• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over and Booshka actually got banned?

Can't wait to see PAX presentations. Please Frankie, show some clips of a 60 fps CTF on blood Gulch in CE, or some BTB in Sandtrap with choppers. Just want to see what they look and play like. Hopefully you guys announce the final map for H2A, shouldn't be a mystery like this, only two months from launch.

A 60fps montage of mp and campaign for halo cea,2,3 and 4 would be adequate ;)

No, wait! This Gamestop thing is on September 10th – one day of Destiny will be good enough that I can sneak over to Anaheim and play some Halo.

Yes. This can work! I can do this. Aside from any potential work problems that pop up.

Exciting! =)

Madness

I don't even know how I'm going to handle 4 halo games and destiny on a single box. :(

destiny is glorious

Two months of Destiny is enough I think. PvP was kind of shit, so I don't think it'll have legs beyond the initial rush. PvE was fun, but how long can it go, especially since Xbox One won't get the exclusive strike and map for over a year. By November, I'll be dying to play Halo again. Can't wait to play the campaigns again, see Halo 3 Sierra 117 opening level in 1080p 60 fps.

Not only will MCC have ranking, but the 3 week long beta will keep people hooked. After that, you have a solid 10 months of ranked competitive game play. Sure some will say these are old games, but if we can get 10-20 players playing consistently, unified menu, we can jump from BTB in Halo 3, to Team Slayer in Halo 2 instantly etc.

Hubble

1. There will probably not be an MLG playlist, but maybe a Hardcore playlist like in Halo 2.

Lets hope. They can still make changes. One of the things that made Halo 3 so great was the wide variety of playlists. They should do the same for this and perhaps just add all of the playlists it had but especially MLG. The MLG community has been clamoring for its own playlist like it had in Halo 3 with its official settings for sometime now. It is one of the most requested features/complaints.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Anyone in Toronto hear anything about MCC being playable at Fan Expo next week?

Also, this thread is getting out of hand. Let's get it back on track.

ibt91GhmIa3A2Z.gif

Gif credit: TheOddOne

he should have got all of them with the first rocket. shame.

RoKKeR

No, wait! This Gamestop thing is on September 10th – one day of Destiny will be good enough that I can sneak over to Anaheim and play some Halo.

Yes. This can work! I can do this. Aside from any potential work problems that pop up.

Exciting! =)

Nice! I'm pumped to see more impressions of H2A as we approach launch, along with seeing how Halo 3 looks.

Frankie...

...pls

op_ivy

You guys are too used to those WOMDs in Reach & 4.

naw, he aimed at the first player up the ramp rather then mid, despite all of them in sight. still, i know i'd get my shit pushed in 10 different ways by any of those guys.

jdouglas

Wait...are there armor abilities? I saw whatever was posted in the OP, but it wasn't very clear to me...

So it says "no armor abilities" BUT I thought I saw somewhere that they changed the name or something ("oh, no, these aren't armor abilites, they're spartan abilites. Totally different" or something like that)...

op_ivy

Wait...are there armor abilities? I saw whatever was posted in the OP, but it wasn't very clear to me...

So it says "no armor abilities" BUT I thought I saw somewhere that they changed the name or something ("oh, no, these aren't armor abilites, they're spartan abilites. Totally different" or something like that)...

i think you are thinking about halo 5, which apparently doesnt have armor abilities (in which you pick from one of many) but rather spartan abilities (in which all players have access to). spartan abilities appear to be things like dash, slide, and ground pound.

Ramirez

naw, he aimed at the first player up the ramp rather then mid, despite all of them in sight. still, i know i'd get my shit pushed in 10 different ways by any of those guys.

The only one he hit directly was the first guy, I don't think splash damage should kill 3 guys from that distance personally.

Mix

The only one he hit directly was the first guy, I don't think splash damage should kill 3 guys from that distance personally.

Nah man, it's plenty close enough. Also, this post reminds me of the total lack of Splash damage in the Halo 4 E3 build I played at RTX in 2012. Ridiculous. I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

Ramirez

Nah man, it's plenty close enough. Also, this post reminds me of the total lack of Splash damage in the Halo 4 E3 build I played at RTX in 2012. Ridiculous. I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

It killed two of them, and the 3rd guy clearly jumps as he it's about to hit, the rockets have been EZmode'd into the dirt the past couple games, it's fine.

m23

So, only sprint is (unfortunately) here to stay?

We don't know about sprint. As for armor abilities, apparently those are gone. Instead we are getting "spartan abilities" which are more akin to things like dual wielding and vehicle jacking.

Madness

It killed two of them, and the 3rd guy clearly jumps as he it's about to hit, the rockets have been EZmode'd into the dirt the past couple games, it's fine.

Was taken one step further with the incineration cannon. Even blindfolded if you fired it at least at someone, you were bound to get multi-kills. I even took a photo once where I completely missed and hit a side wall on Haven and yet I got a killtacular because of the huge splash and second blast.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Okay HaloGAF Thread: Non-Community Edition, show's over on the hype thread. Make new threads whenever there's new news about the MCC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom