• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Master Chief Collection: H1-4. H2 full remaster. 1080p60. $59.99 Nov 11 Xbox One

Halo PC contained several new features that the Xbox version of Halo lacked, namely the ability to play the game in "Safe Mode." However, Safe Mode was not necessary for the Xbox version because the Xbox has a standard graphics card and does not slow down. The game comes with several exclusive multiplayer additions such as the six new multiplayer maps which are Timberland, Death Island, Gephyrophobia, Danger Canyon, Ice Fields and Infinity, discarded weapons from the Xbox version which are the Fuel Rod Gun and Flamethrower and vehicles such as the Banshees and Rocket Warthog.

Someone start a petition .
I want all this exlucisve stuff from Halo 1 on this game.

Need the Banshee. Need Gephyrophobia.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
i did, but i got the impression that this was the introduction cutscene for the mc collection (frankie talked about it on ign).

Nope. The piece today was a bridge between h2 and h5. It wasn't just fluff though

Spartan Ops is in.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
unfortunately one person isn't enough.

Enough people would buy a stand alone Reach remaster to be worthwhile. Including ODST and Halo Wars would make it a no brainer for 90% of Halo fans.

A ton of people loved Halo Reaches and ODST's campaigns, and plenty of people liked Reaches multiplayer too. Not as many. But enough to warrant a remaster.

Hell, Metro 2033 has a remaster, and you are saying Reach, ODST and Halo Wars in one pack would do worse?

It's in the game, you could see the option in the IGN demo.

Frankie's back around so I hope he can confirm, but it looked like it showed up on the IGN stream in the H4 menu.

Spartan Ops is in.

izMn256CBPzZx.gif

Thanks. Now somebody get somebody to high five David Ellis and crew for me :)

Frankie let the cat out of the bag on the IGN livestream i think.

And this is different. Halo 2 was on PC. So why not halo 2 anniversary? There were also those steam listings for Halo 3 on PC in the past.

I'm calling that this collection never comes to PC. Sorry. PM if I'm wrong. I love throwbacks and it would make for a good chuckle.

Flintty

I really hope that their won't be any multiplayer related achievements.
Day one.

Same here, I despise multiplayer achievements :(

Except the Titanfall ones because, well. I just don't like feeling forced online when I got the game for campaign (Tomb Raider!!!)

Chitown B

Enough people would buy a stand alone Reach remaster to be worthwhile. Including ODST and Halo Wars would make it a no brainer for 90% of Halo fans.

A ton of people loved Halo Reaches and ODST's campaigns, and plenty of people liked Reaches multiplayer too. Not as many. But enough to warrant a remaster.

Hell, Metro 2033 has a remaster, and you are saying Reach, ODST and Halo Wars in one pack would do worse?

ODST looks fine, and I think was free recently. I know Halo Wars was free - and that company is gone. Reach had an OK campaign, but the MP was awful should go away.

Every multiplayer map ever released, including DLC. and online multiplayer for 1 and 2?

mother of god. this game.

none of the PC exclusives though

Halo PC contained several new features that the Xbox version of Halo lacked, namely the ability to play the game in "Safe Mode." However, Safe Mode was not necessary for the Xbox version because the Xbox has a standard graphics card and does not slow down. The game comes with several exclusive multiplayer additions such as the six new multiplayer maps which are Timberland, Death Island, Gephyrophobia, Danger Canyon, Ice Fields and Infinity, discarded weapons from the Xbox version which are the Fuel Rod Gun and Flamethrower and vehicles such as the Banshees and Rocket Warthog.

That's basically half of the Halo 1 multiplay experience

rip safe mode

People love arby. There is one more V/O Easter egg hidden in today's shenanigans

Halo 3 and 4 had some type of none skill based exp system is that used in the collection and are all weapons unlocked when you play the halo 4 maps? Also in the Ign bit certain playlists had some games exclude like Rumble pit doesn't have Halo 1 and halo 3 it's just 4 and 2 , why is that?

JackHerer

Pre rendered but switchable to og real-time. H2 forge is a thing.

Any chance of their being a forge focused map like Foundry, the forge worlds, etc. for Halo 2? Essentially will be be a way we can have user generated maps in the Halo 2 engine or will it just be mostly for moving objects and placing weapons?

JackHerer

60 FPS Ascension was awesome!

Hope Midship and Lockout get the HD treatment.

I also wonder what kind of, if any post-launch support there will be for this. What are the chanced of them releasing DLC of more remakes for the special Xbox One engine they are using for the 6 H2A maps?

6 maps seems to be a very small number to build for a brand new game engine.

mcrommert

Banned
The Amazon listing was a mistake then?

That's basically half of the Halo 1 multiplay experience

Where did they confirm no pc maps?

Top Bottom