• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection IS COMING TO PC and STEAM!!!!!

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Holy fuckin' shit, they actually did it and also adding Reach. Best goddamn morning news evah.

Now, hopefully optimization also coming to PC, but I guess my future 9900K, 32GB RAM and current 1080Ti will be more than enough to play all the games in 1440p 60 at least and completely maxed.

Never thought I'd say this but... thank you MS, and thx a ton to Phil especially!

Last edited:
I did. Been saying this for a while. Have most not really seen this whole "MS won't do this" only for them to do it?

We've heard the whole "MS won't put games on Mac though, thats only for Win 10" (puts games on MAC)
"Ok bruh, but you won't see them on Steam and if you do, they will just be indies, not like Halo or Forza" (Halo comes to Steam)

"OK, you have that, BUT it won't" (proceeds to move goal post)

I've said this and I'll say it again.....MS is seeking PC because they have no ode to keep games on 1 platform, you'll see them over time go from PC, to "steam" to Mac, to Nintendo, to Sony.

Sony and Nintendo can have platforms that move massive numbers on their exclusives, MS has tried and its just too much for the company, maybe third party makes more sense for MS, simply that many don't want to see that the company is headed in this direction.

I mean.....they even told you they are looking to put games on every platform last E3... Halo MCC on PC shouldn't really be a shock considering Halo Infinite is coming PC as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2...maker-suggest-streaming-will-replace-consoles

"our goal: to bring high-quality games to every device possible on the planet.”

So they days of MS seeking to keep something on 1 device to sell the hardware is pretty much over and I think it might have been a bad idea that they kept trying to be Sony and Nintendo for so long clearly having a OS to also support. It would be like Nintendo having a handheld and not supporting a console or something.

So the handheld market makes sense for Nintendo to have exclusives
The home console market makes sense for Sony to have exclusives

It makes very little sense for MS to seek this for consoles if they clearly also have a OS.

Sony nor Nintendo have operating systems for PC to actually waste funds putting content on such platforms.

It's not the fact that it's on PC that's the surprise, it's that they ditched the Windows store for Steam.

Mattyp

Gold Member
I know, but when Steam is an option ain't nobody gonna buy the Windows store version. They only way to get people to use the store is to make games exclusive on there.

You still have to create and use an xbox live account, that's all Microsoft cares about. You're already using their OS.

Should I buy the game on steam for $60 bucks or try out gamepass for $10 a month and get a shit load of games? This is their reasoning, and hedging their bets a lot of people will go the gamepass route or so they hope.

Last edited:

Aren117

Yakuza on PC [x]

Halo back on PC [x]

Holy shit that was it. I'm finally free from consoles*. Can't believe this is happening.

*until Sony releases Demon's Souls Remastered

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Only a complete idiot would have wrote this and sure enough he did not make as wait for long. I mean, a shit ton of people waited for ages for these games to be ported to PC (excluding the first two games which were available already but not purchasable online digitally) and now willing to pay even 60 (let alone 30) just to finally play them in glorious 4K 60 and beyond.

OQSdX1r.gif

CyberPanda

Banned
They only care about us using Windows. That's the real business
They care about getting as many people to buy their software as possible(on all their devices they support), like you said. The end goal is more money, and in return it will go towards more AAA projects, and their 1st party studios.

Graciaus

I really hope there is cross play. It takes awhile to find games if you don't search all 5 or just halo 4. I don't want it to be even worse on pc.

Meh I played the Halo 1 port back in the day and thought it to be average at best. I remember the insane hype the console crowd had over it like it was the second coming or something. Will probably get this on sale in the future and see if it improved with later titles.

KonradLaw

Great to see them also releasing it on Steam. Hope it's a sign of MS easing up on their own story exclusivity, especially for Age of Empires IV.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait to hear all the mic spam again like in 2 and 3. Most memorable ones for me would be the players spamming these over and over again.

Nothing like a Warthog coming at you with those blasting in your ears.

Last edited by a moderator:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I'll be playing it through MS Store...oh the horror! Don't see why I should pay for it again just so I can play it on Steam. Plus MS Store isn't bad.

Now what's happening with Halo 5? Are they really gonna release every Halo game on PC except for 5? makes no sense!

Last edited:

Dontero

Banned
PC players: "who asked for this ?"

Both Gears and Halo as well as Resistance and Motorstorm sold a lot because they were console exclusives and fanboys generated a lot of press news and good will due to that.

All of them are mediacore games and PC releases of those selling nothing every-time proves that.
I remember halo 1 on pc back in the day and how it was meh game compared to other games out there.

Last edited:

JimboJones

Both Gears and Halo as well as Resistance and Motorstorm sold a lot because they were console exclusives and fanboys generated a lot of press news and good will due to that.

All of them are mediacore games and PC releases of those selling nothing every-time proves that.
I remember halo 1 on pc back in the day and how it was meh game compared to other games out there.
pc gamer here, I am very much looking forward to this.

Havoc2049

Welcome aboard, PC gamers!
giphy.gif

Many in the Halo community are also avid PC gamers as well. So be prepared to go up against some skilled and knowledgeable players from day one.
Welcome to the pit!
2q0lr87.jpg

Mochilador

8evMKtpUTpBtqu0FeDLpGPvwAfUebN_SMGUCU1FXP2E57h1t38xNDH6yI8Q5Qwh5JLYRwKAGZYdK7IVAHWe5ebAMuUjoSSdnC18WqIfMS_8KQWXW2Dw_Xw=w365-h403-nc

Is MS telling me not to buy a Xbox??

Pretty sure MS is happy if you have a PC and buy this from Steam, so yes.

Btw, good on you MS! This is your first universal PR win in some time. As long as it doesn't shit the bed on launch, I'll grab it on Steam and dust off my old Live account. It shouldn't shit the bed cause it already did years back but after Anthem, Fallout 76, etc - who the hell knows anymore with AAA companies.

Last edited:

Most of the friends the I know that play on PC are pretty happy about this. Campaigns, Firefight, Coop, Multiplayer modes, etc there is so much to play in one tiny little package. It doesn't have to be the best game in the world, but it is one of the more iconic games that is a blast to play. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others don't. I'm not sure why you would come into such a positive thread with a shitpost.

lifa-cobex

Only ever got to Play Halo 1....

am happy

I still have my Halo pc disc from many moons ago.
I can finally actually continue the fight.

Last edited:
No windows store version but Steam? At this point MS is why even bother competing on PC or console. They Gave up on their console and pc both lol. Im not gonna support such weak company next gen. Sony all the way .

It’s coming out on windows store and steam. And I assume that until they fix the windows store, they’ll keep doing this. Halo infinite launch would be a good time to release a revamped windows store focused on gaming if you ask me

Welcome aboard, PC gamers!
giphy.gif

Many in the Halo community are also avid PC gamers as well. So be prepared to go up against some skilled and knowledgeable players from day one.
Welcome to the pit!
2q0lr87.jpg

I saw ninja tweet about it, so safe to say, it’s gonna be popular.

Double post sorry

Last edited:

Dontero

Banned
Is MS telling me not to buy a Xbox??

According to rumors MS transform Xbox from console to service. They will still release consoles for sake of convinience and market it as such but for all intent and purposes they are making it as a service across whole plehora of devices.

This is why they recently released beta update to Win10 which seems to give access to native Xbox games.
This is why there are rumors that they will release Xbox streaming app for mobiles.
This is why there are strong rumors about them releasing similar app for Nintendo Switch.
This is why they splurge shitload of money buying everyone left and right across whole spectrum of fields.

It stops being opinion when you have facts.

And we do have plenty of examples mate on PC.

Gears 3
Gears 4
Halo 1

None of which make any dent in PC gaming. I mean if they were amazing games then surely PC players would find them amazing too no ? Well that didn't happen. Hell you can even go to pirate sites and count up how many people pirated those games compared to other and you will see how many people didn't care about those.

On other hand Forza Horizon 3 and 4 seems to be widely loved in PC gaming community so it is not like PC gamers hate MS games.

pc gamer here, I am very much looking forward to this.

Good for you. But you are minority here. I would rather for MS to focus on new games that have potential rather than old games that barely make anyone now rise their brows.
Good example of that is mentioned Forza Horizon.

I would rather see 343 to do their own new game instead of following Halo which clearly even makers of it didn't consider Halo anymore what people want to play.

Same with Turtle rock. Why are they doing exactly Gears ? Cover based shooters are thing of the past clearly and it is not like Gears gameplay was remarkable in first place. Great thing about gears co-op play is now pretty much standard across the board for those kind of games.

What MS needs is new bold games that move them forward rather than dwelling on past successes hoping that lightning can struck twice.

Can you imagine if Naugty Dog would never create The Last of Us ?

Stuart360

Dude i think you should go and check out the Steam forums for the MCC if you think PC gamers arent excited. The game is going to sell gangbusters on Steam.

According to rumors MS transform Xbox from console to service. They will still release consoles for sake of convinience and market it as such but for all intent and purposes they are making it as a service across whole plehora of devices.

This is why they recently released beta update to Win10 which seems to give access to native Xbox games.
This is why there are rumors that they will release Xbox streaming app for mobiles.
This is why there are strong rumors about them releasing similar app for Nintendo Switch.
This is why they splurge shitload of money buying everyone left and right across whole spectrum of fields.

Gears 3
Gears 4
Halo 1

None of which make any dent in PC gaming. I mean if they were amazing games then surely PC players would find them amazing too no ? Well that didn't happen. Hell you can even go to pirate sites and count up how many people pirated those games compared to other and you will see how many people didn't care about those.

On other hand Forza Horizon 3 and 4 seems to be widely loved in PC gaming community so it is not like PC gamers hate MS games.

Good for you. But you are minority here. I would rather for MS to focus on new games that have potential rather than old games that barely make anyone now rise their brows.

I would rather see 343 to do their own new game instead of following Halo which clearly even makers of it didn't consider Halo anymore what people want to play.

Same with Turtle rock. Why are they doing exactly Gears ? Cover based shooters are thing of the past clearly and it is not like Gears gameplay was remarkable in first place. Great thing about gears co-op play is now pretty much standard across the board for those kind of games.

What MS needs is new bold games that move them forward rather than dwelling on past successes hoping that lightning can struck twice.

Hey.. no one cares this much. What's the point on trying to go on a crusade to bury Microsoft? In the end, Microsoft still gets their money. A lot of your "facts" are opinions, and it's pretty common for the VOCAL MINORITY to have an issue with something popular that's being released to an even bigger audience. Also, Microsoft does not care if they sell on Console, PC, xCloud, or Gamepass. So long as you provide them with money they are happy expanding their games to Xbox no matter where Xbox resides. As far as bold new games, they're on that as well with all their acquisitions, some of which appear to be focused on PC development.

Also, downplaying the fact that Halo is coming to PC in the best ways possible is a bad look. This news is huge for a lot of fans.

Last edited:

Gears 3
Gears 4
Halo 1

I got news for you: youre the one in the minority.

I bought an xbox one to play the MC Collection. Now it's collecting dust. lol

Well, i'm excited . I'll play these games on PC again.

thelastword

Banned
So this is the biggest exclusive that didn't make it to PC yet....Notwithstanding Halo 2 of course...…….So all these games can now be played at 60fps locked at very high resolutions, improvements to textures and filtering and the like.....I'm thinking even the most modest of PC's should run these Halo games at 4k 60fps....

Stuart360

So this is the biggest exclusive that didn't make it to PC yet....Notwithstanding Halo 2 of course...…….So all these games can now be played at 60fps locked at very high resolutions, improvements to textures and filtering and the like.....I'm thinking even the most modest of PC's should run these Halo games at 4k 60fps....
I bet you're excited, you get a chance to play Halo now without fraternizing with the 'enemy'.

manfestival

Been waiting for this since halo was announced on xbox. My body is ready and just in time to play on my glorious new rig. I do hope it is $30 as it will be a day 1. If it is $60, I will wait for the half off sale.

Top Bottom