• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite - Power Your Dreams! Correction: Halo Infinite Created IN Dreams

Vawn

Banned
It looks like someone is already working on creating Halo Infinite (or some interpretation of it) in Sony's Dreams.

dreams-halo.jpg

3BRqTictL44rLbSoirfma9-320-80.jpg

halo-infinite-playstation-4-possibile-dreams-v3-460137-720x720.jpg

Is Microsoft going to pull a Nintendo and shut this down? Or will they be smart and use it as free advertising?

Do they have any need to be upset?

Last edited:

Doczu

Whats with all the Halo craze those last few days? Xbox bros salty their (supposedly) Halo killer got meme'd to oblivion?

Zoro7

Banned
How does something that was made in another game by one person look better than a game that's been in development for years with a team of 500. Blows my mind.

Whats with all the Halo craze those last few days? Xbox bros salty their (supposedly) Halo killer got meme'd to oblivion?
Halo just so happens to be a gigantic game with a gigantic following, even the ones like yourself who hate on it can’t seem to get enough of it lately. Xbox fans like it regardless of graphics and love the look of the gameplay, that’s all that really matters.

As our main man Craig would say, No need to be upset 😂

How does something that was made in another game by one person look better than a game that's been in development for years with a team of 500. Blows my mind.
Because A) it’s using the graphics engine of a pre-existing game (dreams) B) it’s literally barebones compared to what Halo actually is, that is thousands of textures to load, full maps to load, billions of lines of actual code etc.

To actually compare the two seriously, you must be brainless.

Doczu

Halo just so happens to be a gigantic game with a gigantic following, even the ones like yourself who hate on it can’t seem to get enough of it lately. Xbox fans like it regardless of graphics and love the look of the gameplay, that’s all that really matters.

As our main man Craig would say, No need to be upset 😂
Going by how you try to insult me i probably told you to say hi to your mom when i moped the floor with you during the Halo 2 days. That or you were too young to play the game anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️
Not my fault a shitload of Xbros are just salty their flagship title got a crackwhore celebrity comeback, together with the shitty make-up and promises this time it'll be for good. 343 ain't got what it takes. It's tasty to see how the #1 meme topic is Halo.

This looks really good. I attended Vertex in London earlier this year and one of the talks was about Dreams engine. One of the creators went in depth about how it works and the potential for creating stunning things using their technology, in and outside of gaming. The takeaway is it's a way of rendering that requires orders of magnitude less memory (iirc), so you can create bonkers things on a PS4 that wouldn't be possible using traditional rendering methods.

Zoro7

Banned
Because A) it’s using the graphics engine of a pre-existing game (dreams) B) it’s literally barebones compared to what Halo actually is, that is thousands of textures to load, full maps to load, billions of lines of actual code etc.

To actually compare the two seriously, you must be brainless.
Insult all you want mate. This was done by one man. No need to be sad.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Nah more PlayStation bros with there salty posts about a game they supposed dont care about or will ever play 💁

Psykodad

Banned
Nah more PlayStation bros with there salty posts about a game they supposed dont care about or will ever play 💁
What do you mean? I'm gonna play Halo Infinite in Dreams. Already got Dreams installed, ready to go. I want to see them graphics in VR. 😎

CamHostage

The responses got off on the wrong foot, but very simply, this just isn't a game; it isn't Halo. It's a gate shape, it's some terrain and a sky box of sorts, it's a gun model, and it's some background stacks off in the distance, all dressed up with Dreams' GI and some surface and particle effects. There's no interactivity, no AI, no player mechanics beyond the camera control, none of the complications that weigh upon game design, and really not much more to it but what you see. This Disarm guy does amazing work, and Dreams is stunning software, but it's really not helpful to compare the two. Funny as a meme, I guess, but not helpful.

(Also, this appears to be a modification of his "Photorealistic Forest" project that he's been working on for 3 months, which is how it got made so fast after the Xbox show. But Disarm does a crazy amount of work in Dreams and LBP, it's all worth checking out.)

This looks really good. I attended Vertex in London earlier this year and one of the talks was about Dreams engine. One of the creators went in depth about how it works and the potential for creating stunning things using their technology, in and outside of gaming. The takeaway is it's a way of rendering that requires orders of magnitude less memory (iirc), so you can create bonkers things on a PS4 that wouldn't be possible using traditional rendering methods.

Yeah, I'm really curious how "Dreams 2.0" will turn out in PS5. The current version has some clever ways of hiding limitations for designers, and when I see people building like a visual demo (I am not in the least bit skilled enough to try any of this myself!), at the time it almost looks like there's no stopping a designer aside from just time from making something look as realistic and detailed as they want. So would a PS5 improve resolution? "World" size? Physics/interactivity?

A Dreams project does tend to have a certain look to it (which is true somewhat of any game engine, although Dreams' particular method of their weird voxels or froxels or "Dreamxels" or whatever they're doing), and especially these visual tours like the Photorealistic Forest and the 'Unreal Engine 5 in Dreams", the visuals kind of get smoothed out on Youtube and hide the fuzzy extruded voxels and other chunky bits. They look simultaneously more and also less impressive on real hardware (it's fun to break out of the viewer and see what's actually in there, although doing the same thing in a real game also shows all the "western town" facades used in real game design too.) Dreams apparently uses a lot of unconventional and even abandoned techniques that developers "don't do" in regular games, usually for reasonable reasons (especially with modern graphics cards designed for pushing around polygons and layering on textures; if you're interested in digging into the mysteries of Dreams tech, try reading through Alex Evans' 2015 SIGGRAPH deck talking about Dreams.) I'm not sure if/what PlayStation 5 will let Dreams do new things with this unusual tech, or if that power will be used primarily to enhance what Dreams already has dreamed up?

Last edited:
Going by how you try to insult me i probably told you to say hi to your mom when i moped the floor with you during the Halo 2 days. That or you were too young to play the game anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️
Not my fault a shitload of Xbros are just salty their flagship title got a crackwhore celebrity comeback, together with the shitty make-up and promises this time it'll be for good. 343 ain't got what it takes. It's tasty to see how the #1 meme topic is Halo.
Console wars is serious biznez.

GymWolf

Well... Yeah it kinda is.
Hey, i'm trying to stay in shape with my banter - i'm sure my kid will play one day and i need to be able to rekt him and tell him through mic i fuck his mom 🤷🏻‍♂️
Lol i kinda like your cocky style dude :lollipop_squinting:

JonnyMP3

Well... Yeah it kinda is.
Hey, i'm trying to stay in shape with my banter - i'm sure my kid will play one day and i need to be able to rekt him and tell him through mic i fuck his mom 🤷🏻‍♂️
I did that to my kid! Although Minecraft probably wasn't the correct genre to trash talk.
Plants vs Zombies though... That lil bitch is mine!

Actually it's the reverse it seems. You're trying to imply i'm young and juvenile because i said brainless but i don't even have to say anything, you're comment shows you're just an immature juvenile without me doing anything really. The only people i see truly hating on it are people who dont like Xbox or Halo to begin with, which is pretty funny. If you really are older than me then i feel embarrased for you.

I'm happy with it. Yes it could be better visually but that says nothing about the quality of the story or the gameplay itself. It will be improved over the next few months before release and they are adding ray tracing support later. Fine by me, let them take their time as long as they do it right.

I'm glad Halo is able to make people laugh in all honesty, let it be a meme. Seems like you're the one that needs to be told not to be upset :messenger_tears_of_joy: You seem personally offended by Halo Infinites existence and gives me a good laugh.

Vawn

Banned
I'm happy with it. Yes it could be better visually but that says nothing about the quality of the story or the gameplay itself. It will be improved over the next few months before release and they are adding ray tracing support later. Fine by me, let them take their time as long as they do it right.

It releases in a few months. It looks like it looks.

It releases in a few months. It looks like it looks.

That's the part that bugs me most. If this demo was shown a couple of years ago then you could say that they will improve it alot. But with so little time left I don't think they can improve it alot.

Top Bottom