• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Master Chief Collection: H1-4. H2 full remaster. 1080p60. $59.99 Nov 11 Xbox One

Booshka

Welcome to club dilemma. Enjoy your stay! :)

I just can't do it, it's 3 years too late to be honest. Glad they are doing this, but Halo CE MP on XBL at 60 FPS could have been done last gen. There was just no interest or market value for it, now that it is part of a massive Halo package, it's worth doing.

If an Xbone falls in my lap then I will buy MCC for CE MP, but otherwise, I'll just have to live vicariously through Twitch streams while I move on and invest in PC gaming.

I just can't do it, it's 3 years too late to be honest. Glad they are doing this, but Halo CE MP on XBL at 60 FPS could have been done last gen. There was just no interest or market value for it, now that it is part of a massive Halo package, it's worth doing.

If an Xbone falls in my lap then I will buy MCC for CE MP, but otherwise, I'll just have to live vicariously through Twitch streams while I move on and invest in PC gaming.
Probably a wise move. I have no self-control, so come November we'll see how how much discipline I can muster. Seriously, I would love to play Halo 1 online. Barring some jarring imperfection in the transfer, it's going to be super tempting. Bring clans back too and boom.

_Ph03n1x_

Will have to pick up an Xbox One for this. Hopefully they have a special edition bundle with the game. My body is ready for Chiron TL-34 on XBL

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I really hope I can jump in a playlist that randomly puts me in any of the 4 games.

So I can get say,, Team Slayer on Battle Creek (CE) and veto for BRs on The Pit (H3).

notBald

There's always the PC version.. (unless the Gamespy thing killed its online..)

Shockingly they released a patch for that.

I played the game yesterday (the emulated Xbox version). It has aged quite a bit, so they need to do more than high-res textures + bloom to capture my interest.

And they shouldn't blow up the halo towards the end. Yeah.

Amazon UK also has this listed for 360. http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00I9WV6BI/

71YE%2BuSX17L._SL1300_.jpg

Competa

Banned
Think its just frame rate and res. That said, I'm sure we'll be surprised at how well they hold up with higher resolution.
Frankie stated that halo 3 and 4, res and frame rate would be increased. But also something else, something with "now you can see further distances because of the increase in x"...

So, what I'm trying to say is, yeah, primarily res and fps, but a little tiny bit of eye candy too.

Mindwipe

A few more thoughts after waking.

I wonder what will happen to the Halo 3 armours. Will Recon still be possible?
I don't mind them recording H2's soundtrack too much, apart from the main theme. They better not have mucked with that too much.
I'm actually slightly miffed that the achievements don't include the DLC ones, given they are the pain in the ass to get and all the maps being present would have made a few plausible.
Still wish there was a bit more content for H2 Campaign :-/
Cairo station looks good, and if more upgrades are coming that's neat. But hopefully they'll make new accurate marine models this time and not reuse the incorrect army ones from Reach as HCEA did...
Did anyone actually find out of H4 is getting campaign theatre yet?
Oh, and retailer mutually exclusive pre-order skulls is a dick move. Really.

Striker

Dear god somebody please update the OP with these questions that pop up twice on every single page PLEASE.

You can choose if you want to play a mixed playlist containing maps from all four games or playlists that stick to individual games. It sounds like there will be plenty of options to choose from.
Has this been confirmed? All I've seen are blended playlists, i.e. a gametype you choose, for instance CTF, and you pick the map from the respective game to play it on. You know, despite the large differences in how each is played.

As long as there is an exclusive Halo 2 set of playlists I'll be set. Only need four of them, FFA, 4v4 Team Slayer, 4v4 Flag/Bomb/Plots, and BTB (Flag, Bomb, Slayer).

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
So H1, H3, and H4 are the same exact games as the originals, just running at 1080p/ 60fps, and H2 is the only one that's been given the special makeover?

I've never played Halo multiplayer ever, and 100 maps sounds like an insane package.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So H1, H3, and H4 are the same exact games as the originals, just running at 1080p/ 60fps, and H2 is the only one that's been given the special makeover?

I've never played Halo multiplayer ever, and 100 maps sounds like an insane package.

wouldn't you have issues finding people to play against with 100 maps? Although I'd guess most players would concentrate on the Halo 2 maps

kanuuna

Halo: CE on Xbox One will be the Anniversary edition as I understand it. I'm not sure how that multiplayer works though, because Anniversary on 360 was bound to Reach somehow if I recall correctly.

£65 on Xbox One? WTF ????

Edit: sorry for the double post.

Amazon just put up all the new games at £65, it's a placeholder. For example, Ori & the blind forest (a digital game) is up for £65. It's £50 on game. Still not cheap but the general asking price for next gen games right now (unfortunately).

Falagard

wouldn't you have issues finding people to play against with 100 maps? Although I'd guess most players would concentrate on the Halo 2 maps

It's based on hoppers / playlists, so it really doesn't matter how many maps are in rotation, just how many hoppers there are.

Also, since everyone is guaranteed to have every map there won't be the problems they typically have where they have to have hoppers specifically for DLC maps or the DLC maps are part of regular rotation but rarely show up since not everyone has them.

It's going to be epic if the playlists are managed properly.

pieman

Neo Member
Showing as £55 on amazon.co.uk at the moment, hopefully this will come down at some point before release, I have generally paid low £40's for most full price games that I have preordered.

Madness

Eh, it's guaranteed buy for me. Been with Xbox and Halo too long. I rarely have time for gaming as it is, and it seems like most major games will be multiplatform, so I won't really miss out by not having a PS4, save for better graphics etc.

With an Xbox One, even if I don't play as much, I can at least play Halo, NHL, the next GTA, Mass Effect, and Gears. Basically all I like from games these days. Maybe pick up Assassin's Creed on sales.

Hopefully they have some kind of nice bundle/controllers or something.

hlhbk

This keeps coming up. Per the product listing on Amazon and the announcement at E3 Halo 1 will be the anniversary edition.

Do we have any confirmation of whether every map will be played on its related titles multiplayer configurations (halo 4 map using halo 4 multiplayer, halo 3 map using halo 3 multiplayer) or will all maps be played using a base halo 2 multiplayer (halo 3 or 4 mas played using halo 2 multiplayer).

MysteryM

If you'd had it three years ago, it wouldn't have been dedicated servers as shown by Halo 4. That alone is the price of admission - 4 shot BR kills may become a reality for me!

Do we have any confirmation of whether every map will be played on its related titles multiplayer configurations (halo 4 map using halo 4 multiplayer, halo 3 map using halo 3 multiplayer) or will all maps be played using a base halo 2 multiplayer (halo 3 or 4 mas played using halo 2 multiplayer).

Yes, we do. They're all using their original engines, save for the 6 remade Halo 2 maps, which can also be played on the new engine.

Booshka

If you'd had it three years ago, it wouldn't have been dedicated servers as shown by Halo 4. That alone is the price of admission - 4 shot BR kills may become a reality for me!

Dedicated Servers weren't invented with the Xbone and "Power of the Cloud"

It goes back to no interest or market value, it was totally possible, just not worth the time or investment.

Bit of a Mega post but just making it to outline to people still confused everything that is in this Halo collection.

Halo CE:Anniversary Campaign. (2 player co-op)
CE:A Old to New Graphics Switching
Halo CE (XBOX 1) Multiplayer in 1080p 60fps (No graphic changes)
Halo CE + PC Maps
Battle Creek • Blood Gulch • Boarding Action • Chill Out • Chiron TL-34 • Damnation • Danger Canyon • Death Island • Derelict • Gephyrophobia • Hang 'Em High • Ice Fields • Infinity • Longest • Prisoner • Rat Race • Sidewinder • Timberland • Wizard

Halo 2 Anniversary Campaign (2 player co-op) completely redone graphics for the campaign, new intro and outro cutscnes, cutscenes replaced with high quality CGI by Blur Studios, Graphic switch feature, New skull(s)?
Halo 2 Multiplayer 1080p 60fps (No graphic changes, possibly superjumping broke)
Halo 2 +DLC* + Halo 2 Vista Maps
Ascension • Backwash • Beaver Creek • Burial Mounds • Coagulation • Colossus • Containment • District • Elongation • Example • Foundation • Gemini • Headlong • Ivory Tower • Lockout • Midship • Relic • Sanctuary • Terminal • Turf • Uplift • Warlock • Waterworks • Zanzibar NOTE* Tombstone and Desolation are no included, Issues with how they were distributed

Halo 3 Campaign 1080p 60fps 4 Player co-op (no graphic changes)
Halo 3 Multiplayer with Forge and Theater intact 1080p 60fps (no graphic changes)
Halo 3 Maps + DLC
Assembly • Avalanche • Blackout • Citadel • Cold Storage • Construct • Epitaph (Epilogue) • Foundry • Ghost Town • Guardian • Heretic • High Ground • Isolation • Last Resort • Longshore • Narrows • Orbital • Rat's Nest • Sandbox • Sandtrap (SAND TARP) • Snowbound (Boundless) • Standoff • The Pit (Pit Stop) • Valhalla

Halo 4 Campaign 1080p 60fps 4 Player Co-op (no graphic changes)
Halo 4 Multiplayer 1080p 60fps + Theater, Forge, Spartan Ops (no graphic changes)
Halo 4 Maps + DLC
Abandon • Adrift • Complex • Daybreak • Erosion (Ascent • Grifball Court) • Exile • Forge Island • Harvest • Haven • Impact (Relay) • Landfall • Longbow • Meltdown • Monolith • Outcast • Perdition • Pitfall • Ragnarok • Ravine (Settler) • Shatter • Skyline • Solace • Vertigo • Vortex • Wreckage

NEW HALO Xbox One MULTIPLAYER 1080p 60fps
New engine based on amalgamation of the past engines features, Looks like Halo 4 with Halo 2 features, weapons visible on player bodies. Spartans and Elites playable. Halo 2 weapons.
Forge
6 Halo 2 maps completely redone in this Xbox One Engine
Ascension • Lockout • Zanzibar • Unknown • Unknown • Unknown

Halo 5 Beta.
More info needed

Multiplayer playlists will have gametypes and maps from all 5 Multiplayer titles as voting options. Playlists for specific games will be possible. Campaign playlists will allow players to play things like "every warthog mission from Halo 1-4 one after another" or start at Halo 1 Mission 1 and Play all the way to Halo 4 Final Mission.

Everything unlocked by default, Skulls selectable for every title.

Newlove

This is an amazing deal. I can see why they done it but I'm not so sure I would always like how people vote for maps in matchmaking. I really enjoy Halo 4 online but I know that's not universal, so I can imagine no-one voting to play Halo 4 with all these other options, and it would be very rare to ever play it.

Bit of a Mega post but just making it to outline to people still confused everything that is in this Halo collection.

Halo CE:Anniversary Campaign. (2 player co-op)
CE:A Old to New Graphics Switching
Halo CE (XBOX 1) Multiplayer in 1080p 60fps (No graphic changes)
Halo CE + PC Maps

Halo 2 Anniversary Campaign (2 player co-op) completely redone graphics for the campaign, new intro and outro cutscnes, cutscenes replaced with high quality CGI by Blur Studios, Graphic switch feature, New skull(s)?
Halo 2 Multiplayer 1080p 60fps (No graphic changes, possibly superjumping broke)
Halo 2 +DLC* + Halo 2 Vista Maps

Halo 3 Campaign 1080p 60fps 4 Player co-op (no graphic changes)
Halo 3 Multiplayer with Forge and Theater intact 1080p 60fps (no graphic changes)
Halo 3 Maps + DLC

Halo 4 Campaign 1080p 60fps 4 Player Co-op (no graphic changes)
Halo 4 Multiplayer 1080p 60fps + Theater, Forge, Spartan Ops (no graphic changes)
Halo 4 Maps + DLC

New engine based on amalgamation of the past engines features, Looks like Halo 4 with Halo 2 features, weapons visible on player bodies. Spartans and Elites playable. Halo 2 weapons.
Forge

Halo 5 Beta.
More info needed

Multiplayer playlists will have gametypes and maps from all 5 Multiplayer titles as voting options. Playlists for specific games will be possible. Campaign playlists will allow players to play things like "every warthog mission from Halo 1-4 one after another" or start at Halo 1 Mission 1 and Play all the way to Halo 4 Final Mission.

Everything unlocked by default, Skulls selectable for every title.

Nice round up. Should be moved to the OP.

So you can swap the visuals with the old ones for the campaigns, but will you also be able to play the MP in the old visuals?

edit post above, I think I get it now, so the footage at the press conference was a completely redone map?

pieface

Right, someone earlier in the thread mentioned that the Halo5 maps are going to be huge in the BETA. With dedicated servers, do we think they may ramp up the player count to 64 like BF?

64 player CTF would just be carnage!

klodeckel

Banned
Why do they show graphic switching in the Halo 2 multiplayer demo they showed if it isn't updated graphically?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=115685603&postcount=2040

Bottom.

Forge

Right, someone earlier in the thread mentioned that the Halo5 maps are going to be huge in the BETA. With dedicated servers, do we think they may ramp up the player count to 64 like BF?

64 player CTF would just be carnage!
Could you imagine getting a shit team and been spawned killed by 64 players all with DMRs sitting nicely in the middle if the map?
Add in power weapons and vehicles and it would not be a fun endeavour.

Varg

Banned
Now to wait for inevitable special edition halo console or the rumored white Console bundled with overdrive....

Top Bottom