• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueblur1

h2aloobyuys57.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/JumPeRJumPzZ/status/501137202060201985

I saw the Custom Games lobby on-screen during the stream at some point and ended up wondering if I actually saw the player list on the bottom of the screen. Sure enough, there it is.

I really wonder why 343 is so averse to putting the player list on the right like Halo 2 did and every other modern games currently does. I really want to know why.

Voho

Source: https://twitter.com/JumPeRJumPzZ/status/501137202060201985

I saw the Custom Games lobby on-screen during the stream at some point and ended up wondering if I actually saw the player list on the bottom of the screen. Sure enough, there it is.

I really wonder why 343 is so averse to putting the player list on the right like Halo 2 did and every other modern games currently does. I really want to know why.

Anything is better than Halo 4's baseball cards.

Reach UI is still god-tier, since it had everything Halo 2 and 3 got right and more (Active roster, Player model visible when focused upon, etc.), but at least 343 seems to be wandering in a better direction.

nzlpablo

Neo Member
Will more custom game info be released at PAX? (a custom game/competitive-related AMA or panel would be awesome)

I'm itching to know what the hosting options are for custom games, i.e.

1. Can you utilize the public dedicated servers for private custom matches? (e.g. for an organized competitive match online where neither team gets a host advantage).

2. Can you choose a local host? (like how in H2 the person who started the lobby would also be made host).

I'm so hyped it hurts.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Will more custom game info be released at PAX? (a custom game/competitive-related AMA or panel would be awesome)

I'm itching to know what the hosting options are for custom games, i.e.

1. Can you utilize the public dedicated servers for private custom matches? (e.g. for an organized competitive match online where neither team gets a host advantage).

2. Can you choose a local host? (like how in H2 the person who started the lobby would also be made host).

I'm so hyped it hurts.

the way i understand it... is every game will be using a dedicated server.

chaosaeon

Sorry if this has been asked, but is there local split screen co-op or MP for Halo 1 or 2 like in the original ? Not picking this up for a long time if it doesn't.

It would totally kick ass, it's one of my favorite entries in the franchise. I loved the tone of the game, its music, the storytelling, the gameplay... and I really enjoyed its Firefight more than Reach's.

Yeah why was Firefight in ODST so amazing? Reach's was very...well..not amazing.

Just got done watching the Master Chief Collection Gamescom Finals, I don't think I can be hyped for it anymore then I already am. November 11th cannot get here fast enough.

Bio-Frost

I wonder if its possible to glitch in the single player like you could before. In delth halo it was super easy to get outside of the bounds of the level.

IHaveIce

Banned
Game is so awesome I loved what I played.

Also cool to meet Tashi in person, dude is really kind and is tall like a giant, though I am generally small for veing in the midtwenties, I felt like a dwarf compared to him.

Next to each other we could be Rocket raccoon and Groot

I haven't had time to read through many posts in this thread but during that stream. Did it look like some of the pro teams need more practice? Some games where one team won by a large margin made it a walk in the park. Really not too familiar with halo pro league. Was there any usa teams in this tournament?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Sorry to be annoying are somehow spammer, but I think this post really deserves some attention:

>> Halo MCC remasters voices in international markets... by removing them! (not even subs for other regions)

Yes. We know. We'll discuss it when we have something meaningful to beyond schedule and budget and it is something we are very aware of for H5, but please understand you have been heard and taken seriously. We will now continue with regularly scheduled programming.

Ramirez

Man, I really love Halo 2 MP, but I kind of wish they could have axed all of the glitches, specifically super bouncing. That shit straight up ruined games on Zanzibar and a few others, hopefully the pixel movement or whatever nips it in the bud. A killzone in the attic on Terminal would have been great too, seeing as how there's no way to access it if the other team spawns in there. /baffled

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't this going to be the most fragmented multiplayer game in history?
It'll be interesting to see how it plays out, that's for sure. I wonder if people will treat it like a single game with many different playlists / modes, or if they'll just stick to their favorite game, despite only having one dedicated playlist per game (as far as we currently know).

Yes. We know. We'll discuss it when we have something meaningful to beyond schedule and budget and it is something we are very aware of for H5, but please understand you have been heard and taken seriously. We will now continue with regularly scheduled programming.

hopefully you make the right choice.
new dubs for latinomerica and spain :)

Madness

Man, I really love Halo 2 MP, but I kind of wish they could have axed all of the glitches, specifically super bouncing. That shit straight up ruined games on Zanzibar and a few others, hopefully the pixel movement or whatever nips it in the bud. A killzone in the attic on Terminal would have been great too, seeing as how there's no way to access it if the other team spawns in there. /baffled

Yeah I wonder what kind of surveys or player testing they did where they decided more wanted the glitches than those who wanted them all fixed. I fear as time goes on, I'll eventually stop playing Halo 2 when a lot of games start getting ruined. Hopefully they keep an eye on it, and it's something they can hopefully patch fix later if enough start complaining.

kdash7

Plus moar native pixelz

Thanks for confirming!! Can you also confirm if there will be any visual and effects downgrade when playing in 4 player split screen on any of the Halos? Like it currently happens when playing halo 4 and reach split screen.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Yeah I wonder what kind of surveys or player testing they did where they decided more wanted the glitches than those who wanted them all fixed. I fear as time goes on, I'll eventually stop playing Halo 2 when a lot of games start getting ruined. Hopefully they keep an eye on it, and it's something they can hopefully patch fix later if enough start complaining.

I really wish they would have fixed it from the start. People want to play it competitive but the glitches hurt that style. Should have had a custom game option for glitches which will load the unpatched engine.

Halo 2 really deserves an exploit free experience for once (considering the shit all of us had to experience near the end of the game life)

While zanzibar was bad, headlong was waaaaaay worse

id say the complete opposite. you have matchmaking for HALO 1-4, which uses all the maps and game modes from the games, so you have the ability to vote on what maps you want to play. the MCC is the only way to play Halo on the Xbox One until Halo 5, so i think people will be playing the hell out of MCC since you have the option of playing so many different things.

Leyasu

Banned

Hey Stinkles, I want to be heard and taken seriously...

So for the tenth time, can you confirm one way or the other if we can choose the datacenter where we matchmake please?????

Come on, please put us non North Americans out of our misery

This is the only thing me and my non-GAF mates want go know

Prologue

I was watching over some halo 3 cut scenes today.

Halo: Master Chief Collection |OT| A little souvenir I hung onto...just in case.

Halo: Master Chief Collection |OT| There are those who said this day would never come.

depends on the playlists.

hoping each game has their own btb playlist, cause it's going to lead to a point where everyone votes for the same game. don't think anyone is going to vote for combat evolved or halo 4.

edit: just remembered about how you can filter

Prologue

depends on the playlists.

hoping each game has their own btb playlist, cause it's going to lead to a point where everyone votes for the same game. don't think anyone is going to vote for combat evolved or halo 4.

edit: just remembered about how you can filter

No one is going to vote for combat evolved? Many people have been crying for that mode.

Kibbles

If this is a port of Halo 2 vista (which with the mouse movement thing Jeff G saw, it might be), superbouncing isn't in. I don't know why they haven't confirmed 100% if they are in or not tho :S

coughlanio

This is getting me to buy an XB1. Would be nice if they released a "Halo: The Extended Universe Collection" after Halo 5, with ODST and Reach, with some other content like Halo: Legends.

This is getting me to buy an XB1. Would be nice if they released a "Halo: The Extended Universe Collection" after Halo 5, with ODST and Reach, with some other content like Halo: Legends.

Could they be packaging ODST and Reach as DLC for the MCC down the track?

No one is going to vote for combat evolved? Many people have been crying for that mode.

There needs to be a Halo 1 Blood Gulch 24/7 playlist

aj1467

I'm gonna guess Halo: Legends will be available on the halo channel since FuD, nightfall and the future tv show are gonna be shown on there.

darthbob

Could they be packaging ODST and Reach as DLC for the MCC down the track?

There needs to be a Halo 1 Blood Gulch 24/7 playlist

First question, not likely considering the collection of games is called the Master Chief Collection and ODST literally has zero Spartans in it. Reach's John-117 easter egg nonwithstanding.

As for Blood Gulch in MCC, I hope it features Banshees like in Halo PC.

First question, not likely considering the collection of games is called the Master Chief Collection and ODST literally has zero Spartans in it. Reach's John-117 easter egg nonwithstanding.

As for Blood Gulch in MCC, I hope it features Banshees like in Halo PC.

Ahhhh of course but that still shouldn't stop them naming the DLC packs appropriately :p

RdN

Hey Stinkles, I want to be heard and taken seriously...

So for the tenth time, can you confirm one way or the other if we can choose the datacenter where we matchmake please?????

Come on, please put us non North Americans out of our misery

This is the only thing me and my non-GAF mates want go know

This is actually a very important question. Hopefully Frank can answer.

OG Kush

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out, that's for sure. I wonder if people will treat it like a single game with many different playlists / modes, or if they'll just stick to their favorite game, despite only having one dedicated playlist per game (as far as we currently know).

Wow. This really sucks balls.. seriously wtf?!

Neper

Neo Member
Sorry to be annoying are somehow spammer, but I think this post really deserves some attention:

>> Halo MCC remasters voices in international markets... by removing them! (not even subs for other regions)

I understand, and thanks a lot for answering, really. But it's a shame that we will get a full-english game in Spanish territories... was my main reason for getting an XOne.

Anyone else switch from Halo 4 to playing the shit out of Reach?

It's party because Reach is the last Bungie Halo and is tiding me over in between the Destiny beta and launch, but it's mostly because Reach isn't included in the MCC.

Sad, because Reach in particular could really benefit from the increased resolution and frame rate. Playing it in 2014 fells like watching a flip book. Terrible ghosting issues, but still overall a really fun Halo game.

I'm hoping there will be a Halo: Spartan Collection in the future that remasters ODST, Reach and Halo Wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom