• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Master Chief Collection: H1-4. H2 full remaster. 1080p60. $59.99 Nov 11 Xbox One

Well Sony, you better come with some sort of an HD Socom collection with all the maps and shit or this 14 year long run I had with you could end. Holy fucking shit.

2San

MLG just shit a brick

i will apologize now for all the double shots i will unleash on yall come november

why is halo 5 even a thing, this is all we need, its all we'll ever need, forever, like counterstrike
Well new campaign sounds nice. I'm fine MP wise though. :p

Bsigg12

So how does this work? Are Halo 1, 2, 3, and 4 players separated by game, and then further split into the various playlists?

And this is all on original engine, including CE?

But what's up with the redone Halo 2 maps we saw at the MS conference? Is that in the remaster, which is included in the collection?

So, Halo 1, 2, 2 Remastered, 3, and 4?

In multiplayer, it sounds like you enter a playlist (slayer, team slayer, etc) and when it picks 1 of the potential 100 maps, it loads up the engine that map is from. Everything shown is in the collection

Gaz_RB

So how does this work? Are Halo 1, 2, 3, and 4 players separated by game, and then further split into the various playlists?

And this is all on original engine, including CE?

But what's up with the redone Halo 2 maps we saw at the MS conference? Is that in the remaster, which is included in the collection?

So, Halo 1, 2, 2 Remastered, 3, and 4?

I think all the games are on the original engines, but have increased graphical effects.

Frazley

I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY WENT XBOX ONE EXCLUSIVE!

Kidding aside, this is a very cool release and one that is a very awesome edition to the Halo franchise. Man, nostalgia and feels!

Blur

Banned
It's not three separate games, you all matchmake together, then the map from a game comes up and it loads you all into that game. The only separation is for each match.

It's not like that.

They have a cross-gen playlist for that but other than the playlist it will still let you CHOOSE which games multiplayer you want to play.

It's not forcing you to play all three and pick on the one you want.

So really it's Halo 2 that's going to look the best by a country mile, followed by HD versions of CEA, 3 and 4. Kind of bum, really.

Magni

This is worthy of my first post on Gaming-side in years, holy shit, can't wait to dive back in!

Question: can you play Halo 2 style MP on a Halo 1/3/4 map, or Halo: CE MP on a Halo 2/3/4 map, etc?

I know the maps were custom-tailored for the gameplay of each game, but is the the option of having the Halo: CE engine running for a game on Lockout?

So pumped!

If I can feel the Halo 2 magic even at a fraction of what I felt it at, I may buy an Xbox One for this. Plaiyng Halo 2 online everyday was pure ecstasy, but part of that may have had to do with the fact that online gaming was fresh to me (I had previously only played PSO, but never had a headset to talk with people with !!)

So surprised that the multiplayer will be running on their respective engines. Wow. This is as exciting as when I learned about the Taxman Sonic CD port being a real thing. It's truly magical when the publisher truly cares about the mega fan and their heightened expectations.

The cover reminds me of this

3LBoRf1.jpg

naw

According to the Gamespot article, you go into a hopper and play across games. So you might play a game on Halo 3's High Ground, followed immediately by a game on Halo 2's Relic, etc., all in the same playlist. Because everything's on one disc and hosted on dedi's, the whole experience should be seamless. Just one population for the whole thing, not 4 populations for 4 games.
the gamespot article said that you can choose to play in multiplayer hoppers

as in, it's an option. each game should have their own playlists

Can we stop being negative about the playlists?

I'm pretty sure you can just stick to one game's playlist if need be, but obviously the options there to join a multiple game playlist.

JayEH

I guess they already have the work done for Halo 1, 3, 4. So it's most likely just packaging them together.

Top Bottom