• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
TSOuVAk.png

NEW!!! Halo 2: Anniversary Sanctuary Reveal
NEW!!! Halo 5: Guardians Beta First Look
NEW!!! Halo Channel Premiere
Halo 2 Anniversary Cinematic Trailer
Halo 2: Anniversary Ascension Walkthrough RTX
Halo: The Master Chief Collection Story Terminal Trailer
E3 IGN Q&A with Frank O'Connor and Dan Ayoub
Halo 2 Cairo Station Gameplay Part 1
Halo 2 Cairo Station Gameplay Part 2
Halo 5: Guardians Mutiplayer Beta Teaser
Halo 2: Anniversary Multiplayer Stage Demo
Halo: The Master Chief Collection Reveal
Halo at E3 2014 Full Reveal

Looking for Customs or the nearest LAN party? Click here!

~info graphic of previous OP by klodeckel1990; info compilation by l RyanW l and StalkerUKCG

I love everything about this package. Fantastic value, great games, I'll be buying it day 1. But I saw some gameplay yesterday on IGN (Halo 2 Anniversary), and to be honest I was....kind of disappointed visually.

I played Halo CE: Anniversary on my 360 and it was good, but the framerate killed some of my enjoyment. Since this is the Xbox One, I pretty much figured these anniversary editions (1 and 2) would look flawless, but the streams I saw yesterday seemed to show terrible aliasing, I was expecting a much better IQ.

Anyone else, or am I crazy?

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Was really waiting for a compilation thread. THANKS.
Best E3 announcement for me. JAW DROPPED and was overwhelmed with the value this gives.

Syf

Banned
Announcement of the show so far in my opinion. This alone makes me want to buy an Xbox One, and I'll probably be doing that come fall. Awesome collection. Thanks for this thread.

rokkerkory

Great thread thanks!

Since we hear Arbiter speaking in the trailer for Guardians, I wonder if he will make a return. :D

Evo X

What an incredible compilation. This is all I could have hoped for and more.

Thanks for the great and informative post!

Shadders

This package is absolutely amazing.

Puts GTA V and Last Guardian rereleases to shame.

Two questions:

Will Halo 2 have clan support again?
Will we have a photo mode across all games?

Mdot

Great title. Classic line.

I'm stoked for this. That IGN video really pulled it all together and I love the way they're handling jumping between the different games and engines.

Also, Halo CE online. Come on now. That's reason enough.

Liamc723

Announcement of the show so far in my opinion. This alone makes me want to buy an Xbox One, and I'll probably be doing that come fall. Awesome collection. Thanks for this thread.

I agree with this. I already own an Xbox One, but this collection has made me so happy that I have it.

Bsigg12

I would say the only thing that would need to be changed or added is that it's Halo CE Anniversary included.

Other than that, great OP.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Impressive list, and the historical significance can't be ignored either. These Criterion-style collections are a good thing.

Almost as good as Dan Ayoub's dulcet tones.

Random17

Nice post! It would be more fitting if the thread title had a Halo 2 quote, though.

"There are those who said this day would never come..."

I hope swordflying is still in the Campaign, although Frankie implied that it isn't, since each engine runs on its post patch model, "at the end of its life cycle".

Bessy67

They just said on the stream that Forge is only supported on the 6 remastered Halo 2 maps, not all the Halo 2 maps. Still full forge support for Halo 3 and 4 though.

edit: oops, that was already in the OP.

That near 1:1 dollar to pound conversion. What the hell, MS?

Sigh,

Anyway, fantastic thread, it's nice to have all the info in one place. Subscribed.

The 2 directors are on Twitch right now answering questions.

They did some changes in textures and sound but you can switch to the original stuff.

Ein Bear

It's a real shame that ODST and Reach aren't in there too, but the collection is already a staggeringly awesome deal, so I won't complain. Halo 2: Anniversary already had me psyched, the idea of 1080p/60fps updates of the other games too is amazing.

was kinda expecting more from the graphics for halo 2 remake.

I love everything about this package. Fantastic value, great games, I'll be buying it day 1. But I saw some gameplay yesterday on IGN (Halo 2 Anniversary), and to be honest I was....kind of disappointed visually.

I played Halo CE: Anniversary on my 360 and it was good, but the framerate killed some of my enjoyment. Since this is the Xbox One, I pretty much figured these anniversary editions (1 and 2) would look flawless, but the streams I saw yesterday seemed to show terrible aliasing, I was expecting a much better IQ.

Anyone else, or am I crazy?

It's not done yet and they said there would be improvements. Take that for what you will I doubt it'll look as good as it could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom