• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Teaser Got 2 Million Views, 81K Likes, 24K Retweets in 8 Hours

jimbojim

Banned
You are just guessing here on how it did. Microsoft said it sold on par with other Halo instalments, so unless they lied to Pachter or Pachter lied to the public, you are wrong and Halo is still a huge IP that people love. Which is why this super small voice clip already has 2.6 million views.

Patcher said, not Microsoft. Same as insider can say - source said to me....

But you're not guessing. Right. I'm just want to use some logic if Halo 5 surpassed 10 mil. copies sold it's above average, not on par and Xbox surely would say something about it and not through Patcher.

Last edited:

showernota

I'll probably buy every Halo game they make for the rest of forever, but 4 and 5 are the only entries where I played the campaign once and never wanted to play through them again.

MP was a lot of fun, but I haven't been invested in an online shooter since Halo 3.

Dolomite

Besides Halo, The only game I e literally heard people buy a console just to play is GTA.

Maybe BoTW but at that point I feel like u were getting a switch regardless, which is dope

The Alien

Banned
I can't tell if this thread is satire in a response to all the attention Sony's been getting with certain Sony reveals such as the console and game trailers reaching big numbers on social media. So I'm not sure if this is Xbox fans saying "here look, look we-we can do it too! We made a number!"
Nah...its all of it.

Dont care about how "banger" of a logo reveal Sony had per Instagram likes.

Dont care about the # of retweets for Halo's mystery message.

I refuse to get hyped by Twitter or IG.
Gimme good ol' fashion sales or engagement.

"No one like Halo anymore."
Keep telling yourself that.

Look both Sony and Nintendo still have zero competition to the Halo franchise, even after all these years. Its a viable system seller.

H5 had its major issues - I have a feeling this new entry is going to right the ship.
I hope you mean in terms of shooters, cause If you're not, you sound like a crazy person. Sony/Nintendo certainly don't have their own FPS game that is on the level of Halo.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Patcher said, not Microsoft. Same as insider can say - source said to me....

But you're not guessing. Right. I'm just want to use some logic if Halo 5 surpassed 10 mil. copies sold it's above average, not on par and Xbox surely would say something about it and not through Patcher.
Well if you are above average then you are on par with "all" installments, right? Otherwise they would've said it's on par with Halo 3 specifically.
Also I'm not sure why Microsoft would say anything if they passed 10mil. It's still less than Spider-Man for example.

I don't think that the new abilities ruin the game, neither did the Halo 3 equipments, although neither is great.
The problems of Halo 4 and 5 are the core gameplay, enemies (mechanics and AI) and the scale.
I hope they fix it, then they can add as many new items, abilities, weapons, enemies, and, hopefully, new cool mechanics as well.

personally im not interested in SP so im not sure how the abilities played out in campaign but most of them are cheap in MP.

I remember Halo MP as a game of skill and awareness. I remember actually thinking while playing.

Stuff like sprint with spartan charge really incentivizes rushing in at enemies with zero thought. I just prefer a MP that is slower paced and skilled.

Wimbledon

This guy lays my thoughts out on what I believe the MP for Halo infinite should be like.

I don't like enhanced mobility don't much care for it. Too me 343i fails in the multiplayer department if it's still there.

The story for halo infinite can be fantastic, but if that multiplayer is bad there's is going to be a shitstorm.

Last edited:

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I'm hoping for a simple, action-packed story, fantastic levels, great bosses and fun enemies. Using the Banished (brutes) and having a badass brute boss Atriox bodes well. If they show a trailer in July and it's hitting on all cylinders, I might actually Halo-fanboy out a bit, which hasn't happened since Reach.

SpartanN92

Banned
Guys I’d say let’s temper our expectations regarding Atriox. I do not think he will appear in this game other than maybe a brief cameo or transmission.
If memory serves me right he is trapped outside the galaxy on the Ark.
Halo Installation 07 while very far away from Earth is still in our Galaxy and even further away from the Ark.

Atriox has no slip space capable vessels right now, neither does Captain Cutter, and the portal to Earth is closed. Unless he gets control of a Guardian or pulls a rabbit out of a hat, I doubt he will actually appear in the game in a meaningful way other than a Darth Sideous style hologram.

Last edited:

J____Av

"No one like Halo anymore."
Keep telling yourself that.

Look both Sony and Nintendo still have zero competition to the Halo franchise, even after all these years. Its a viable system seller.

H5 had its major issues - I have a feeling this new entry is going to right the ship.

Based on what? Does anyone have any faith in 343?

And didn't Sony have like 5 games this gen that sold as well or better than the best selling Halo ever? Nintendo has a bunch of games that sell better than Halo too. Sounds like system sellers to me

stickkidsam

And didn't Sony have like 5 games this gen that sold as well or better than the best selling Halo ever? Nintendo has a bunch of games that sell better than Halo too. Sounds like system sellers to me
Sony and Nintendo have plenty of games to contend with no doubt.

Halo is however still one of the most recognizable IPs around (even these days) and if 343 can actually nail Infinite, may return as the King of shooters. Considering Halo 5 had such solid multiplayer gameplay (albeit lacking in some areas that make Halo unique), I think it's fair to give them one last shot.

Beli343.

#butts

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member

The numbers of Halo are even more impressive when you look at the install base, which is what you should be doing if you really want to compare it with Sony.

octiny

Banned
Are people still trying to act like Halo 5 didn't sell a lot? They sold 5+ million copies within 90 days on a console with only a 15 million install base at the time. Nearly 1 in every 3 people bought it.

People seem to forget past or current install base when talking game sales these days for exclusives. Going by percentages, Halo 5 was insanely impressive.

Guys I’d say let’s temper our expectations regarding Atriox. I do not think he will appear in this game other than maybe a brief cameo or transmission.
Halo Installation 07 while very far away from Earth is still in our Galaxy and even further away from the Ark.

Atriox has no slip space capable vessels right now, neither does Captain Cutter, and the portal to Earth is closed. Unless he gets control of a Guardian or pulls a rabbit out of a hat, I doubt he will actually appear in the game in a meaningful way other than a Darth Sideous style hologram.
I don't see how they can get away with doing the banished without Atriox, he is the sole reason that faction is so interesting. I think they will make whatever story reason needed to bring him back.

D.Final

Banned

ISRP7UH.png

The Hype is real

But when they gave us a date for the July event?

Sony

Nintendo

This guy lays my thoughts out on what I believe the MP for Halo infinite should be like.

I don't like enhanced mobility don't much care for it. Too me 343i fails in the multiplayer department if it's still there.

The story for halo infinite can be fantastic, but if that multiplayer is bad there's is going to be a shitstorm.

Some hate Halo 5's MP, I think it's the best in the series. This is very subjective. The Halo community is split in a group that likes the enhaced mobility (such as myself) and a group that doesn't like it. They will never be able to please everyone.

clarky

Gold Member
Some hate Halo 5's MP, I think it's the best in the series. This is very subjective. The Halo community is split in a group that likes the enhaced mobility (such as myself) and a group that doesn't like it. They will never be able to please everyone.
Agreed. I love Arena myself. Going back to MCC is really difficult.

JimiNutz

Banned
I'm definitely in the camp that though Halo 5 MP was fantastic and arguably the best in the series.

For me personally Halo gameplay has never felt better. It was fast and fluid with incredible feeling gunplay. I understand why some people didn't enjoy all of the new Spartan abilities but it was cool to actually feel like a genetically enhanced super human fighting in armour that essentially turns you into a fighter jet on legs. I loved the Spartan chatter and sound design as well, especially with headphones.

It wasn't perfect but I think it's a really solid foundation to build upon.

stickkidsam

I'm definitely in the camp that though Halo 5 MP was fantastic and arguably the best in the series.

For me personally Halo gameplay has never felt better. It was fast and fluid with incredible feeling gunplay. I understand why some people didn't enjoy all of the new Spartan abilities but it was cool to actually feel like a genetically enhanced super human fighting in armour that essentially turns you into a fighter jet on legs. I loved the Spartan chatter and sound design as well, especially with headphones.

It wasn't perfect but I think it's a really solid foundation to build upon.
I love Halo 5's gameplay for the way it adds more abilities to the players kit while keeping everyone on even ground, but Chris put it in a way I hadn't thought of before.

I've always felt that the weakest part of 343's output has been their BTB/Vehicle combat and I think Chris nailed a major reason for it. While Halo 5's Arena modes have some neat additions to Halo, the game really gives no incentive to use vehicles and weapons have genuinely lost a lot of what made them unique before. I see very little variety in weapon use when I play Halo 5 and it's kind of a bummer when ya get down to it.

Perhaps Halo Infinite can marry the concepts of player power and map/weapon/vehicle power but343 need to bring back their utility to the players ability and not just their damage. Halo really stands to lose a lot of what makes it special if they can't.

XboxFan

Banned
This thread has nothing to do with PlayStation and we suggest you not attempt to start console wars as you settle into the community.
Regarding the thread, serious question, am I supposed to be impressed? There's been like a dozen playstation exclusives in the last couple months alone that have all gotten more then 100k likes and 40k retweets

Xbox is trending ground that Playstation already has. Good numbers for Xbox. But not good in comparison to Playstation. Thats just facts and reality

Halo Infinite will be the biggest "exclusive" this holiday season by an order of magnitude. Its arrival will blot out the sun.

Haters, start figuring out your next talking points.

Boy oh boy are the fanboys in for a rude awakening.

Halo 5 was outsold by Spiderman, Horizon, God of War, Uncharted 4, among many others.

Halo isnt competition anymore. Halo can't even compete with 1st person shooters in its own genre anymore

I would be willing to bet anything over PayPal that Spiderman OUTSELLS Halo Infinite in the fall. Anyone up for the bet? I'm dead serious

Last edited:

Lloyd22

Regarding the thread, serious question, am I supposed to be impressed? There's been like a dozen playstation exclusives in the last couple months alone that have all gotten more then 100k likes and 40k retweets

Xbox is trending ground that Playstation already has. Good numbers for Xbox. But not good in comparison to Playstation. Thats just facts and reality

Halo 5 was outsold by Spiderman, Horizon, God of War, Uncharted 4, among many others.

Halo isnt competition anymore. Halo can't even compete with 1st person shooters in its own genre anymore

I would be willing to bet anything over PayPal that Spiderman OUTSELLS Halo Infinite in the fall. Anyone up for the bet? I'm dead serious
Halo Infinite will outsell Halo 5 for sure, the marketing is stronger than last halo, the sells will increase if reviews are high.

jimbojim

Banned
Also I'm not sure why Microsoft would say anything if they passed 10mil.

Why they wouldn't? After all, PlayStation isn't their competition they say. And Spidey came out 3 years later after Halo 5. 10 mil. sold surely is bigger than 3.3 and MS surely could made some PR spin. Surely MS would say something about sold numbers, not hiding behind Patcher. 10 mil. sold is above average compared to other Halos, not on par and i'm pretty sure MS would scream that out loud officially.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
I love Halo 5's gameplay for the way it adds more abilities to the players kit while keeping everyone on even ground, but Chris put it in a way I hadn't thought of before.

I've always felt that the weakest part of 343's output has been their BTB/Vehicle combat and I think Chris nailed a major reason for it. While Halo 5's Arena modes have some neat additions to Halo, the game really gives no incentive to use vehicles and weapons have genuinely lost a lot of what made them unique before. I see very little variety in weapon use when I play Halo 5 and it's kind of a bummer when ya get down to it.

Perhaps Halo Infinite can marry the concepts of player power and map/weapon/vehicle power but343 need to bring back their utility to the players ability and not just their damage. Halo really stands to lose a lot of what makes it special if they can't.

These are fair points.
I mostly played Arena with a squad of four and didn't really play many modes with vehicles. I don't remember the vehicles being particularly bad when I played Warzone but I also didn't play Warzone that often because I enjoyed Arena so much.

I do agree though, Halo does definitely shine when it's more than just basic team slayer and weapon/vehicle variety is a big element of keeping the gameplay fresh.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

I think they need to remove Warzone as well. Splitting resources between modes clearly took a bit to the overall output of quality maps.

clarky

Gold Member

I will absolutely take that bet. Lets say a year of PS plus vs a year of gold? Most sold by jan 1st?

Just to be clear we are talking about the PS5 version of spiderman MM vs Halo infinite all platforms?

Can we bet on getting you banned ? For trying to start a flame war? How about that one? I'll be nice, don't need your filthy money. ;)

I also think your name is an obvious cover up to hide your true identity. Fucking snake lol.

Last edited:

Everything anyone says right now is fantasy, but it's fun to come up with ideas before we get the official word from 343. It's great to see people tossing ideas at the wall.

Atriox has no slip-space capable ships with him at the Ark according to canon. The Enduring Conviction was bisected by drones, but Atriox also had several Corvette class ships at the Ark which can enter slip-space. The problem is the portal they used to get to the Ark is disabled and their own ships don't have the energy to generate a slip-space bubble that would carry them all the way back to the Milky Way galaxy.

They at the end of Halo Wars 2 are indeed stranded, but the Ark can bring ships to it through slip-space which is exactly what it did to the Spirit of Fire. I assume Atriox also used one of the slip-space bubbles generated by Forerunner technology to reach the Ark as no Covenant or UNSC Vessel, even a super carrier like the Long Night of Solace was only capable of inter-galaxy slip-space travel. The only vessel the Covenant has possession of that could make the trip to the Ark under it's own power was the Forerunner Dreadnaught (Keyship) that powered High Charity.

If it can do that there's no reason to assume either Cutter's crew or the Banished can't gain control of that mechanism and escape.

What you said does make sense though in context of the message in the teaser. Perhaps the Banished assume Atriox was lost when the slip-space bubble leading to the Ark was disabled and that's why the voice on the recording refers to their actions as executing his will.

Well I'm even more excited now. Thanks :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I'm excited at the potential Halo Infinite has. Moreso, I'm interested to see what sort of direction they move the series in. Will it be more akin to a Destiny-flavoured experience with large play-spaces and secrets and quests to do. Or will it be a more focused campaign more in line with what we know and love.

My main concerns actually stem from the ability to deliver this experience as I simply don't think 343i have the capability to match those early Bungie entries.

Still, with a massive marketing campaign and Game Pass behind it, I do think it will do gangbusters. Expect to see MS touting those MAU's upon launch!

The hunger for another Halo will always be massive. It's a huge franchise and I hope 343i can deliver a truly excellent game.

July reveal cannot come quickly enough.

Based on what weve seen so far. Art direction, music, sounds, all look and sound like more traditional Halo so far. Fact that the banished are in too also brings in a more traditional enemy, the brutes. I even like the pilot from trailer2. So character development already seems better than 5.

We havent seen much, but everything ive seen so far has given me hope.

SpartanN92

Banned
Everything anyone says right now is fantasy, but it's fun to come up with ideas before we get the official word from 343. It's great to see people tossing ideas at the wall.

Atriox has no slip-space capable ships with him at the Ark according to canon. The Enduring Conviction was bisected by drones, but Atriox also had several Corvette class ships at the Ark which can enter slip-space. The problem is the portal they used to get to the Ark is disabled and their own ships don't have the energy to generate a slip-space bubble that would carry them all the way back to the Milky Way galaxy.

They at the end of Halo Wars 2 are indeed stranded, but the Ark can bring ships to it through slip-space which is exactly what it did to the Spirit of Fire. I assume Atriox also used one of the slip-space bubbles generated by Forerunner technology to reach the Ark as no Covenant or UNSC Vessel, even a super carrier like the Long Night of Solace was only capable of inter-galaxy slip-space travel. The only vessel the Covenant has possession of that could make the trip to the Ark under it's own power was the Forerunner Dreadnaught (Keyship) that powered High Charity.

If it can do that there's no reason to assume either Cutter's crew or the Banished can't gain control of that mechanism and escape.

What you said does make sense though in context of the message in the teaser. Perhaps the Banished assume Atriox was lost when the slip-space bubble leading to the Ark was disabled and that's why the voice on the recording refers to their actions as executing his will.

I had to pull a few details from WAYYYY back in my memory. I only played Halo Wars 2 the one time. Thanks for tidying that up.

Jigga117

I love when people post shit like this. Go deep with the Canon especially since I have read the first novel before Halo launched with the Fall of Reach

Andodalf

Banned
I think they need to remove Warzone as well. Splitting resources between modes clearly took a bit to the overall output of quality maps.

I’d love to see a return of Invasion, Several of those maps worked really well for BTB, so it wouldn’t have to be wasted work

stickkidsam

I’d love to see a return of Invasion, Several of those maps worked really well for BTB, so it wouldn’t have to be wasted work
Imagine 12 v 12 invasion without stupid fucking power weapon spam from dumb fucking cards made necessary by ass bleedingly shit microtransaction schemes.

Man that's something I'd play forever.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
343 continued to push Halo and Masterchief's message after Bungie left,

it's safe to say Halo is the BIGGEST FPS of all time.

Codes 208

Seems like a stretch honestly. I mean it’s still possible since the banished were directly fighting the flood.

but the “you see these random lines that look like flood tentacles?” just sounds like grade A halofollower conspiracy theory.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

So I'm supposed to care that a YouTube or Instagram algorithm pushed this to people's home pages? I'm a big Xbox fan, yet I fail to see the relevance of these threads. I cannot believe they show interest, they show the effectiveness of algorithms that these companies run. They show gaming stuff to people that like games.

iJudged

Banned
How does this compare the PS5 logo reveal or the PS5 controller reveal? Idk the numbers but I know it got a lot of attention quick.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm supposed to care that a YouTube or Instagram algorithm pushed this to people's home pages? I'm a big Xbox fan, yet I fail to see the relevance of these threads. I cannot believe they show interest, they show the effectiveness of algorithms that these companies run. They show gaming stuff to people that like games.
It's a parody topic that turned serious :pie_grinning_sweat:

Top Bottom