• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prezhulio

Well they have said split screen is supported but didn't go into details of how and system link is planned for launch (great for tourney play)

thanks! i was in no matter what, but i was going to be awfully surprised if there was no local multiplayer support. can't wait to relive some glory days of halo 2 multiplayer.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I just had a thought. Roster teeth is going to love this.....can't wait to see what they do with it.

Toa TAK

Banned
At least you can save clips from the XB1

Halo montages about to become a plague ahhhhh

This is going to be the best.

Also, I think I read in the previous thread that the music in the Anniversary games would do away with Marty's music. Does this mean I can't switch back and forth from Anniversary music to Marty's (superior) music?

I play with Anniversary graphics and Marty's (Classic) music. Obviously not a deal-breaker, but it's a big deal to me.

Pls respond

This is going to be the best.

Also, I think I read in the previous thread that the music in the Anniversary games would do away with Marty's music. Does this mean I can't switch back and forth from Anniversary music to Marty's (superior) music?

I play with Anniversary graphics and Marty's (Classic) music. Obviously not a deal-breaker, but it's a big deal to me.

Pls respond
I would imagine it's just going to be rerecorded music. It should still be the same compositions (or close to it) if it's truly trying to stay true to the original, and I'm pretty sure that Halo CEA was just rerecorded music. If that's the case then it is still Marty's compositions.

So, any guesses on the install size for this badboy? Isn't it going to be insane with 100 maps, 4 campaigns and 50 spops missions?

Or is it all floatin in the cloud or something :p

Toa TAK

Banned
I would imagine it's just going to be rerecorded music. It should still be the same compositions (or close to it) if it's truly trying to stay true to the original, and I'm pretty sure that Halo CEA was just rerecorded music. If that's the case then it is still Marty's compositions.

Ehhh. I would much prefer what the original Halo CEA did. Switching between not only graphics, but music was a perfect design choice. The CEA music wasn't terrible or anything (but it did have issues not matching up with the cutscenes, a la the cutscene with Chief and Keyes on POA).

Just really hope they don't screw that up, Marty's music is pure magic.

Archpath1

Halo: Master collection l OT l Halo is love, Halo is life.

So glad this is coming out i have some friends that didn't get to experience H2.
great opportunity

So, any guesses on the install size for this badboy? Isn't it going to be insane with 100 maps, 4 campaigns and 50 spops missions?

Or is it all floatin in the cloud or something :p

This game will be when I get a 2TB HDD for my xbox. So glad it seems the USB 3 externals actually improve performance.

Man, this news kinda bummed me out. I'm just now really getting into the Halo games (I know, I know) with that bundle of Halo 3, ODST, Reach and 4 for $18 GameStop had, and bought the remake of Halo CE off a fellow gaffer so all I am missing is Halo 2 so I was really hoping a Halo 2: Anniversary Edition would be announced so that's all I'm missing. Does rhe original game work on the 360? Might just have to buy that then as I have no real need for a One anytime soon.

border

The original games all fit on 7GB discs. DLC Maps and Spartan Ops probably won't add that much. I am guessing 37 GB install.

Man, this news kinda bummed me out. I'm just now really getting into the Halo games (I know, I know) with that bundle of Halo 3, ODST, Reach and 4 for $18 GameStop had, and bought the remake of Halo CE off a fellow gaffer so all I am missing is Halo 2 so I was really hoping a Halo 2: Anniversary Edition would be announced so that's all I'm missing. Does rhe original game work on the 360? Might just have to buy that then as I have no real need for a One anytime soon.

If I was you I would just play ODST and Reach since they are not part of the package, and then play the rest in 1080p/60fps/online-co-op-glory with fresh eyes. Reach will be good starting point by itself as it takes place before all the other games (except for Halo Wars). Then you can play ODST as a fun little marine story, and then you can wait for this and play the four main Halos. Soulds like a solid plan.

JDHarbs

As long as you have an HDD, Halo 2 will work on your 360.

The original games all fit on 7GB discs. DLC Maps and Spartan Ops probably won't add that much. I am guessing 37 GB install.

I wonder if it includes all the cinematics too though... Halo four had all the terminal videos and spartan ops vids online and they were streamed to the console during play right?

I'm really excited about this. I've never played Halo before (after rejecting it for so many years) but this collection has pretty much done all the dirty work for me. The fact that it comes with EVERYTHING is a huge selling point for people like me who are dying for a collection to play through without having to switch disk. Hopefully I will enjoy it and this time, go in it open minded. Microsoft did good on this, but why no 360 ver?

So, are the Covenant models we have seen so far in H2A from Halo Reach? As far as I can tell both the Elites and Grunts are those models, and not something new from the ground up.

Dead

well not really...yet
Glad to see CEA, 3, and 4 are confirme for 1080 and 60fps. This sounds glorious

Between this and Bayo 1 on wii u I won't feel as bad about tossing my 360 to the curb.

Filaipus

Banned
So, are the Covenant models we have seen so far in H2A from Halo Reach? As far as I can tell both the Elites and Grunts are those models, and not something new from the ground up.

They told it is a mix. Like, they didn't just copy the models from Halo4 (it would be Halo4 and not reach) and put them in H2A, they changed some things. See the IGN interview, it's pretty cool.

I think one of the Elites on Cairo Station was the Halo 4 wife beater Elite :(

Makes sense for a space chicken or a swole Brute to bare their arms, but not an Elite. Never understood that design.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I can't believe I'm actually considering buying an Xbox One just for this Halo Master Chief Compilation. I mean I'm honestly thinking of plonking down $400 for the console and $60 for this one game (4 in 1) and then buying XboxLive to play it online, and to me it seems like an actual good value. WTF????

Microsoft, well done. I didn't think you could do it, but you may have convinced me to buy an Xbox One. Dear Mother of God....

I can't believe I'm actually considering buying an Xbox One just for this Halo Master Chief Compilation. I mean I'm honestly thinking of plonking down $400 for the console and $60 for this one game (4 in 1) and then buying XboxLive to play it online, and to me it seems like an actual good value. WTF????

Microsoft, well done. I didn't think you could do it, but you may have convinced me to buy an Xbox One. Dear Mother of God....

You could probably get the console much cheaper than that by November lol, but yea it's a hell of a deal. Really glad I chose the Xbox One for my first next-gen system.

Awesome collection!! They need to remaster all the original Halo 2 maps though, not just a handful. Other than that, I'd buy this in a heartbeat if I had a XB1 (not too likely by this winter).

Pre-ordered this. Can not wait. I know this is for Halo fans first, but it's convinced two friends of mine to get XB1's (and they weren't interested before). Hoping more XB1's mean more people in the lobbies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom