within the Xbox business plan.

Basically, since third party games would become direct competitors once Series X dies out, Xbox as a future third party studio needed to replicate existing third party game generes to try and fight for the same GaaS market. I am not sure what is surprising about it, other than how long it took them.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
man this just looked like a bad translation. people need to stop this.
We are at the stage where a community manager is denying battle royale and people are calling it PR.
"nothing related to BR is is the works for Infinite" reads like something employee would say + you have halo in your profile

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
I think BR typically has three aspects that define it...

- A shrinking map
- Loot
- One life
So they are only missing the shrinking map part at the moment. But I get what you are saying though, Slayer isn't remotely the same as a proper BR game

Kev Kev

I think BR typically has three aspects that define it...

- A shrinking map
- Loot
- One life
then why are people so upset about it having this mode? sounds like itll just be another playlist? whats the big deal? sorry i havent played online shooters in years so i dont know if this is a new standard or whatever

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
then why are people so upset about it having this mode? sounds like itll just be another playlist? whats the big deal? sorry i havent played online shooters in years so i dont know if this is a new standard or whatever

In my opinion? The internet has become the player haters ball (Chapelle Show sketch) and Battle Royale is popular so...

tenor.gif

The games industry would be better off without them.

AceofJakes

People who think infinite won't have BR are crazy.

It'll have it in the first 6 months of release if its not there day one.

Top Bottom