• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

AlStrong

This. I'm not sure why 343 is such a fan of these dull desaturated colors. A tad bit of an increase in the saturation makes a nice difference.

:p (feels like the opposite of what happened with Diablo 3, but anyways)

Y6Pelun.jpg

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The round-based elimination gametype could be interesting. Hopefully it's more than just Team Slayer with only one life per round.

Well it's like counter-strike

Your life is more valuable than your ability to do stupid things

Pros: tendency to be more organized games
Cons: tends to slow down to a halt, camping becomes prolific

There'd obviously have to be an incentive in that type of a game (like CS uses with hostages and bombs)

In a Halo game, powerups are one way to do that... Objective is another but it would require an overhaul...CS mitigates this by leaving objectives in multiple spots on the map. This allows offense to overload and defense to spread.

So imagine it's a one sided 2 flag or 1 bomb assault with multiple points of arming... It would essentially be CS

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Frank, can you please confirm or deny that ads is in Halo 5?

Real simple answer, yes it is or no it isnt. :)

Not in terms of gameplay as you understand it. No. Read Josh's clarification from yesterday. Animation? Watch tonight. You will see one nee aspect where you will be like, "why would a skilled player even DO that?" And you'll be right. It's a toggleable feature for babbys (imo)

HALO GAF ITS OKAY YOU CAN STEP OFF THE LEDGE NOW

No get back on the ledge. I am talking about two separate things. ADS gameplay no.

Changed animation yes.

Also new gameplay feature on top of that. Ledge is merely wider than you thought. With safety netting and bird spikes.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I think it's pretty obvious that there is an ADS animation; the functionality is the debate. Personally, I think it's going to merely be "cosmetic" in that it functions the same as classic Halo zoom. It would be a rather egregious mistake on their part to make it function like CoD ADS.
If its purely cosmetic, then i wouldnt see an issue. But why cant they just give a damn plain simple answer... If its not ads, then by god just say, halo 5 does not have ads. Not sure why thqts so difficult.

There's a reason it's almost a year out.

Hypothetically, if Beta feedback caused some larger widespread changes, would a second one be held to properly get adjusted feedback?

As for the usage of ADS in Halo 5, I'm curious. I used to think ADS would work on a purely cosmetic level, but over time I became more skeptical. Time will tell.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Not in terms of gameplay as you understand it. No. Read Josh's clarification from yesterday. Animation? Watch tonight. You will see one nee aspect where you will be like, "why would a skilled player even DO that?" And you'll be right. It's a toggleable feature for babbys (imo)
Thank you for the clarification, now i will sleep easy tonight ;)

jem0208

you literally aim down sights m8

Yeah, but a visual redesign is hardly a major problem. And if people object that much it's something which can very easily be changed or an option can be added.

Called it ;)

And the natives rejoice!

lmfao You're an inspiration for anyone looking to be a leader of something many people hold special..

I just hope you know that. I can't wait to see your face on Forbes or something <3

stinkles you said a skilled player would never use promethean vision though.

Impala26

Obligatory...

ohhhh-o.gif

tootsi666

Based stinkles
Hype has returned

MegalonJJ

Banned
Legitimate question, not intended to be harsh: how much does our feedback on the beta actually matter? I ask since a very sizable portion of the Halo community has been vocal about their dislike of sprint ever since Reach, but it's been in Halo 4 and now Halo 5. Same thing with ADS - it's been said by the community many, many times that we don't want to see ADS or anything like it, but here it is in Halo 5.

So it kind of seems like a lot of our feedback in the past hasn't been impactful, so I'm kind of skeptical of how much it will matter for the beta.

Hopefully Frankie and the team at 343i listen to the beta feedback. I mean, if they want a sustained community and population after the first few weeks of release, then they'll have to do much better than Halo 4, which suffered as the wider audience that MS/343 were chasing with the poor design choices dismissed it very quickly, and the core fanbase diminished substantially.

Of course the MCC will serve us fine, but hopefully they take note of community feedback with a greater degree of importance. I understand that this is a business and a large investment demands a good return but I fear that 343 & MS's sole concern are its front loaded first week sales with a disregard to its longevity. And this time, the Xbox One won't have an equivalent ~70-80 million install base.

You mean DMR campers ?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

No get back on the ledge. I am talking about two separate things. ADS gameplay no.

Changed animation yes.

Also new gameplay feature on top of that. Ledge is merely wider than you thought. With safety netting and bird spikes.

TTUVAPOR

Banned

Changed animation yes.

So basically you get to see around you as your aiming, e. G., scoping. Interesting

VinFTW

Changed animation yes.

Frank, can you re-explain this? I'm a bit confused now (no joke).

So there's NO ADS gameplay like in CoD, but the zoom animation of old "looks" like ADS (functions/plays the same as old zoom)?

And it can be toggled? or something..

Changed animation yes.

I still don't understand. I'm guessing you mean the animation to look down the site vs the original scope in "animation?"

Either way, thanks for clarifying this stuff. Sounds promising.

Top Bottom