• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Master Chief Collection: H1-4. H2 full remaster. 1080p60. $59.99 Nov 11 Xbox One

Bsigg12

I don't get why they're doing MP for each game. The user base will be split (and no one will play Halo 4).

Enters master team slayer playlist, map selected is Haven from Halo 4, game launches into Halo 4.

Sure there will probably be filters to avoid Halo 4 maps but if you just go into a master playlist, you could play any of the 4 games.

Holy shit 60 dollars for all that content??! 1080p/60fps?! Ridley scott directed series included?! 60 dollars?! halo 2 multiplayer?!

Damn 343.

untitled-1l3kkd.gif

TAKE IT 343. MY MONEY

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Halo 4 will look fucking gorgeous at 1080/60.

Dat second level, hhhnnnnngggggggg.

Over 100 multiplayer maps using Halo 2's MP engine? Good lord. Battle Creek BRING THAT SHIT ON

They aren't using halo 2s engine. Each mp is remade.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Well we'll play it in December.

Are we really going to start this again?

Wait until we see it
Wait until we play it
Wait until they fix it
Wait until they replace it

How about we break the cycle?

I think you're jumping to conclusions. Maybe everyone has these new "Spartan abilities" at all times.

It doesn't matter who has what, the very existence of sprint or jetpack breaks the game.

And the trailer quite clearly stated "new spartan abilities" and showed sprinting, jetpacking and a possible cover mechanic. Disgusting.

Seriously? They will never get rid of armour abilities so you might as well just accept them.

And thus the series will continue to decline.

To be honest I've found them to be a great addition from the start.

I'm sorry but you are a small minority in the overall playerbase which is quite clearly evident in the player retention of Halo 4 compared to Halo 3.

I would pay $120 if Sony would do the same thing with the SOCOM series. At one time Socom was Sony's flagship multiplayer franchise, much like Halo 2 was for Microsoft. So disappointing they abandoned Socom.

Doran902

What's to be skeptical about? I'm trying to think of something that's missing but I can only think is Kinect features.

I want to see playlists. Are there rankings? Will the population of players be spread too thin over 4 games making it hard to find games? Thats my biggest worry, I think there will be some Halo 1-3 fans playing but I doubt the cod kids get all excited for Halo 2. It's me being negative really. I like the idea of this collection but my experience with Halo 2 was it was the biggest / best / most popular thing ever and I'm worried I will load this up and have it be find a custom game with 800 people online.

amnesiac

Is this true?

"What you can expect, however – and this is huge news for fellow old-school Xbox gamers – is that Combat Evolved’s multiplayer will be playable, online, in its original form. No more Halo: Reach map packs or excuses about CE multiplayer not “feeling” right online because it never had net code to begin with (let’s leave Gearbox’s Halo PC port out of this). This will be the OG Halo 1 three-shot death pistol, the OG “Blood Gulch,” etc"

-ign

Bsigg12

Are we really going to start this again?

Wait until we see it
Wait until we play it
Wait until they fix it
Wait until they replace it

How about we break the cycle?

It doesn't matter who has what, the very existence of sprint or jetpack breaks the game.

And the trailer quite clearly stated "new spartan abilities" and showed sprinting, jetpacking and a possible cover mechanic. Disgusting.

We quite literally know nothing besides they have new abilities. We have no idea what that means. Until we learn about the gameplay on the basic level, it's a bit early to be taking to the streets.

So really it's Halo 2 that's going to look the best by a country mile, followed by HD versions of CEA, 3 and 4. Kind of bum, really.

halo 3 graphically was really damn good--all of its issues were almost completely resolution based--when you throw 60fps on top of it then it wouldn't shock me if it looked on par with H2A and H4

Halo 1-4 is not remastered. Only Halo 2 is remastered. Halo 1, 3, and 4 use the original engines. They just run 1080p. Which is still a big upgrade in my book.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Seriously? They will never get rid of armour abilities so you might as well just accept them.

To be honest I've found them to be a great addition from the start.

Armor abilities killed halo and broke it. That is one of the main reasons people have wanted the old school MP.

Presco

I can't believe I'll be buying an XB1 and paying for gold again. Holy hell, I'll be able to play two flag on The Pit and one flag on High Ground.

Grabbing this for sure, $60 is worth it just to go through Halo 3 again.

I was really surprised how much they are putting in that $60 box. I really thought you were just going to get the online from Halo 2 and that was it.

GavinGT

Banned

And thus the series will continue to decline.

I'm sorry but you are a small minority in the overall playerbase which is quite clearly evident in the player retention of Halo 4 compared to Halo 3.

They showed like 6 seconds of (likely) CG footage. Jesus Christ.

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Calm Killer

Is this true? I think it is just anniversary.

All mp are included. I posted a tweet from dan Ayoub on page three. It is not just halo 2 anniv.

"What you can expect, however – and this is huge news for fellow old-school Xbox gamers – is that Combat Evolved’s multiplayer will be playable, online, in its original form. No more Halo: Reach map packs or excuses about CE multiplayer not “feeling” right online because it never had net code to begin with (let’s leave Gearbox’s Halo PC port out of this). This will be the OG Halo 1 three-shot death pistol, the OG “Blood Gulch,” etc"

-ign

Russ-Troll.gif

Nerdkiller

Membeur
So wait, are they going the Killzone Shadowfall route of letting players make their own custom playlists? I heard something like that during the conference.

Jb

If I had to choose only one exclusive for this fall it would probably be this. Great way for them to bring back old Halo fans.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
We quite literally know nothing besides they have new abilities. We have no idea what that means. Until we learn about the gameplay on the basic level, it's a bit early to be taking to the streets.

No. Fuck that.

Armor abilities were bad in H3, awful in reach and downright trash in H4

If H5 comes with AA, i likely wont play for more than a few matches... and the game won't be taken seriously by anyone.

Top Bottom