• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope all is well Mr. Frank O'Connor (Stinkles),

Grenade hit markers and indicators in Halo 2 Anniversary... I don't want to nitpick, but especially after watching the tournaments at Gamescom a lot of us think that the grenade indicators and hit markers really ruined a lot of plays (there is a thread on Halo Waypoint as well).

People throwing grenades across the map and not making visual contact, yet knowing where the enemy is because of a hit marker. That just is not fair and will increase spawn trapping, make stealth way harder, and reduce the skill it takes to be aware of the battle and communicate effectively.

Also, I noticed many players see grenade indicators and simply move away from grenades they would have otherwise been hit by without the indicator.

Is this due to a work in progress or from the Halo 4 base, or is this going to be an intentional feature?

Thanks and keep up the AMAZING work!

Homeboyd

Wait, so is each individual game getting a single playlist that mixes and matches big team slayer with other game types like free for all? That would suck if so...
My guess is the one playlist (if that was accurate info) wouldn't have a mixture of 4v4 and 8v8 gametypes in the same playlist. Would likely be 4v4 and have a mixture of slayer, objective and the non-core stuff like snipers, swap, etc... But it may not be accurate to begin with so who knows.

And it doesn't matter much to begin with if all you're trying to do is avoid Halo 4. No one anywhere is voting for a halo 4 map/gt when there's at least one other option of H1-3 available at the same time.

Vast.

Banned
Anyone else switch from Halo 4 to playing the shit out of Reach?

It's party because Reach is the last Bungie Halo and is tiding me over in between the Destiny beta and launch, but it's mostly because Reach isn't included in the MCC.

Sad, because Reach in particular could really benefit from the increased resolution and frame rate. Playing it in 2014 fells like watching a flip book. Terrible ghosting issues, but still overall a really fun Halo game.

I'm hoping there will be a Halo: Spartan Collection in the future that remasters ODST, Reach and Halo Wars.
I imagine this would be a FANTASTIC opportunity for when they plan on releasing Halo Wars 2. And it could get the same beta treatment with the Spartan Collection that Halo 5 is getting in MCC.

I imagine this would be a FANTASTIC opportunity for when they plan on releasing Halo Wars 2. And it could get the same beta treatment with the Spartan Collection that Halo 5 is getting in MCC.

Agreed, although based on speculation about the Bungie+Microsoft relationship, I'm going to guess it'll never happen. Apparently MS was all pissy about ODST and Reach because their flagship hero Master Chief wasn't in them.

But hopefully the possibility of another "collection" game is up to 343 and not just the MS overlords.

m23

All I need is a 4v4 slayer playlist and an objective playlist for halo 2 anniversary, halo 2 and halo 3 and I'm good.

Leyasu

Banned
This is actually a very important question. Hopefully Frank can answer.

I get the impression that everyone thinks that the choose a datacenter option is a given after titanfall...

But seeing as they are going to want to keep the playlists as stuffed as possible AND they are going to matchmake us by rank. Im scared that it is going to be like every other halo.... The middle finger to everyone not in North America

Eoin

I get the impression that everyone thinks that the choose a datacenter option is a given after titanfall...

But seeing as they are going to want to keep the playlists as stuffed as possible AND they are going to matchmake us by rank. Im scared that it is going to be like every other halo.... The middle finger to everyone not in North America
Should work ok with some matchmaking options like the previous games had, ie, good connection, fastest, skill. With good connection not expanding the search to other data centres, but giving you a longer wait.

Oozer3993

I wonder if its possible to glitch in the single player like you could before. In delth halo it was super easy to get outside of the bounds of the level.

I think that glitch will still be there. Unless 343 feel like being really mean. Most of the fun glitches in CE were still there in Anniversary (you could still do the descent from the first bridge in AotCR, the huge shortcuts in Silent Cartographer are still there, and you can still get a really early Banshee in AotCR [though that is harder]).

Neper

Neo Member
[...]and you can still get a really early Banshee in AotCR [though that is harder]).

Loved to do that back when I was a kid. Storming the gates of the Control Room's hallway with a Banshee was super fun.

Hope that I can still get to Tartarus with a Banshee in H2A!!

RdN

Should work ok with some matchmaking options like the previous games had, ie, good connection, fastest, skill. With good connection not expanding the search to other data centres, but giving you a longer wait.

Yeah, but historically, Halo games (specially Halo 4) performed very poorly for those outside the US. We even had a big discussion around Halo 4 launch on how bad the connection and latency issues were for those in the UK, Australia and Brazil. Let's just hope 343i can use the dedicated servers to fully mitigate this issue.

I'm so excited for the record option. Ill actually able to show off those crazy plasma grenade sticks instead of excitedly describe them.

In fact I asked to 343i at gamescom some info about the dedicated servers and they said to me that the dedicated servers are for MP only NOT campaign so if you still do not have a good connection you can experience lag issues in coop like in the previous games.
Sadly the game is made in this way with the host (Bungie explained one time) it is not possible to change that system.

Chitown B

I understand, and thanks a lot for answering, really. But it's a shame that we will get a full-english game in Spanish territories... was my main reason for getting an XOne.

Will it stop you from buying it? You seem to speak English really well.

Not using servers for campaign seems normal to me, but this means the halo 1 co-op is still using that terrible lan patch job netcode that H1A seems to use, unless 343 have redone the code for it.

In fact I asked to 343i at gamescom some info about the dedicated servers and they said to me that the dedicated servers are for MP only NOT campaign so if you still do not have a good connection you can experienced lag in coop.
Sadly the game is made in this way with the host (Bungie explained one time) it is not possible to change that system.

Completely different network protocol. Makes sense.

Tomash

In fact I asked to 343i at gamescom some info about the dedicated servers and they said to me that the dedicated servers are for MP only NOT campaign so if you still do not have a good connection you can experience lag issues in coop like in the previous games.

Sadness. Yet another generation of unplayable Halo co-op for me. What about custom games?

My xbone arrived today and I have nothing to play on it. GG! Time to watch some tv on my xbox on my tv.

I've been stuck with titanfall and PvZ since march and it's getting to me, my xbone is 95% twitch box right now.

I had forza 5 for 2 weeks, it was a rush job and I prefer to play 4

JohnIIVII

I've been stuck with titanfall and PvZ since march and it's getting to me, my xbone is 95% twitch box right now.

Same here lol. Great games but I am sick of them now to the point that I am going to pick up diablo 3 tomorrow for xbone and play through that again. Hurry up Destiny and MCC!

Leyasu

Banned

What should work??

Everyone who i speak to just wants to make sure the days of laggy shit halo are over! Titanfall worked so well, just imagining halo like that makes my mouth water..

On the other hand, another halo that plays on-line like the rest makes me want to sell my bone

JohnIIVII

What should work??

Everyone who i speak to just wants to make sure the days of laggy shit halo are over! Titanfall worked so well, just imagining halo like that makes my mouth water..

On the other hand, another halo that plays on-line like the rest makes me want to sell my bone

Microsofts dedicated servers have been excellent so far so I wouldn't be too worried. I even enjoyed the Destiny beta much more on my xbone vs my ps4 due to more stable servers

Leyasu

Banned
Microsofts dedicated servers have been excellent so far so I wouldn't be too worried. I even enjoyed the Destiny beta much more on my xbone vs my ps4 due to more stable servers

Dude, destiny is 100% peer 2 peer. Perhaps the back end stuff is better.?

Onikaan

So is there any hope for the Combat Evolved Online Co-op? Some changes behind the scenes that may improve it?

The connection on that was dire.

Eoin

What should work??
Picking a data centre or it picking your nearest one for you while taking ranks into account as well.

I'd imagine it's default behaviour would be searching for games at your rank and data centre and expanding both out if it can't find a game. With a few matchmaking preferences it would allow people to make this stricter, ie only search for games on a close data centre or only match me with people close in skill. This would obviously make matchmaking take longer, but would let you specify what is most important to you. It'll all come down to population though, if no-one in your region is playing you're fucked :) I've no idea if they'll implement this, but it would make sense.

EvB

Stinkles, when might we see some Non Halo 2 related stuff?
I'm kinda excited to see some footage of Halo 3 and 4 in 1080p/60

Also, will Halo 3/4 still feature full saved clip sharing the same as they did originally?

Afro

xoby2c9f.gif

x-post.

Awesome, thanks! Nice to see them put this level of attention to detail into this collection.
Now, where's my menu option to only play Halo2/3 music so I never have to hear the Halo 4 soundtrack again?

Just click on Halo 2/3 campaign and it will probably play until clicked off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom