• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Master Chief Collection: H1-4. H2 full remaster. 1080p60. $59.99 Nov 11 Xbox One

Schryver

It's not three separate games, you all matchmake together, then the map from a game comes up and it loads you all into that game. The only separation is for each match.

You can't choose?! Hype deflated some. Still worth buying since I never played 4. That is if I buy an XBone

It only took 13 years to get an Xbox Live version of Halo 1!

I want a playlist dedicated to nothing but shotties/no shields on Chiron TL-34.

That sounds awful. People can't even keep track of the differences in Reach between zero bloom, reduced bloom, and full bloom playlists. There was also different movement speeds and weapon settings. How is this a good thing?

Then there are like 5 different slayer settings in halo 4. This is nuts.

Nobody's going to vote for Halo 4 games/maps. I wouldn't worry about that.

Plus, I'd be surprised if there weren't "game specific" playlists as well.

defghik

I know it was and it still was completely ignored. I do hope the game does well, I really do, I am a huge fan of Halo, but every CoD or Battlefield will steal a massive chunk of the multiplayer population plus smaller chunks with almost every other game. I just can't see this game being as popular as it was during the glory days of Halo 2 and 3.
That's because it was terrible, and nobody wanted to play it even when it was announced. It was just Reach with bad settings, it played nothing like Halo 1.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Confirmation that all MPs are remade.

wVlmrOR.png

Oh god. I don't even want an XB1 but I want this in my veins yesterday. I don't want to pay $500 for games I've already played, but I want this bad.

Don't know what to do. I know Best Buy is having a trade-in special in which I could get $150 for my 360, but there are still a couple games I havent finished on it, and the XB1 isn't backwards compatible. Therefore I dont want to get rid of it yet. I'm currently halfway through Fable Anniversary.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Can't wait, though Halo 2 multi looked kind of rough graphically, they have time to polish. (Mostly IQ, AA.)

RedSwirl

What do you guys think is the likelihood of splitscreen? 343i at least tried to get splitscreen into Halo 4, and the Xbox One should have a much easier time managing it, especially for Halo and Halo 2.

Gaz_RB

What do you guys think is the likelihood of splitscreen? 343i at least tried to get splitscreen into Halo 4, and the Xbox One should have a much easier time managing it, especially for Halo and Halo 2.

I think it's for sure gonna be there. How could it not?

Aren't they only giving 2 the anniversary treatment? Other than that, I don't see much to be excited about. Most of the people who enjoy Halo already picked up Combat Evolved, so you get to pay for that again, as well as every other entry in the series.

Thermite

It's not three separate games, you all matchmake together, then the map from a game comes up and it loads you all into that game. The only separation is for each match.

That's probably the worst decision I've ever heard. Has anyone at 343 actually played a Halo game before? Do they not understand there are significant differences in the core gameplay between all the games? Going from how a Halo 2 BR operates to how a Halo 3 BR operates after a single game (and then going back again) is going to be jarring as fuck. 343 should have stuck with one game having online multiplayer.

Edit: And that's just one thing. There are so many differences between gametypes and gameplay across all the games it's insane to list them all....

I'm all for preserving the original experience, but there's some bugs they have to squash in Halo 2. Superbouncing for one.

Damaniel

Banned
Having never played a Halo game (not even once!) but having always wanted to, between this and the Phantom Dust announcement, I've finally decided to get an Xbox One sometime in the next few months. Good job, Microsoft.

Megasoum

Banned
I was devastated when they didn't announce for PC.

It's like they don't want money.

Jeff Gerstmann said that when he saw the demo before E3 it was running on a pc with proper mouse support and keyboard prompts... They would'nt do that if the game wasn't coming to PC.

Yuuichi

I don't think I can justify the $400 it would cost me to play this, but if a few more titles worth my time come out, this is probably one of the best deals to ever exist, considering I have never owned any of them.

Kud Dukan

That's probably the worst decision I've ever heard. Has anyone at 343 actually played a Halo game before? Do they not understand there are significant differences in the core gameplay between all the games? Going from how a Halo 2 BR operates to how a Halo 3 BR operates after a single game (and then going back again) is going to be jarring as fuck. 343 should have stuck with one game having online multiplayer.

Edit: And that's just one thing. There are so many differences between gametypes and gameplay across all the games it's insane to list them all....

I don't think you need to worry. I can't imagine them not doing separate playlists as well. Just because they showed it that way doesn't mean it's the ONLY way matchmaking will work.

FourDoor

http://kotaku.com/the-halo-hd-collection-is-real-comes-with-halo-5-beta-1583465968/all

Master UI

343 executive producer Dan Ayoub followed up the presentation to showcase Halo 2's shiny new campaign in this HD package. "We can do more than just give you four Halo games," he said, "We can give you a brand new way to play it." He referenced "Netflix binging," which seems like an incredibly accurate way to describe it. While flipping through the master UI, he explains that everything—campaign and multiplayer—is unlocked from the start, giving you the ability to skip around as you see fit. "You can set your difficulty level, you can activate skulls, it lets you customize your gameplay quite a bit before you just jump into it and start going," Ayoub said.

Multiplayer in this master UI is broken down by gameplay type. They showed Team Slayer up on the screen, and how you can choose from a variety of Team Slayer options from here. On this selection, there are a couple from Halo 2 and one from Halo 3. When you, or your lobby of fellow players, makes a decision, the game will launch the original engine of whichever one you picked.

Though you can't pick your own mission setlists, you can still set up custom multiplayer matches for any of the Halo titles available.

Cannot wait!!! One more chance to relive the Halo Glory Days!!!

PC maps?

(Death Island, Infinity, Danger Canyon, Timberland, Gephyrophobia, Ice Fields)

For real. Gephyrophobia is one of my favorites of all time. Love Death Island, too.

Man, and Danger Canyon, too. Infinity could be fun for vehicles. Ice Fields had some good times, too.

Timberland....eh.

link1201

I'm all for preserving the original experience, but there's some bugs they have to squash in Halo 2. Superbouncing for one.

I think they had to leave it alone or just not do it. If they "fixed" something it would tarnish the whole thing to A LOT of people.

Top Bottom