• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Master Chief Collection: H1-4. H2 full remaster. 1080p60. $59.99 Nov 11 Xbox One

th4tguy

Ithoguht it was only Halo 2 remastered?

The way they made it sound like, it's this:

Halo live action thing
Halo 5 beta
Halo 1 through 4
Halo 2 remastered
Halo 2 MP with all Halo 1, 2, 3, and 4 maps.

So essentially, it's a Halo collection with a 2 remake (including all maps from the other games)

I didn't get the impression that Halo 2 multiplayer was able to use the other games maps. Just that the other games multiplayer modes would have access to their own past maps.

Sec0nd

This is fucking ridiculous. I've never loved a game as much as I did Halo 2 and a bit of Halo 3. In-fucking-sane! Guess I'll be buying a Xbox One this November...

If the friends I used to play Halo with still played Halo, I would buy an XB1 for this.

As it stands now, though...neat stuff, I hope people enjoy it.

mcz117chief

Halo CE Anniversary's MP was a playlist in Reach. And this is Halo 2 we're talking about. I wouldn't worry about the MP population.

I know it was and it still was completely ignored. I do hope the game does well, I really do, I am a huge fan of Halo, but every CoD or Battlefield will steal a massive chunk of the multiplayer population plus smaller chunks with almost every other game. I just can't see this game being as popular as it was during the glory days of Halo 2 and 3.

sweet mother of god yes. So many things done right in one fell swoop. Good work 343.

Also, fucking thrilled to see hear the Arbiter again in that trailer for H2A. Keith David is back!!! Trailer gives me great hope that the Arbiter will be taking a more visible and central role within the games again.

Also just noticed Amazon has pre-order up as available for Xbox 360 as well and it says "by Microtek"....

.... The hell, Amazon?

antigoon

This is already an insta-buy for me and a system seller, but if it has the original Halo multiplayer I might just die.

bastian

Banned
Still unanswered questions.

Is Halo 3 doing the same original/re done engine thing, like Halo 1/2.
Apparently Halo 2's cutscenes are being done by Blur Studios. Whoa, whoa, does that mean the original cutscenes either in the original engine or redone engine are not included and we are getting pre-rendered shit?

Toxi

Banned
Holy sheeeeeeeet. Dedicated servers and everything.

I want this so bad, but the Beast calls me to the PS4. Glad to see Microsoft doing this, it looks like an incredible treat for Halo fans and it shows Microsoft recognizes how much the franchise matters even after recent issues with the series.

My best friend is probably frothing at the mouth right now.

Pagusas

Elden Member
sounds great, but Halo 3 is going to look very ugly if its just the strait game. Say what you will about 343, but they made Halo (graphically speaking) shine compared to Bungie's efforts.

I'm excited, but having all three games have online multiplayer is a wacky decision. The playerbase is going to be spread way too thin to support healthy populations for each game.

According to the Gamespot article, you go into a hopper and play across games. So you might play a game on Halo 3's High Ground, followed immediately by a game on Halo 2's Relic, etc., all in the same playlist. Because everything's on one disc and hosted on dedi's, the whole experience should be seamless. Just one population for the whole thing, not 4 populations for 4 games.

Enthus

Halo 5 will have no multiplayer life now lol.

Cool collection, but selling me games I had fun with 13 to 7 years ago isn't enough for me to buy your console. Also, not interested in giving any money for Halo 4.

So they're pandering by keeping the shitty unbalanced parts of Halo 2 around? Yeah, no thanks.

Disappointing, but not unexpected.

Booties

Banned
According to the Gamespot article, you go into a hopper and play across games. So you might play a game on Halo 3's High Ground, followed immediately by a game on Halo 2's Relic, etc., all in the same playlist. Because everything's on one disc and hosted on dedi's, the whole experience should be seamless. Just one population for the whole thing, not 4 populations for 4 games.

That sounds awful. People can't even keep track of the differences in Reach between zero bloom, reduced bloom, and full bloom playlists. There was also different movement speeds and weapon settings. How is this a good thing?

Then there are like 5 different slayer settings in halo 4. This is nuts.

E92 M3

In a month, all of the game's multiplayer will drop to below 5k players. In a year you will be glad if you will find a match in any of the games.

Buy this for the campaign, not for the multi, since that will die instantly, look at Halo anniversary, it's multiplayer was dead in two months.

That's the only thing I'm worried about - but by golly even if I have it for a month, Halo 2 MP will be played.

Good luck finding a game in playlist you want to play on the game you want to play when the playerbase is spread thin as fuck across three different games.

It's not three separate games, you all matchmake together, then the map from a game comes up and it loads you all into that game. The only separation is for each match.

FourDoor

Help us digital download only folks here! I refuse to buy discs for the XBOX One and need to figure out that the Halo 5 Beta and other "extras" are also going to be made available to those who don't purchase the disk.

Hell if you want to charge me for the packaging, give me a digital download code! I just don't want the damn discs for for XBOX One!

Top Bottom