• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

weeeeezy

Banned
What is this from? That is not in-game. Can't be.
zTZxhJP.jpg
Some third party is re-doing all the cutscenes in Halo 2 for it's anniversary.

lizardwizarding

Neo Member
Great thread. I wish ODST was included but I won't complain bc this collection is better than I thought it would be.

I want to get this digitally but lately MS has been giving credit out if you preorder it from their store, so we'll see.

Just think of it this way: 343 ropes back around to previous titles. We'll probably get an entirely new Halo game in the same vein as ODST (with the original remastered) sometime in the next 3-4 years I imagine!

I was under the same impression. I tried watching that Twitch stream just a little bit ago... But god, Twitch is buggy as hell for me.

> Craves screenshots of Scarab and High Charity.
> Craves screenshots of new, CGI Gravemind.

Oh man, I can't wait to see the vistas on Regret with the new graphics. Especially how they handle the water portions.

Halo 2 Campaign wasn't without its glaring flaws, but seeing it with stunning visuals (without that ugly burn on the 360 to boot) should at least make dying by those jackal snipers as beautiful as it is frustrating.

Can someone get confirmation of the Fuel Rod and Flamethrower is included ? Along with the Rocket warthog and Banshees ?
We need banshees damnit

Filaipus

Banned
Just one thing, they said that the exclusive PC maps WEREN'T on the collection. No idea why you posted they would be. They said that in the IGN interview with frank.

HYPE!

Naked Lunch

Theres no way that someone who even remotely considers themselves a fan of Halo could pass on this collection. This is the benchmark for all videogame remasters.

Falagard

Just one thing, they said that the exclusive PC maps WEREN'T on the collection. No idea why you posted they would be. They said that in the IGN interview with frank.

HYPE!

We've heard conflicting things. They've said some PC maps are included. They've said elsewhere they are not. And they've said all PC maps are included.

A tweet said that 93 maps are included.

Random17

I'm mostly excited for the missions "Gravemind" and "High Charity".

Running through High Charity while the Covenant tears itself apart... the Flood gains ground... Truth and the Gravemind war with impressive voice acting and dialogue.... very nice vistas...

Very melancholy and, especially because those missions had some of the best tracks in the series. Easily the best part of any Halo campaign, in my humble opinion.

Highcharity1600.jpg

Never forget.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
We've heard conflicting things. They've said some PC maps are included. They've said elsewhere they are not. And they've said all PC maps are included.

All shipped and dlc maps are now included, including the two extra h2 maps.

metzger203

Is there any chance we'll get multiplayer theater for Halo 1 and 2?

Has there been any word on clans from Halo 2?

Does Halo 1 multiplayer include the fuel rod cannon and flamethrower?

Will Halo 1 at 60fps still have the 30fps hand animations?

Filaipus

Banned
There's literally a screenshot of the H2V maps.

O, I was talking about Halo:CE maps, my bad. (never played Halo2 on PC)

Well, Frank himself said that the Halo:CE exclusive maps weren't coming so... I don't know.

Buwx

Oh man, I can't wait to see the vistas on Regret with the new graphics. Especially how they handle the water portions.

Halo 2 Campaign wasn't without its glaring flaws, but seeing it with stunning visuals (without that ugly burn on the 360 to boot) should at least make dying by those jackal snipers as beautiful as it is frustrating.

In general I'm just really excited to see the graphical updates. The Spectre, the Forerunner Enforcers, Tartarus, Honor Guards, Councilors. Halo 2 was an incredibly diverse game when it came to graphics and content, and introduced a lot of environments, weapons, and characters that were never seen again. So finally being able to see all that content in HD will be very satisfying.

I, as a Covie-lore geek, am really interested in seeing their graphical decisions (such as Elite and Brute armor) since Covenant armor, weapon, and vehicle designs have legitimate, canonical impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom