• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

halo NOT coming to gba

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
http://bungie.net/News/Story.aspx?link=A5A942B0-EA26-4422-A02A-50A45CAC0440

No Handheld Halo

Posted by Frankie at 6/11/2004 4:44 PM
Recent internet reporting has suggested that a Game Boy version of Halo is in the works. We can officially lay that rumor to rest.

There is no Game Boy version of Halo planned, and none in production. It's very unlikely that such a version would ever happen for all the obvious reasons, and the less obvious reasons, that the ColecoVision talks fell apart and The Bandai Pippin version is taking up all our development bandwidth…

ignowned

DJ Sl4m

DAMN!!! A handheld version of Halo which played similarly to Ikari Warriors would have been soooooooo bad ass too. :(

Mason

Microsoft recently put Oddworld on the GBA, so it's not like Halo could never happen. It's quite possible, actually.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I look at that post again, and I see that he feels the information slipped too early. Maybe Bungie has to deny it? Maybe the details aren't finalized yet? All I know is where there's smoke there's usually fire, and I'd like to see a few gaming media staffers (IGN or otherwise) pop up in this thread and give us their opinion on the matter...even if it's to say no comment :)

op_ivy

Lost Weekend said:
I look at that post again, and I see that he feels the information slipped too early. Maybe Bungie has to deny it? Maybe the details aren't finalized yet? All I know is where there's smoke there's usually fire, and I'd like to see a few gaming media staffers (IGN or otherwise) pop up in this thread and give us their opinion on the matter...even if it's to say no comment :)

ummmm no. if that were the case, they'd remain silent on it. they wouldnt flat out say in plain english "There is no Game Boy version of Halo planned, and none in production. It's very unlikely that such a version would ever happen for all the obvious reasons"

GDGF

Soothsayer
Nah. I've seen/heard gaming companies deny things all the time that later came true. Some people handle things differently than others, and sometimes you have to control the damage by denying it. That's why I'd look to other journos to see if they've heard similar things, and how sure they are of the things they've heard.

op_ivy

MoxManiac said:
You guys actually wanted it? How do you do Halo on GBA anyways?

did you see the halo 2 egm from a few years back? they had a 2 page picture of halo sprites in an isometric view. looked cool as hell. anyone got pics?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
You know what? Regardless of if it's being made or not, Mr. Allard wants to see 'Halo universe interpreted on everything that has screen and buttons'. Those are his exact words from the E3 interview. Take it as you will, but he even talks about a cellphone variant where you'd be able to help your team by, say, fixing the Warthog by solving some pattern game on your phone.

beerbelly

Banned
Shucks... Now, can anyone tell me which website claimed to have known that Halo was coming for GBA the whole time but couldn't report because of NDA? (It was not IGN) He made himself sound like he was l337 and had extra insider info too.

I think it was Planetgamecube but I'm not so sure. I just want to make sure so to not believe any shit from that 'source' again.

EDIT: found it. it was gamefaqs. http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=2000108&topic=14539095

Why was i reading that site in the first place? :scratch

Mashing

op_ivy said:
ummmm no. if that were the case, they'd remain silent on it. they wouldnt flat out say in plain english "There is no Game Boy version of Halo planned, and none in production. It's very unlikely that such a version would ever happen for all the obvious reasons"

Just like all the console manufacturers say they are not going to drop the price of their console. And lo and behold the next day, the price drops.

From Craig-IGN

I'm sticking to my guns on this one, gang.

Halo GBA is, from sources not Bungie, at the very least in the planning stages at dev studios that are also not Bungie. It definitely won't see a 2004 release, that's for sure.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Told you biatches. Listen to Craig. He knows what he's talking about. And he's a fellow soothsayer.

Considering the fact that it wouldn't be anything like the original Halo, whether a game has this license or not really doesn't matter.

cvxfreak

Metroid Prime Hunters on the DS looked a lot like its console counterparts from a fair distance (not when dissected in detailed screens). Halo could do very well on the DS, or the PSP.

FriScho

no
halo.gif
???

*sob* *sob*

GDJustin said:
Craig>Matt. Craig is a really nice guy.

Never met Matt, but I got to meet Craig a while back. He stayed over for a day at my apartment in Vancouver few years back because he was friends with my roommate at the time. He is indeed a nice fellow.

Top Bottom