• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Error. There's no 360 version that doesn't involve lots of old boxes and some imagination.

Played a mid-polish version of one of the remake maps yesterday. Dat water. Dem rocks. Dat sky.

Really coming along.

Water eh

Beaver creek confirmed

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Error. There's no 360 version that doesn't involve lots of old boxes and some imagination.

Played a mid-polish version of one of the remake maps yesterday. Dat water. Dem rocks. Dat sky.

Really coming along.

Who are you again? I think amazon would probably know more then some random user on a forum.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

Really coming along.

Love it.

Talking about water reminds me of the old Halo 3 weekly updates.

Zanzibar how I loved thee. Remember finding out you could launch your teammates from the water base to the flag base with the warthog if you set your handicap to high. We thought we were so cool 8)

Lots of Warthog launching with tons of barrels and the big fan.

Frankie, you guys should disable party chat while playing the Collection online. Multiplayer games are so dull nowadays due to lack of communication, so satisfying owning your taunter, or teamwork with communication leading to an awesome last second win.

Party Chat killed a big part of the social aspect of online gaming :(

My excitement for this collection can not be satiated. I hopped on H3 on Bungie day and man did I get some bad hosts. Dedicated servers are gonna do wonders for these games.

Frankie, you guys should disable party chat while playing the Collection online. Multiplayer games are so dull nowadays due to lack of communication, so satisfying owning your taunter, or teamwork with communication leading to an awesome last second win.

It did not kill it so much as shift control of who you talk to back to the player and most players would rather talk to their friends while they play then randoms. I think a lobby or two would be fine but a multiplayer-wide ban on party chat would be lame

most players would rather talk to their friends while they play then randoms.

Exactly, so in turn this kills the social aspect of team based games unless you've got a party chat full of everyone on your team.

My buddies aren't always available to play when I am, so it sucks going into a bigass game like Battlefield and not hearing a single peep out of anyone. "OH SHIT DUDE LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!" *teammate dies because he didn't hear me*

Multiplayer on the Xbox was great because of all the chatter going on, The original Gears was great on the 360 when party chat hadn't hit yet. Great smack talk in the lobby and then you got to gloat or shut up at the end of the round when you did or didn't back up the smack talk.

I know everyone has different opinions on this, and this is just mine :)

Exactly, so in turn this kills the social aspect of team based games unless you've got a party chat full of everyone on your team.

My buddies aren't always available to play when I am, so it sucks going into a bigass game like Battlefield and not hearing a single peep out of anyone. "OH SHIT DUDE LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!" *teammate dies because he didn't hear me*

Multiplayer on the Xbox was great because of all the chatter going on, The original Gears was great on the 360 when party chat hadn't hit yet. Great smack talk in the lobby and then you got to gloat or shut up at the end of the round when you did or didn't back up the smack talk.

The problem with the older chat system was having to listen to lots of morons, rage rants, griefers and the like, but honestly, I enjoyed those far more than having zero coversation.

Sephzilla

The problem with the older chat system was having to listen to lots of morons, rage rants, griefers and the like, but honestly, I enjoyed those far more than having zero coversation.

I'd totally support party chat being disabled at least when playing ranked multiplayer matches. Even though nobody enjoys a 12 year old screaming in their ear, the worst thing that happened to Halo in my opinion was the birth of party chat on the Xbox 360. Halo 3 multiplayer became a barren wasteland of silence after that, and teamwork kind of started to die as a result. Thus people I think started to abandon objective playlists slowly in favor of the more mindless Slayer playlists.

Looking through my old Halo 2 stats for dat' nostalgia and totally forgot about the clans, is the remaster going to include the "clans" feature?

FRANKEEEEE FRANKEE FRANKE FRANKIE, Halo 5 idea bro!

Booties

Banned
Looking through my old Halo 2 stats for dat' nostalgia and totally forgot about the clans, is the remaster going to include the "clans" feature?

FRANKEEEEE FRANKEE FRANKE FRANKIE, Halo 5 idea bro!

I think it's just going to use to bone's "follow" feature or whatever it is.

For the love of GOD please please do this. It will not be the Halo 2 magical experience if everyone's in bloody party chat. But they won't because some people might not like it.

But if they did...I would purchase an XB1.

tootsi666

The real problem is that not everyone in EU speak English fluently. If there was no party chat I could not play matchmaking with my friends at all. It is not uncommon to have two swedes, one french and an italian in one team. If those two swedes want to speak Swedish with each other they need party chat.

I had asked a question of the devs at the behind-closed-doors presenation at RTX and a couple of devs hangin' out at my booth, but are the skulls that are being added to Halo 2 Anniversary such as infinite ammo going to be available for use in Halo 1,3, and 4?

Also the retailer specific skulls, any chance of getting those post-launch?

m23

I had asked a question of the devs at the behind-closed-doors presenation at RTX and a couple of devs hangin' out at my booth, but are the skulls that are being added to Halo 2 Anniversary such as infinite ammo going to be available for use in Halo 1,3, and 4?

Also the retailer specific skulls, any chance of getting those post-launch?

Don't know about the first question but in regards to the second one, yes. Those will be made available to everyone sometime after launch.

The real problem is that not everyone in EU speak English fluently. If there was no party chat I could not play matchmaking with my friends at all. It is not uncommon to have two swedes, one french and an italian in one team. If those two swedes want to speak Swedish with each other they need party chat.

X TO MUTE

also, your statement doesn't really make sense. How would you not be able to play matchmaking with your friends if party chat was disabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom