• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Radar should be nerfed. Not sure why they continue to make it more and more useful lol.

As Funkown mentioned, having useful callouts like "Mid" is great, and will help my terrible friends not be so bad at Halo.

Prophets' Bane sounds really cool. I hope the gametype for it is good.

I'm glad the UI font is not ugly anymore.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Radar should be nerfed. Not sure why they continue to make it more and more useful lol.
Yeah. If 343 is looking for feedback after the Halo 5 beta, I think I'll probably make that one of my main talking points.

Prophets' Bane sounds badass.
Yeah. If 343 is looking for feedback after the Halo 5 beta, I think I'll probably make that one of my main talking points.
Same. We should all take this seriously, make clips, write analyses, etc.

It's going to be really fun at least to discuss Halo again.

singhr1

So looking at the Day One Playlists:

• Team H2A is all BR starts except normal Team Slayer. All Objective are BR starts.
  • H4 in BTB is only Slayer Pro or CTF
  • Halo 4 playlist defaults to 5 v 5.
  • No Halo 3 in Swat.

Noticed they didn't include many maps in matchmaking. That includes:
  • Chiron TL-34
  • Longest
  • Tombstone
  • Boarding Action
  • Backwash
  • Desolation
  • Complex
  • Daybreak
  • Erosion
  • Impact
  • Longbow
  • Meltdown
  • Outcast
  • Perdition
  • Ragnarok
  • Ravine
  • Vortex

dwells

So how do things work with the MCC thread in gaming and this thread? Are we migrating to one thread or the other, or how's that gonna work?

I'm not sure I can handle two threads at once, man.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So how do things work with the MCC thread in gaming and this thread? Are we migrating to one thread or the other, or how's that gonna work?

I'm not sure I can handle two threads at once, man.
The diehards and curmudgeons usually stick to the community thread as their main home, and then the people who mostly play Halo whenever a new one comes out will post in the MCC thread. That's how it usually works out.

Welfare

7p5MWuj.png
So your team knows when you pick up a power weapon. But what about the enemy?

Also the Prophets Bane. Wasn't the normal sword in the Halo 5 Gamescom footage? Maybe that Rocket is a special Rocket.

Impala26

Welp... that was a lot of pages to skim through tonight.

Jem's epic retelling of the past 36 hours went a long way though.

Thanks for the roller coaster ride HaloGAF!

EDIT: Can someone redirect me to the master list of HaloGAF GamerTags? Lost the page it was on due to The Great Deluge.

Welp... that was a lot of pages to skim through tonight.

Jem's epic retelling of the past 36 hours went a long way though.

Thanks for the roller coaster ride HaloGAF!

EDIT: Can someone redirect me to the master list of HaloGAF GamerTags? Lost the page it was on due to The Great Deluge.

Mix's OT is up, you should be able to use that.

Catching up on the last 14 hours of this thread was an emotional roller-coaster. I'ma take a nap.

So thoughts tho...

- Psuedo ADS... Ok, but only because descoping is in and it doesn't effect speed.
- All for new movement such as 1st person thruster pack.
- Sprint... ok if and only if there is a penalty as Frankie has alluded to, like not regenerating shields whilst sprinting.
- New Sword... growing on me already.
- #wedad
- #haloisdad
- #weback

belushy

Banned
So your team knows when you pick up a power weapon. But what about the enemy?

Also the Prophets Bane. Wasn't the normal sword in the Halo 5 Gamescom footage? Maybe that Rocket is a special Rocket.

Nah I think the new rocket was made because the style one we are used too probably couldn't fit right with the ADS stuff.

I'm thinking they just added names to the power weapons to make it cooler to "control" them.

Maybe, but that'd be super boring. Also, what's up with the handle?

Could Prophets' Bane be some type of gameplay/objective thing?

Like instead of the flag/bomb/whatever, it's a...whatever that is?

Possible. We haven't gotten an overview of the beta gametypes yet, AFAIK. Could even be something map-specific, considering they're on Midship.

Is that confirmed? I'm late to all the info and haven't totally caught up. And yeah, I agree, the new sword looks cool.

Yeah, confirmed. Looked pretty great, actually.

VinFTW

Holy shit that makes so much sense. They slimmed down the rocket and added this sight thing:

If that's true then my avatar goes back to the x.

I can handle the BR with ADS but rockets?!

That just isn't Halo. I mean, come on... I could just go play AW if I want all this shit.

Man, you are just super eager to write off this game :p

You don't understand how much I love Halo... I can deal with change, a quickening of the gameplay and an evolution that stays true to the nature of the game, but stray too far... and you'll turn chess into monopoly.

god I love that analogy

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, confirmed. Looked pretty great, actually.
Whoa, cool. Could you elaborate? It's first person? How far does it carry you in comparison to the thruster pack in Halo 4 or evade in Reach? Does the reticle disappear?

Whoa, cool. Could you elaborate?

There was a video/gif of a player going up a ramp and then suddenly thrustering backwards. As they did, their SMG tilts upwards and becomes unusable until they stop their backwards motion (cool balancing mechanic IMO). So far (AFAIK) it is only backwards confirmed so far. Haven't seen anything either way about left/right/forward/up/down.

In the gif an enemy player turns a corner charging at the player but a grenade gets stuck to the enemy and blows up. It was one of the shitstorms stirred earlier with people thinking the SMG was a grenade launcher.

EDIT: Distance I don't know. Roughly the same as Halo 4? Reticle stays there but like I said the gun gets tilted and looks to be unusable until the animation/movement stops and goes to normal gameplay. Everything stays in first person.

I just now noticed that Halo 1 MP in the MCC uses the anniversary sounds rather than the classic sounds.

Hadn't realized. Or maybe it's an option in the settings.

Whoa, cool. Could you elaborate? It's first person? How far does it carry you in comparison to the thruster pack in Halo 4 or evade in Reach? Does the reticle disappear?

Carries you a decent distance; it's tough to make a comparison to reach or 4 without a sense of scale, plus the first person =/= 3rd person problem. The reticle sticks around, but, like FUBAR said, your weapon seems to be unusable for the duration (might be a little bit less, it's tough to tell).

mhi

With the embargo up, my god the Halo 1 mp ping noise is so annoying. Hope they patch it out, going to try and stream some competitive Halo 1/2/A tonight.

Snipetality also working on a short highlight reel of yesterday's stream, might see some Frankie in there too.

What is this ? I was watching gameplay and noticed this, what triggers it ?

EDIT: I guess its hit confirm ? From PC ?

What is this ? I was watching gameplay and noticed this, what triggers it ?

It's sort of an auditory hitmarker.. The original PC netcode for CE was so bad, they had to add it as a way to confirm that players were making their shots.

Also, Mix with the save!

Top Bottom