• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection IS COMING TO PC and STEAM!!!!!

BionicRoo

Halo: Reach will be added to The Master Chief Collection and all six games released on PC for the first time, Microsoft has announced.

The prequel will join Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST (campaign) and Halo 4, and the entire collection will be available on MS Store and Steam.

343 Industries, the makers of the hugely popular Halo franchise, said they wanted to “bring the Halo Universe… to a new audience” – the games are currently only available on Xbox.

Full story: https://news.microsoft.com/en-gb/2019/03/12/hail-to-the-chief-halo-is-coming-to-pc/

master_chief_in_halo_4-wide.jpg

Leonidas

Good on MS for bringing this to Steam. Hoping Halo does Iron Man numbers on PC :lollipop_smiling_face_eyes:
Now I'm wondering if this will be Play Anywhere, already bought the Xbox version, would be great if we got access to the Windows Store version at no additional cost.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
So Steam means it's an actual Win32 game right? I hope they're not just selling a UWP game through Steam or something.
The Blam Engine (Used by Halo) was already Windows aware. The Saber3D Engine used by the Anniversary games was too.

Having all of this in one package on Steam is pretty nifty though and Steam seals it.

Trivia: That means Halo 5 Guardians remains unreleased. Interestingly enough, Halo 5: Forge, the editor and multiplayer map making component, is available on the Microsoft store.
Reading all these anti-Xbox/Sony-loving posts in this thread
kttcolihuhldup
Literally what does a drive-by like that do?

But your post did point out something useful (Not your content though) so thks.

Last edited:

LostDonkey

Available to purchase seperately "through" the MCC?

Hmm....

So you dont purchase the MCC and get all the games?

Im confused.

title doesn't make sense since Steam is on PC, people here are too scared to mention Windows Stores name lol. It can't be that bad guys, surely the Windows Store is at least partially functional.

DanielsM

Banned
These games are old and all launched on the 360. They are giving more people an opportunity to play those games.

MS store though. Not steam, which is huge because the Xbox store on PC is not very good.

I believe the Xbox Store went away in 2016, all of that was merged with the Microsoft Store. There really is only one store now, afaik. I believe there was an article in late 2016 saying they were done, but I can't find it. It might look like two stores but its all in one group now. Here is the article explaining the merger.
https://www.theverge.com/2016/3/30/11332012/windows-10-xbox-app-stores-combining-microsoft

P.S. Microsoft get Gears of War original Trilogy on PS4, I'll buy again.

Last edited:
title doesn't make sense since Steam is on PC, people here are too scared to mention Windows Stores name lol. It can't be that bad guys, surely the Windows Store is at least partially functional.
Maybe it’s partially functional, but I’m not sure which part that is.

Last edited:

DanielsM

Banned
I get that. But using the store on the PC is a terrible experience.

Gotacha, I avoid the store all costs. Better yet, they should offer win32 on the store. :) I was actually speaking about the bad Store in the other Halo thread earlier today. (I don't want to sound like a debbie downer in this thread, but I gave up on them to fix Store clients... as I generally think this is not entirely a bad thing i.e. Steam release)

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Was the thread title changed? Because right now it literally says “Halo master chief collection”

A helpful mod seems to have changed it right after my post. (It previously read "MCC", no reference to Halo, Microsoft, or any related context in title or opening post. Just "MCC Coming to Steam" and then opening post: "HYPE LETS GO").

Diddy X

Cool I guess, got it for Xbox 3 months ago for 15€, really took me a long time to get it, I'm yet to finish it anyways, haven't played anything in like a month :messenger_sad_relieved:

Fucking get in!

that's a cool avatar, loved that scene :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Nice surprise with steam - I guess it will be like Halo Wars when they want to use MCC to get people interested and then release next part only on their own store but a joke is on them. All the good parts are in MCC anyway.

DanielsM

Banned
So... why not just release on the Playstation at this point, I'm not really interested in it (although I played a ton of H1/2 back in the day) but others might be?

Maybe some of those rumors of native Switch games weren't far off.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So... why not just release on the Playstation at this point, I'm not really interested in it (although I played a ton of H1/2 back in the day) but others might be?

Seriously? People just can't seem to grasp that Microsoft owns Windows in addition to Xbox.

Stuart360

Maybe some of those rumors of native Switch games weren't far off.
Becauae its Xbox exclusive. Xbox on the Xbox console, and Xbox on PC, and eventually Xbox on mobile devices. I honestly dont get why so many people cant get their heads around this (well i do know).

Anyway so ODST and Reach as well!, on Steams as well!, so probably Windows 7and 8 compatible as well!!!. I think i just dies and went to heaven lol. Lve the little digs at the Epic store as well, thats always nice.

Because I played Halo 1 at the time.

It was a giant pile of steaming shit.

I mean, I understand that console players didn't have anything better at the time.
Is that the only one you played? If so please stop lol.
goldeneye, suck it PC

DanielsM

Banned
Becauae its Xbox exclusive. Xbox on the Xbox console, and Xbox on PC, and eventually Xbox on mobile devices. I honestly dont get why so many people cant get their heads around this (well i do know).

Anyway so ODST and Reach as well!, on Steams as well!, so probably Windows 7and 8 compatible as well!!!. I think i just dies and went to heaven lol. Lve the little digs at the Epic store as well, thats always nice.

Yeah, but Playstation is just another device at this point.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Everything sounds great except it’s hard for me to believe Halo 5 isn’t coming to PC being how fun the game is on Xbox One.

Stuart360

Yeah, but Playstation is just another device at this point.
Xbox is not just a console anymore, its a system, or service. You can now access 'Xbox' through the Xbox console, or through Xbox on PC, and eventually mobile. Its all still 'Xbox', you even need an Xbox Live account to run the games.
The games are still Xbox games, its just now you have more options in how you access Xbox.

Last edited:

DanielsM

Banned
Xbox is not just a console anymore, its a system, or service. You can now access 'Xbox' through the Xbox console, or through Xbox on PC, and eventually mobile. Its all still 'Xbox', you even need an Xbox Live account to run the games.
The games asre still Xbox games, its just now you have more options in how you access Xbox.

Exactly, we're in agreement, so why wouldn't it come to Playstation? Its no different than battlenet or whatever for battlefield games, you make an account right in the game.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Exactly, we're in agreement, so why wouldn't it come to Playstation?

I can't really see Playstation allowing that level of competition on their device, could you? It's not exactly an open platform. Hell, they wouldn't even let EA bring EA Access to Playstation because they didn't want their subscription service competing with Playstation Plus.

For all we know, Microsoft would jump on the chance to bring these Xbox exclusives to Playstation as long it meant they could sell more Gamepass and Live subscriptions in the process.

The games are still Xbox games, its just now you have more options in how you access Xbox.
Cool thing for me is between MS doing this and Sony just being annoying cunts I won't have to buy new hardware besides Nintendo.

And also that's a lot less games I have to purchase :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Stuart360

Exactly, we're in agreement, so why wouldn't it come to Playstation? Its no different than battlenet or whatever for battlefield games, you make an account right in the game.
Because its still Xbox, its still Xbox games, why would they release on Playstation?. Playstation is still a rival, Microsoft are still releasing consoles and fighting for that console space, the only difference now is that people have more choices in how they access Xbox.

DanielsM

Banned
I can't really see Playstation allowing that level of competition on their device, could you? It's not exactly an open platform. Hell, they wouldn't even let EA bring EA Access to Playstation because they didn't want their subscription service competing with Playstation Plus.

For all we know, Microsoft would jump on the chance to bring these Xbox exclusives to Playstation as long it meant they could sell more Gamepass and Live subscriptions in the process.

Well, I never said GamePass, Valve is not going to let Microsoft sell software from Steam via subscription without $$$$$ i.e. a cut. I'm talking the game, not there silly platform, they can't bring their silly platform to Steam either, not really.

There is nothing wrong with Microsoft selling games on Playstation, they already do. And some games require an account like EA does on some games, not sure what the difference is.

Last edited:

DanielsM

Banned
Because its still Xbox, its still Xbox games, why would they release on Playstation?. Playstation is still a rival, Microsoft are still releasing consoles and fighting for that console space, the only difference now is that people have more choices in how they access Xbox.

So is Valve, not only are they competitors in game development, but the game distributions (Stores) and even hardware (at times).

Well, we're going to have to agree to disagree on the second part, the whole console war is over, not sure we're going to come close to agreeing there.

Last edited:

Shifty

so why wouldn't it come to Playstation?
Because Sony would take one look and be like "lol no we're not letting our direct competitor further their business by expanding onto our platform".

And it's a first-party game. Until we get to the theoretical future where Xbox is an app store rather than a console, it ain't happening.

jshackles

Well, I never said GamePass, Valve is not going to let Microsoft sell software from Steam via subscription without $$$$$ i.e. a cut. I'm talking the game, not there silly platform, they can't bring their silly platform to Steam either, not really.

There is nothing wrong with Microsoft selling games on Playstation, they already do. And some games require an account like EA does on some games, not sure what the difference is.

dNqtdHO.png

DanielsM

Banned

So does battlefield on Playstation, you have to create an account. I assume you do on Xbox One but I don't have one of those. They're not going allow you to just download via Steam without a piece of GamePass revenues or a fee, they will let you sell software on Steam and require additional accounts.

I don't really see the difference between requiring a battle.net account or a Xbox account as it pertains to Playstation, not sure I see an issue there, developers are already been doing that.

Last edited:

Stuart360

So is Valve, not only are they competitors in game development, but the game distributions (Stores) and even hardware (at times).

Well, we're going to have to agree to disagree on the second part, the whole console war is over, not sure we're going to come close to agreeing there.
Ubisoft still release games on Steam, even though they have Uplay. And i'm not talking 'console warz', i'm just saying Playstation is still a rival, and Microsoft is still releasing consoles. If they ever decide to stop releasing consoles completely, then maybe Xbox will end up on Playstation at some point.

Dacon

Banned
I can't believe I'm so excited for this tbh.

Now just put gears 2 and 3 on pc and MS will be redeemed in my eyes.

DanielsM

Banned
Ubisoft still release games on Steam, even though they have Uplay.

I guess that is kind of my point, its like they jailbroke their own console and don't want to address the 800lbs. Gorilla in the room. (I actually think we are in agreement though, or mostly so)

I can't believe I'm so excited for this tbh.

Now just put gears 2 and 3 on pc and MS will be redeemed in my eyes.

I would double down on Gear 1-3 as a Trilogy on PS4.

Last edited:
Top Bottom