• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
100% sure of it.

Holiday, new price, all the Halo you want, when you want it, with your friends.

And Halo 5 beta.

No way this doesn't sell gangbusters.

I'd say it will outsell everything on X1 (CoD not included).

To be honest, I believe it will outsell COD as well. COD sales are already going downward.

RetroStu

Banned
Is it weird I am way more excited about this than Halo 5?

No i'm the same, Halo 1-3 are 3 of my favorite games of all time. In fact Halo: CE blew me away more than any game ever has at the time of release, from the amazing graphics to mind blowing music to just an amazing story and experience.
I was actually a huge PS2 fanboy at the time and didn't want an Xbox but i caved in after seeing bits of Halo and after experiencing Halo first hand, i found it VERY hard to go back to PS2 for a good while.

RetroStu

Banned
To be honest, I believe it will outsell COD as well. COD sales are already going downward.

Nah i think thats impossible. COD Ghosts sales did go down SLIGHTLY but Ghosts was the first COD to ever really get any negative reviews and press, combine that with a suprising lack of marketing (by COD standards) and there is what happened.

With the way the new COD looks, i expect COD to be right back at the top sales wise.

Madness

Its being shown 'behind closed doors' according to one of the devs on one of the streams.

Oh, damn. Based on the conference video and then the IGN interview, it seems like it was more than playable. But I can understand why they might not want to give gamers full access yet.

Here's hoping they show full videos of matches from each version of game.

Also Frank, please tell us, is the FoV bumped up in Halo 3?

Nah i think thats impossible. COD Ghosts sales did go down SLIGHTLY but Ghosts was the first COD to ever really get any negative reviews and press, combine that with a suprising lack of marketing (by COD standards) and there is what happened.

With the way the new COD looks, i expect COD to be right back at the top sales wise.

This. Plus, CoD is on more than one platform. I'm buying both so I'm not going to be the deciding vote in that race :)

Courage

I have to agree. Also the "Warfare" branding is gonna get them sales.

Estocolmo

At first I was glad, as every Halo fan out there. But then I realised this collection doesn't contain the re-mastered versions of Halo 3 and 4, only 2. Even though Halo 4 looks very very good I would still like both that game and the third to get the remastered treatment. Because they will release all Master Chief games as a collection it feels like we won't get a remastered version of 3 or 4 in the future. That sucks

SpartanN92

Banned
At first I was glad, as every Halo fan out there. But then I realised this collection doesn't contain the re-mastered versions of Halo 3 and 4, only 2. Even though Halo 4 looks very very good I would still like both that game and the third to get the remastered treatment. Because they will release all Master Chief games as a collection it feels like we won't get a remastered version of 3 or 4 in the future. That sucks

*goldmember voice*

"Vell, it sheems there is no pleezing you"

jem0208

In multiplayer, yes the CE graphics and gameplay are going to seem very primitive compared to Halo 4. In fact, I bet its going to be pretty interesting to see how rose colored my glasses are when I play my favorite MP of the series, Halo 2, alongside the others haha.

Campaign will look great throughout all them, though.
I too wonder whether or not I am actually going to prefer playing CE to 4. Even going back to 3 feels... Wrong at first for me.

RetroStu

Banned

Dude you can't complain about this package, you just can't.
Also Halo 4 at 1080p/60fps will probably look like a fully fledged X1 title its that good looking already and Halo 3's only real problem was the awful jaggies, dat lighting!.

Falagard

I too wonder whether or not I am actually going to prefer playing CE to 4. Even going back to 3 feels... Wrong at first for me.

I think 1080p and 60fps with some AA may make a big enough difference.

Can't wait to play Halo 2 multiplayer again!

Since Halo CE fans got screwed over with Headlong being one of the remastered maps for Anniversary, can we get a remastered version of Sidewinder as one of the 6 maps?

I'm being facetious.

RoKKeR

Are any of CE's maps getting the anniversary treatment?

Also, for Halo 2's non anniversary maps, will the HD weapon skins/HUD's just be overlaid over the old stuff?

klodeckel

Banned
Are any of CE's maps getting the anniversary treatment?

Also, for Halo 2's non anniversary maps, will the HD weapon skins/HUD's just be overlaid over the old stuff?
1. No. "Just" 1080p/60fps.
2. No. Handled seperately. Halo 2 classic MP - original gfx engine / Halo 2 classic MP - new gfx (6 maps, with forge, better effects, HUD etc, but still classic Halo 2 gameplay). This would look pretty alien otherwise.

jem0208

I think 1080p and 60fps with some AA may make a big enough difference.

Can't wait to play Halo 2 multiplayer again!

Oh I'm not too worried about the graphics tbh. But the differences in gameplay are gonna be pretty huge, that said I am still ridiculously excited to play some CE and 2 online.

Halo 3 felt "wrong" at first to a lot of people even coming from Halo's 1 and 2.
I don't agree with that. At the time 3 was incredible and it still is. Just feels weird when coming from playing a lot of 4.

Estocolmo

Dude you can't complain about this package, you just can't.
Also Halo 4 at 1080p/60fps will probably look like a fully fledged X1 title its that good looking already and Halo 3's only real problem was the awful jaggies, dat lighting!.

In the long run I'm not sure. This MC collection will void any future Halo 3 and 4 re-masters won't it? Because I'm sure they are not going to re-re-release Halo 3 and 4 again when its anniversary time for them.

Halo 3 would benefit from a re-master treatment because the graphics in that game is not as advanced as it is in H4.

And yes Halo 4 as you said is going to look insane in 1080p/60fps, but imagine how a 2022 Halo 4 anniversary would look like...maybe well never get it now.

Estocolmo

*goldmember voice*

"Vell, it sheems there is no pleezing you"

Think about it in the long run. Its a bonus that we get all four MC games in 1080p/60FPS now, but this will mean that we will never get a H3 and H4 re-masters in the future because of this collection. And that sucks!

RetroStu

Banned
Think about it in the long run. Its a bonus that we get all four MC games in 1080p/60FPS now, but this will mean that we will never get a H3 and H4 re-masters in the future because of this collection. And that sucks!

I'd love to know what the devs think if they read your posts. They are putting together what is possibly the best value game package ever made and some people still aren't happy.

RoKKeR

1. No. "Just" 1080p/60fps.
2. No. Handled seperately. Halo 2 classic MP - original gfx engine / Halo 2 classic MP - new gfx (6 maps, with forge, better effects, HUD etc, but still classic Halo 2 gameplay). This would look pretty alien otherwise.

So basically the Halo CE and Halo 2 non-anniversary multiplayer is just going to look like it used to but running in 1080/60?

If I'm understanding you correctly.

Estocolmo

I'd love to know what the devs think if they read your posts. They are putting together what is possibly the best value game package ever made and some people still aren't happy.

Well dont get me wrong, I think this will be GOTY of the year together with Destiny. But still, I just can't ignore that H3 & H4 is never going to get anniversary editions because of this giant collection.

Booshka

This and the maps they redid on halo ce remake they changed stuff around and added items. Was stupid.

I was so salty I never bought CEA and have only played like one Anniversary playlist in Reach. Good on them for doing this, but I should have been playing CE MP on XBL for the past 2+ years now. Not enough people appreciate the original Halo's MP for that to have been a thing though.

I imagine very few people will stick with Halo CE MP in this collection as well, seems most Halo fans don't think it is as amazing as I do. I suspect Halo 2 and 3 will be the most popular, which will probably influence some of Halo 5's design.

RetroStu

Banned
Well dont get me wrong, I think this will be GOTY of the year together with Destiny. But still, I just can't ignore that H3 & H4 is never going to get anniversary editions because of this giant collection.

They probably will, in fact Halo 4 will almost be certain as the next Xbox will surely be out by the 10 year anniversary. Halo 3 will probably happen but it will be a cut price release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom