• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Master Chief Collection: H1-4. H2 full remaster. 1080p60. $59.99 Nov 11 Xbox One

tdrdrgn

surprised they didn't announce the price at the conference. thought for sure that meant it was going to be more expensive. glad that's not the case.

soldat7

Amazing. I will now purchase an Xbox One.

My only reservation is with the ability to veto. I've always, always, hated that in multiplayer games. Shy of a lobby where I can pick what I want to play and the map I want to play it on, vetoing is terrible.

Arc

Time to buy an Xbox One. I could not be more excited that Halo 2's multiplayer will not be CoDified like Halo 4 was.

Moofers

Could we get a little detail in the OP? I didn't get to watch the conference, and Twitter has been super vague. It sounds like all the maps from Halo 1-4 are included and you can play Halo 1 or 2 multiplayer? What about 3 and 4? And can you play 1 or 2 on any/all maps?

Details, please!

Cincaid

Jeff Gerstmann made it sound like it might hit PC as well (on the Giant Bomb stream). When MS demoed it to him, he saw a "move mouse cursor to gain control" (or something like that), but when the demo person picked up the controller the text changed to "move left stick to gain control."

Might be nothing, but who knows.

E92 M3

I was almost right about that they would show MP with Lockout except it was Ascension. I almost cried seeing Halo 2 MP again -- man the memories. CANT fucking wait.

BibiMaghoo

That is fine, nothing wrong with that. Any more would have been a piss take, but standard price for a new game is spot on for that much old content.

Thermite

I'm excited, but having all three games have online multiplayer is a wacky decision. The playerbase is going to be spread way too thin to support healthy populations for each game.

soldat7

In a month, all of the game's multiplayer will drop to below 5k players. In a year you will be glad if you will find a match in any of the games.

Buy this for the campaign, not for the multi, since that will die instantly, look at Halo anniversary, it's multiplayer was dead in two months.

Halo 2 dude, Halo 2.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Halo Master Chief Collection Announced via Xbox E3 Game On press conference.

Over 100 multiplayer maps, every map in the series to date.

Halo's 1-4 remastered in HD with Halo Nightfall videos included. Includes Halo 5: Guardians Beta

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxuUVJUcv7I

My last console was the Gamecube over ten years ago, but I may just have to buy an Xbox1 for this. And I'm not even kidding.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Ithoguht it was only Halo 2 remastered?

The way they made it sound like, it's this:

Halo live action thing
Halo 5 beta
Halo 1 through 4
Halo 2 remastered
Halo 2 MP with all Halo 1, 2, 3, and 4 maps.

So essentially, it's a Halo collection with a 2 remake (including all maps from the other games)

amnesiac

Question. Only Halo 2's multiplayer mode will retain the original style, while the 100+ maps mode will use Halo 4's style?

Cels

In a month, all of the game's multiplayer will drop to below 5k players. In a year you will be glad if you will find a match in any of the games.

Buy this for the campaign, not for the multi, since that will die instantly, look at Halo anniversary, it's multiplayer was dead in two months.

CEA had reach multiplayer which was a very mixed bag and had already been out for a year before that

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
This is some insane stuff, I am having hard time believing it all.
MY GOD

Arc

Halo CE Anniversary's MP was a playlist in Reach. And this is Halo 2 we're talking about. I wouldn't worry about the MP population.

KalBalboa

Banned
Thanks for posting random links, my point still stands, Sony is ripping off consumers by pricing TLoU at $60.

There's nothing random about it: Sony's delivered countless collections where you get 3-5 games for $40-$50. They've done good by consumers plenty in the collection territory. Chill.

TLOU is a year old and is including a bunch of DLC and noteworthy upgrades. People were still buying the PS3 version for $40, for crying out loud. But thanks for trying to console-war-up this thread.

Top Bottom