• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo on Xbox One Wishlist Thread

EvB

I'd like giant maps with 32 player online.

Basically I'd like Halo Battlefield 2142

Giant spaceships that are floating high above the maps or even in the atmosphere and you can drop pod down from them or you can take a pelican from and fly down to the planet then have a massive phat war.

That's the radical change I would like, I personally don't enjoy the small arena game types and that isn't what I think of when I think of Halo.

bangai-o

Banned
Giant spaceships that are floating high above the maps or even in the atmosphere and you can drop pod down from them or you can take a pelican from and fly down to the planet then have a massive phat war.

iYwxPs6lFhwLd.gif

goodbye Halo. Destiny pls save us.

Fuchsdh

-A robust, day 1 ranking system. I'd like to see a ranking system that Halo has not seen before. A former Blizzard employee who worked on matchmaking and ranking systems (Joshua Menke) has joined 343 and I would love to see a ranking system that is heavily influenced by StarCraft 2's system. We saw something similar in Reach however the execution was abysmal. Divisions, ladders, seasons all of it.

I think that's a good start for me, what would you all like to see?

If there's one thing to be learned from StarCraft in the "don't do this" realm, I'd say make sure seasons actually last long enough for more casual players to stay in the game. I was enjoying ranking up and even got to Plat 1v1, but the switch to shorter seasons meant that with an increasing school load I was barely getting placed and never had a real chance to fight for any increase. The shorter the season, the less they really mean to me. A 9 or 12 month season seems right.

Other than that, a better adherence towards visual continuity, and making sure the story is deep without being impenetrable.

Acheteedo

Simplify the story a lil bit, make it easier to follow. Also they really need to re-cap the story of Halo 4, still don't quite get it, too many names of characters and species being flung around.

Main thing I want is an open world, or at least levels that feel open, like the silent cartographer.

And bring back firefight.

Make enemies that are fun to fight, aka anything from Halo 1-3. Spartan Ops was trash so bring back Firefight and/or Campaign scoring. Power weapons spawn with timers and are objectives on the map, no more loadout bullshit or armor abilities, or bring back equipment from Halo 3, since they were like power weps and could be fought over. Have a playlist focused on bringing people into E-sports, especially with twitch.tv streaming.

Have Bungie make it......

Or at the very least try to make the MP good like Halo 3's was

Was so turned off by 4's

If I wanted to play COD I will will play guess what? COD

Although I think they've since changed 4's MP and it's somewhat better, still not 3's though

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
- Martyrdom
- Last Stand
- Sprint
- ADS
- Weapon camos
- Killstreaks

I actually came up with my own list of killstreats wut do u guys think

2 Kills - Radar
3 Kills - Pelican Dropship
4 Kills - Random box with random killstreak
5 Kills - Air strike
6 Kills - 2 Phantoms that strafe the map and shoot people
7 Kills - Turrets
8 Kills - U can call in Master Chief and he is controlled by AI and has 3X health and armor and shields
9 Kills - "Flood" the map ;)

Faster halo 3 without armor abilities.

- Martyrdom
- Last Stand
- Sprint
- ADS
- Weapon camos
- Killstreaks

2 Kills - Radar
5 Kills - Air strike
7 Kills - Turrets
8 Kills - U can call in Master Chief and he is controlled by AI and has 3X health and armor and shields

where the 15 kill six man odst squad where you can drop choose the drop pod location to drop.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
- Martyrdom
- Last Stand
- Sprint
- ADS
- Weapon camos
- Killstreaks

2 Kills - Radar
5 Kills - Air strike
7 Kills - Turrets

20 kill streak to glass the map

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
35 kills - All opposing players have their game data erased and malware installed onto their Xbox

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
  • No weapon unlocks.
  • Halo 2/3 1-50 ranking system from day 1.
  • No Ordnance (Global or Personal).
  • No Perks.
  • Remove Armor Abilities
  • Remove Sprint
  • Place weapons on the map with timers.
  • Bring back secondary weapon HUD indicator.
  • Allow dropped weapons to stay on the map.
  • Classic maps for every Halo launch. Midship, Lockout, Burial Mounds, Zanzibar, High Ground, Sanctuary, Beaver Creek, Hang 'em High, Headlong, The Pit.
  • Halo 1 Pistol as starting weapon, correct power.
  • Change the lobby UI to something more like Halo2/3. Halo 4 UI player "cards" doesn't work for me.

Valhelm

contribute something
I'd love a game with the science fiction focus of Halo 4 and the exploration of ODST.

I would love more open, vehicle oriented maps, and 16 v. 16 big team battles.

Dual wielding should be brought back for certain weapons. Fire grenades should come back.

There should be open world levels, like there were in Halo Reach. And I would love the silence SMG to come back. It was a really remarkable weapon.

Some of your wishlists are showing up in Legendary Slayer.

Via Waypoint:

Legendary Slayer is a variant that focuses on basic gameplay with only one loadout, on-map weapons and motion tracker enabled. Here are the key settings:

4 vs. 4 Slayer

Default starting weapon (Assault Rifle)
No Armor Abilities

Motion Tracker enabled

All weapons and grenades located on map (no initial, random or personal ordnance)

The singular loadout is:

Starting weapon: Assault Rifle
Secondary weapon: None
Armor Ability: None
Grenades: Frag x2
Support upgrade: Explosives
Tactical package: Resupply

The Legendary Slayer playlist launches Monday, July 15, on the following maps, which have been custom-created specifically for this playlist:
Haven
Solace
Adrift
Abandon
Landfall
Monolith
Skyline
Shutout

Jawmuncher

I want it to shake things up in SP.
Halo 4 was so by the books it wasn't even fun.
343 needs to be willing to take some risk.

As for MP they need to find a better balance once again. We need something more akin to halo 2. 4s mp was a good idea but I felt wasn't fully realized.

Well:
- Remove perks.
- Re-introduce armour abilities as temporary pick/power ups, perhaps one or two on every map. Minus the idiotic, lazy prom vision.
- Remove the metagame. All the bar filling, all the pointscoring. Keep it basic. And shift the focus back to winning individual games.
- Restore Halo 3-type customisation, where you get armour simply from doing odd things.
- Introduce a whole new enemy class, alongside prometheans and covenant. 4 needed more variety... the proms got boring after a while.
- Bring back discoverable skulls. They made for a fun play through.
- Get rid of that awful mech thing and replace it with the chopper.
- A more open and less linear campaign, even if it comes at a graphical cost.
- On a related note: truly exciting and ambitious set pieces, like the scarabs or even the space section in Reach. IE: dynamic, open, replayable.
- Bring back assault and the wider array of customisable gametypes. For instance, the old CTF without markers on the flag holder... the old CTF was perhaps more slow-paced and tactical, but much more dynamic and worthwhile.
- New characters and villains, retaining MC of course. Halo 4's attempt to create an interesting new cast failed utterly and entirely and totally and miserably and... well, I struggle to believe they were even trying.
- Design a Halo Waypoint without silverlight that doesn't crash my browser!
- Remove weapon unlocks and loadouts and all of that crap... I have precisely zero doubt the old system was better.
- Stop pouring resources into this overblown live action stuff, just because it worked so well with Halo 3. Maybe if you got back Neill Blomkamp, it wouldn't be a waste of money, but...
- Please bring back firefight of the ODST (NOT Reach) variety but with more big maps like Lost Platoon.

Obviously, it seems typical to demand mostly a Halo 2/3 with better graphics; yet I can (and DO) play those games today and have more fun than I do with 4. It's not, sadly, just nostalgia.

If 343 came out and said 'we're taking Halo back to basics, but ramping up the scale'. Well, that's what I want.

MANGOD

Banned
To be honest for me anyway it has to go back to bungie and that is never happening. So halo 5 apart from being omg 1080p 60 fps is not really the bee all and end all that is used to be for me which with the original was a system seller and a fuckin great franchise.
They should have ended it with reach,
4 was a massive disappointment and is the only halo ive never completed.

- Get rid of the ordinance drops or use them only in specific game modes, but never allow it in any slayer modes.

- Put power weapons back on the map in neutral locations or mirrored locations

- Don't put anything cheap into the game like Promethean Vision

- Do not create classes. Period. DMR, BR, Sniper, Shotty and all other race variants of these weapons should always be picked up from the map.

- Customization should be for appearance and abilities only, which they should keep in game except for the Jet Pack. Get that crap out of the game.

- Offer 16 vs 16 big team battles.

bidguy

Banned
-longer campaign
-big battles with giant forerunner vehicles (like the scarab)
-big battles with elites vs prometheans vs humans
-crazy alien weapons
-better promethean designs
-promethean vehicles
-precursor introduction
-flood

Caayn

Campaign / SPOPS
- Longer campaign
- More open campaign levels a la Halo CE and 3
- No more "press this button" 100x each level
- A story writtin by people capable of writting stories. And no more cutting arms of from characters becaus it looks "cool"
- No more glass walls. If I can jump there, I can get there. Just like Halo 2.
- No more eggheads, eggheads, eggheads
- Did I mention eggheads?
- Don't reuse the same map more than twice. Best of all, don't reuse any maps at all.
- Completely redo the prometheans. They are supposed to be the elite of the forerunners. Yet they feel like bullet sponges, with the brains of spongebob.
- NO QTE

Firefight
- Firefight returned

Multiplayer / Forge
- A proper Forge
- No infinity multiplayer
- No perks in any form or way.
- No instant respawn
- Flag/oddball/etc is dropable and not glued to your hand anymore.
- No pistol when holding the flag. As the flag runner you're supposed to have no defense from middle to long range.
- No sprint
- No load-outs
- No flynch
- Bring back descope
- Bring back invasion
- A meaningful ranking system
- Multiplayer is not cannon!

Weapons
- Delete the storm rifle
- Return the plasma repeater and rifle
- Bring back needle rifle
- Bring back spike / flame grenades
- Bring back brute weapons and vehicles.
- Make each precision weapon unique. There's too much overlap between them at the moment. Yes, even after your precious weapon balance.

But most of all. Just make Halo 5, Halo again.

Arnie

Everything we asked for last time, 343 ignored, so in that sense I'm taking an alternative approach:

I want:

- Armour abilities (perks)
- Custom loadouts
- Instant respawns
- Zany, random weapon spawns
- An uneven, imbalanced ranking system

-no perks
-less weapons( i don't want overlapping weapons)
-more distinct weapon sounds(Halo 4 sounded like a mess compared to Reach's weapons sounds)
-an engine that is capable of handling stable 30fps in 4 player splitscreen on all maps including forge maps
-season pass should allow access to all future DLC Maps not just the first couple. Charge more for the pass if need be
-season pass should only grant access to maps and custom armor
-DO NOT REMOVE FEATURES that were available in Reach and Halo 3!!!(If they can't do this, delay the game. stop wasting the time of players and shipping something before it is complete just so you can meet a ship date, you lost me on that).

I gave up on their ability to create a good singleplayer campaign but I still have hope for multiplayer because the actual core of Halo 4 was fantastic. It's just the numerous things they added/removed for the sake of it that ruined it

Here's the problem with games:
- Invest $$$ on Campaign.
- Players go through it within hours and don't play it again.
- More invested into play MP for Hours of replayability.

Why not invest the majority to Campaign for higher replayability?
And instead do an online Beta, digital download MP, and tweek & polish it with further updates.

Just a thought.

Feindflug

Well, what I want and what the average Halo player wants are probably very different things.

SP: Take the ideas in ODST and expand on them. Halo worked surprisingly well as a semi-open world, although a big part of that was the presentation and atmosphere. I want big environments with lots of AI enemies and friendlies running around, use that next-gen horsepower and put Halo 3's biggest battles to shame.

Also, if there are gonna be prometheans, holy hell can you please make them fun to fight? And make their guns less painfully boring? The last 1/4 of Halo 4 was almost unbearable.

MP: I never touched Halo 4's multiplayer because fuck all that leveling and perk nonsense. Do what Reach did, and bring back Firefight except make it actually challenging rather than 15 minutes of boredom. Also, Invasion was awesome and probably the only time I ever really had fun with Halo versus multiplayer. Even if it only had two goddamn maps.

This...plus bring Firefight back and please scrap Spartan Ops unless you're going to completely overhaul this promising but badly executed mode.

Also that may sound weird to some but I'm afraid that the 60fps goal may be a bad choice...while I think that the 60fps is vastly superior to 30fps (I'm not in the "30fps is cinematic" lunacy club) I'm afraid that the 60fps may hurt this franchise, I honestly can't see them go crazy in terms of scale a la Halo 3 with the game running at 60fps...this will probably mean too many compromises in the visuals and I doubt that 343 will sacrifice the graphics that much.

Hopefully I'm wrong because I want a Halo 3 in steroids campaign and not another Halo 4. :/

My advice to 343 would be as follows:

Single Player
- More sandbox encounters/less corridor stuff
- Heavy focus on advancing enemy AI
- No more QTEs. Ever. They don't belong in Halo titles.

Co-op/Spartan Ops successor
- More level/mission variety
- Better netcode
- Make Palmer disappear. Forever.

Multiplayer
- Admit to yourself that Reach and 4 MP were back alley abortions.
- Put Halo 3 in your Xbox. Play it. Notice how much fun it is. Say to yourself, "Let's go back in time six years and start over by using this as our foundation."
- That means: no COD perks, no COD loadouts, no COD sprint, no COD flinch, no COD unlocks/leveling. Basically: no COD. We can play COD any time we want. Give us Halo- a fast paced arena shooter with a wide skill gap. Watch your population come back. Sell a shitload of DLC. Buy a new car. Love life.

My advice to 343 would be as follows:

Single Player
- More sandbox encounters/less corridor stuff
- Heavy focus on advancing enemy AI
- No more QTEs. Ever. They don't belong in Halo titles.

Co-op/Spartan Ops successor
- More level/mission variety
- Better netcode
- Make Palmer disappear. Forever.

Multiplayer
- Admit to yourself that Reach and 4 MP were back alley abortions.
- Put Halo 3 in your Xbox. Play it. Notice how much fun it is. Say to yourself, "Let's go back in time six years and start over by using this as our foundation."
- That means: no COD perks, no COD loadouts, no COD sprint, no COD flinch, no COD unlocks/leveling. Basically: no COD. We can play COD any time we want. Give us Halo- a fast paced arena shooter with a wide skill gap. Watch your population come back. Sell a shitload of DLC. Buy a new car. Love life.
Hire him & Juices!
Plus put H2Anniversary inside our copies of Halo 5.
No Stupid "Online Gold Requirement BS"

I think it would be fun to have a 3rd person and ADS mode. Haters gonna hate, but I love it. Games with it feel better to me. I love Halo in all its glory, don't get me wrong, but I'd love to experience it in the Halo Universe at least once.

matthieuC

I all I wish for is the game to go back to its roots. No I don't want Halo 2 HD. Innovation is great if the core gameplay is all there.

Also, open world would be neat.

Well:
- Remove perks.
- Re-introduce armour abilities as temporary pick/power ups, perhaps one or two on every map. Minus the idiotic, lazy prom vision.
- Remove the metagame. All the bar filling, all the pointscoring. Keep it basic. And shift the focus back to winning individual games.
- Restore Halo 3-type customisation, where you get armour simply from doing odd things.
- Introduce a whole new enemy class, alongside prometheans and covenant. 4 needed more variety... the proms got boring after a while.
- Bring back discoverable skulls. They made for a fun play through.
- Get rid of that awful mech thing and replace it with the chopper.
- A more open and less linear campaign, even if it comes at a graphical cost.
- On a related note: truly exciting and ambitious set pieces, like the scarabs or even the space section in Reach. IE: dynamic, open, replayable.
- Bring back assault and the wider array of customisable gametypes. For instance, the old CTF without markers on the flag holder... the old CTF was perhaps more slow-paced and tactical, but much more dynamic and worthwhile.
- New characters and villains, retaining MC of course. Halo 4's attempt to create an interesting new cast failed utterly and entirely and totally and miserably and... well, I struggle to believe they were even trying.
- Design a Halo Waypoint without silverlight that doesn't crash my browser!
- Remove weapon unlocks and loadouts and all of that crap... I have precisely zero doubt the old system was better.
- Stop pouring resources into this overblown live action stuff, just because it worked so well with Halo 3. Maybe if you got back Neill Blomkamp, it wouldn't be a waste of money, but...
- Please bring back firefight of the ODST (NOT Reach) variety but with more big maps like Lost Platoon.

Obviously, it seems typical to demand mostly a Halo 2/3 with better graphics; yet I can (and DO) play those games today and have more fun than I do with 4. It's not, sadly, just nostalgia.

If 343 came out and said 'we're taking Halo back to basics, but ramping up the scale'. Well, that's what I want.

I do like the idea of making armor abilities an upgrade you get in the middle of the game. It would be really cool if a jet pack spawned at the bottom of a map and when the player with it died, it would go back to a spawn timer.

Same deal with a high powered auto-turret in CTF games. If it spawned in a neutral location it would be a really great power weapon.

Feindflug

This thread is some pretty decent market research, Stinkles. Just sayin'.

Well almost everyone in this thread at least likes the franchise (I'd say most love it), others for the campaigns (like me) and others for the multiplayer and I'm pretty sure that most suggestions here would make Halo 5 a better game so yeah I hope Frankie at least reads this thread. :/

I all I wish for is the game to go back to its roots. No I don't want Halo 2 HD. Innovation is great if the core gameplay is all there.

Also, open world would be neat.

If kojima can do it with MGS V then 343 should be able to do it also as an exclusive studio.
Stinkles 1080p@60fps plox.

I really hope they enhance forge mode. Something like Trials Evolution or Little Big Planet 2, where you can add events and triggers to create some amazing maps and gametypes.

Top Bottom