• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Master Chief Collection: H1-4. H2 full remaster. 1080p60. $59.99 Nov 11 Xbox One

Falagard

They aren't using halo 2s engine. Each mp is remade.

No, they're using the original game engines for each game.

You can play Battle Creek in the Halo CE engine, or Beaver Creek in the Halo 2 engine.

You can play all 100 maps, in the respective engines, with increased resolution and framerate on dedicated servers through one multiplayer menu and matchmaking system.

DesertFox

I think you're jumping to conclusions. Maybe everyone has these new "Spartan abilities" at all times.
Possibly - the fact that they're calling it "arena" multiplayer is telling of their (assumed) intent to return to the series roots.

But to the point of this collection, I'm so incredibly excited for this package. Can't wait to play BTB on waterworks!

mcfrank

"What you can expect, however – and this is huge news for fellow old-school Xbox gamers – is that Combat Evolved’s multiplayer will be playable, online, in its original form. No more Halo: Reach map packs or excuses about CE multiplayer not “feeling” right online because it never had net code to begin with (let’s leave Gearbox’s Halo PC port out of this). This will be the OG Halo 1 three-shot death pistol, the OG “Blood Gulch,” etc"

-ign

Holy Fucking Shit. As an old Halo 1 tournament player, this is the greatest news I could have ever heard.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Fucking insane holy shit
e3-2014-halo-2-anniversary-cinematic---lord-hood-983bb43abdae4a7398ad65251fdc7f1b.jpg

What is this?

TaKeRx

"What you can expect, however – and this is huge news for fellow old-school Xbox gamers – is that Combat Evolved’s multiplayer will be playable, online, in its original form. No more Halo: Reach map packs or excuses about CE multiplayer not “feeling” right online because it never had net code to begin with (let’s leave Gearbox’s Halo PC port out of this). This will be the OG Halo 1 three-shot death pistol, the OG “Blood Gulch,” etc"

-ign

Wait... WTF!!! This is even bigger news to me! No thread?! I still remember playing this with all of my friends and then trying XBC years after. I cannot wait!!!!

scarybore

The news that they are leaving obvious, exploitable bugs in the multiplayer mode is outright stupid if true and I hope they revise that decision, or make it a option for custom games only.

Why halo reach is not in the pack? or I'm missing something?

Chief was only in Reach for like 5 seconds, would be a stretch to put Reach in a Master Chief Collection. Something they can save for a later compilation perhaps, along with ODST and maybe Halo Wars.

Unstable

please 1 - 50 please 1- 50 please 1 - 50
From the ign article.
Furthermore, I asked and was assured that 343 is implementing a similar sort of leveling system as Halo 2, where you could actually lose rank if you lost enough matches. “We are in the process of constructing a leveling system,” Ayoub said. “You’ll be able to go down and work your way back up."

So if I got this right, all maps will use their original engine respectively (albeit at 1080p, though that doesn't mean much), except for 6 Halo 2 maps?

Ballistik

They should copy this idea at next year's E3 with Gears of War.

Gears of War collection late 2015, and then the new Gears in 2016.

That's if they want $120 of my money, if not I can keep it.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
So the cutscenes are no longer realtime?

Lame.

Does this mean we are missing the differences you get with difficulty?

Halo:CEA cutscenes just didn't work with the graphics engine they were trying to overlay, I can understand them going with CG for Halo 2.

Skele7on

Banned
Ranking systems though?

I hope they patch the deranking....

Gameplay untouched but will we get ranks?

Also anyone playing halo 4 over halo 2/3 lol!

Top Bottom